Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items

For Sale Items Post items for sale here. ABSOLUTELY NO COMMERCIAL SALES.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:37 PM   #1
tdk3231

Trader Rating: (0)
tdk3231 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BW 6258 EFR fs/ft

Brand new Borg Warner EFR 6258
T25 Inlet
3" V Band outlet

Looking to sell for trade for a turbo for bottom mount setup on an sr20

Price - $1200

Located in Virginia Beach, VA

tdk3231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2017, 03:42 PM   #2
drivinsideways88

Trader Rating: (4)
drivinsideways88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Why won't this work for bottom mount?
drivinsideways88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 03:44 PM   #3
tdk3231

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivinsideways88 View Post
Why won't this work for bottom mount?
It would work as bottom mount with modifications. The original plan was to switch to top mount and use it but things change and I'm not heading that route anymore. So I'd prefer something that didn't require as much modification to make work
Old 02-09-2017, 03:49 PM   #4
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
It actually works fine as bottom mount if

1) You use banjo bolt for coolant fitting on block
2) Add v band to the downpipe
3) A 90 degree silicone coupler for the compressor outlet
4) 90 degree (or similar) silicone coupler compressor inlet

It actually works on a stock or equivalent manifold. Actually, it would work perfect for a Gen 2 Megan or similar
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 03:51 PM   #5
tdk3231

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
It actually works fine as bottom mount if

1) You use banjo bolt for coolant fitting on block
2) Add v band to the downpipe
3) A 90 degree silicone coupler for the compressor outlet
4) 90 degree (or similar) silicone coupler compressor inlet

It actually works on a stock or equivalent manifold. Actually, it would work perfect for a Gen 2 Megan or similar

Well sir if no one buys it soon I might just try it. The few write ups I've come across have all been a little more in depth than that with certain modifications. Thanks for the info
Old 02-09-2017, 03:58 PM   #6
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
I actually did the tutorial that is on here. There is no serious fab work involved. Actually, outside of the downpipe, there really isnt any fab work involved
Old 02-09-2017, 04:00 PM   #7
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=627928
Old 02-09-2017, 04:04 PM   #8
tdk3231

Quote:
You did a write up with a different manifold also didn't you? On a different site?
Old 02-09-2017, 04:11 PM   #9
drivinsideways88

I'm doing an sr20/carolla swap. I currently have a Tomei manifold. So I know I'm already going to make a custom down pipe. Just trying to figure out how custom it would have to be for this turbo.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:13 PM   #10
drivinsideways88

It almost looks like the exhaust side sits back further then stock witch wouldn't be good. Because it already drops right on top of the steering rack.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:32 PM   #11
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

tdk: Yes, I did it with both an aftermarket and a stock. The one aftermarket one I had, was chopped and the flange rotated to fit. However, upon further investigation, when using a stock manifold, none of that was needed and it worked better with the stock fitment (aftermarket or stock) manifold fitment. You can see in my writeup. Worked out better as I could remove the manifold/turbo all in one swoop without having to bend the brake lines. So much better with v band connections and have the manifold and turbo out in about 1 hour (that also included getting the car jacked up and on stands). Better than any garrett or 5 bolt turbo outlet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivinsideways88 View Post
It almost looks like the exhaust side sits back further then stock witch wouldn't be good. Because it already drops right on top of the steering rack.
It sits further back, but I had ZERO issues with clearance. I still had about a foot of room behind the downpipe on a S14 with a stock manifold
Old 02-09-2017, 04:34 PM   #12
tdk3231

Quote:
tdk: Yes, I did it with both an aftermarket and a stock. The one aftermarket one I had, was chopped and the flange rotated to fit. However, upon further investigation, when using a stock manifold, none of that was needed and it worked better with the stock fitment (aftermarket or stock) manifold fitment. You can see in my writeup. Worked out better as I could remove the manifold/turbo all in one swoop without having to bend the brake lines. So much better with v band connections and have the manifold and turbo out in about 1 hour (that also included getting the car jacked up and on stands). Better than any garrett or 5 bolt turbo outlet.

It sits further back, but I had ZERO issues with clearance. I still had about a foot of room behind the downpipe on a S14 with a stock manifold
Thanks man! I'm going to try and piece together all of this this weekend as my current turbo has shit the bed. Hopefully I can get it all rather easily.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:50 PM   #13
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

I am just trying to help. In case someone wants to buy it, there is an option to use the OEM manifold

PM me if you need anymore info.

P.S I am in the DMV area