Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-30-2015, 06:54 PM   #31
a3dicbillygoat

Trader Rating: (0)
a3dicbillygoat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I am sleepy. so this will suck but here are some updates from what has happened since the last time on Arts n Crafts with Steve.

someone took a cool pic of my wheel

rollin

did another drift event. burned up some tyres.

did some tandem.

my car is already pretty quick in drift.

cheers from sinco de mayo

went to some gay stance car meet that every single car was cookie cutter bullshit. fuck those guys.
thats me tho

heres me too

I want to make it clear that nothing in these next pictures is 100% done. Im still in the prosses of tinkering and fine tuning everything to my liking as well as painting.

After years of wanting a rear mount radiator i finally decided to take the plunge
I did all the fabrication myself besides the aluminum welding on the water pipes.

photo bucket is being a bitch and i dont feel like dealing with it so sorry for lack of pics of building.

bought some derale 4000cfm 12 inch fans.

these fans are beast.

was going to put NACA ducts in the quarter panels but they fit like shit inside and out so fuck that.

I made two "jigs" for the new ducts i will be making out of sheet metal
i'm going to be using these two pieces of lexan to form the metal around it. that way i can reproduce these ducts exactly the same over and over incase of any future accidents. doing the ducts this way i will have WAY more air then i did with the naca ducts and it will look way better.

also during the down time of waiting on parts i rebuilt my axels

most of you don't know but i race dirt oval karts aswell. ive had pretty good success This past weekend at volusia speedway park they hosted the gator championchip race.
i entered two classes, the first was box stock open tire pro which was $500 to win and the box stock pro vega tire which was $1000 to win.

i qualified second in the first race and ended up coming in third and won $100
in the vega pro class i qualified on pole with around a .12 gap over second place. this was a huge feat for me as almost everyone in the top 10 where state champions. one or two of the people in the top 5 where factory drivers.
we started the race and only got 3 laps in before it got rained out. As per the rules if the race does not complete 10 laps the order of qualifying determains the winner. That being said i won the $1000 purse. taking home a total of $1100 was a great feeling.

I also got a huge promotion at work and the shop owner has been investing quite a bit of money in me. My shop owner sent me out to sikkens technical training facility in GA for the autobase plus class. I learned a lot of really cool tricks and tips on automotive painting
My shop owner also bought me a brand new Sata 5000.

the lead painters gun on the left, mine on the right
a3dicbillygoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2015, 04:20 PM   #32
a3dicbillygoat

Getting closer ever day but still in mock up.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:10 PM   #33
Salvarath
Leaky Injector

Salvarath is an unknown quantity at this point
It's looking great! Everyone says keep up the good work, but keep up the good work. I actually really like your car except for the open front end, it doesn't seem that strong compared to others.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:25 PM   #34
a3dicbillygoat

Thanks for all the support guys it means a lot! I've spent a lot of time mentally and physically trying to get this car to where I want it to be.

The front end had a tube and plate welded across the bottom that the tension rod bolts to as well as capped frame rails and another "jack" bar that ties into the frame rails and is made out of the same material as the cage.

So structurally I think all the strength is there.

As for the top almost all the core support is still in tact just the center section was cut out to lean the radiator forward. It would probably all get vaporized in an accident but that's fine.

IMO the weaker the front end is up there the more the damage will localize to that area rather than spreading to the frame and strut towers. However at some point I will be welding bars from the strut towers to the frame rails which should keep the motor from getting hit and keep the front end together in case of an accident.

I've been wanting to get opinions on front and rear bash bars. I have an idea in my head but it would be cool to see some cars that have gotten wrecked and see how the S chassis reacts in certain situations when crashing.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:32 PM   #35
a3dicbillygoat

ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

final re assembly has begun.
painted my radiator brackets the same color as my wing.

mounted fuel cooler since a1000 and florida don't mix

that being said the fuel system is 100% done

ran the final AN hose for the radiator today.

the only thing left for the coolant to be finished is drill and tap the water pump for steam vent.

I have also wired the fans I just need to power the relays.

i am exite
Old 06-14-2015, 08:43 AM   #36
D-Clem
Zilvia Member

D-Clem is making a name for him/her selfD-Clem is making a name for him/her self
This is such a sick build. I'm a local, idk how I haven't seen this car. I ran green cove last month but there wasn't a huge turnout. Hopefully I'll see this monster at the next event. Good luck man
D-Clem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 05:51 PM   #37
a3dicbillygoat

Final mounted all the coolant lines today.

As well as mounted my coolant overflow can

I drove the car today and all I can say is holy shit. The car has soooo much more grip now it's insane. The car has so much forward bite. I used to have to pedal third to keep from spinning now the second I get in third I can hold it flat till fourth. The amount of grip in drift is super crazy and is going to be fun getting used to it. 60mph exiting a closed intersection in drift was a awesome feeling.

All I can say is That I am super confident with the way this build is going and hopefully going to help me because a big competitor at the end of this and next year at some Florida events. The next event I want to go to will be at OSW In July. I am really exite.

P.S. I'm sorry for everything I'm about to put you through axles. Stay strong for the both of us.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:43 AM   #38
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I enjoy your A/N's a lot.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:06 PM   #39
Salvarath
Leaky Injector

Hey, for front end designs, I "designed" a front end setup for my s13 that has 2 crush zones that bolt on, so they're replaceable. One on each side for the fenders and the front bash bar is designed to rip off. Theres a main frame that the crush zones would bolt to, so you could keep your main frame intact and just smash in the crushable pieces. I've never really seen crush zones or replaceable parts built into tube front cars, I think that would be awesome to incorporate. I'm sure you could create it but if you want I could find the drawings I have.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:38 PM   #40
a3dicbillygoat

Salvarath think you could send me pictures of it on your car and drawings? I would really appreciate it. Sounds like a cool design.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:13 PM   #41
Salvarath
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by a3dicbillygoat View Post
Salvarath think you could send me pictures of it on your car and drawings? I would really appreciate it. Sounds like a cool design.
I will send you a PM of a diagram. Or if you want, post them here. I can't find my original drawings so I'll just recreate them on the computer, they'll be easier to understand than my original drawings anyway.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:32 PM   #42
a3dicbillygoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvarath View Post
I will send you a PM of a diagram. Or if you want, post them here. I can't find my original drawings so I'll just recreate them on the computer, they'll be easier to understand than my original drawings anyway.

You can go ahead and pm them to me whenever
Old 07-01-2015, 07:24 PM   #43
hasemi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
hasemi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
So let me get this straight. You are 14 years old. You appear to have a 21 year old girlfriend that is a model. You drink coronas and Dukes Of Hazzard your 240sx all in the name of JDM. You da next Bieber!
Old 07-27-2015, 07:56 PM   #44
a3dicbillygoat

Interior back in

Interiors back in

Rear shot looking hot

My first time taking the car out sliding after moving the radiator. The car feels amazing.
https://youtu.be/PY6SVm_EDj4

Second time taking the car sliding. The first "lap" I was just getting the feel for the car on the super dirty surface and the next lap I was hucking it as hard as I could to find the limits.
https://youtu.be/sfxRKk2n2tM

**both of these videos where taking on land my dad owns and operates. Street drifting is illegal and I don't condone it**

Also AUGUST 15th OSW is having a drift event. I will be trying my hardest to make it. If any of you are local you should try to make it out.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:46 PM   #45
a3dicbillygoat

And I bout wheels from Japan. Shipping is going to take about 6 weeks and I'm counting every day lol

17x9+5 front 17x10+5 rear. They are in pretty bad shape but given my profession it will be so cheap to fix them.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:41 AM   #46
drewr4411
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
drewr4411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Quick question,

Is that a modified extended E brake? or something he purchased from a vender?

thanks
drewr4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:57 PM   #47
a3dicbillygoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewr4411 View Post

Quick question,

Is that a modified extended E brake? or something he purchased from a vender?

thanks
it is a piece of metal with ruffly the same inside diameter as the e brake handle. it was on the car when i bought it and it has no locking mechanism.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:37 AM   #48
wanna240
Zilvia Member

wanna240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Absolutely an amazing build. I will be doing the same with my s14 zenki.
wanna240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:32 AM   #49
drewr4411
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
drewr4411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
it is a piece of metal with ruffly the same inside diameter as the e brake handle. it was on the car when i bought it and it has no locking mechanism.
Thank you!
drewr4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:55 AM   #50
a3dicbillygoat

Got some updates coming in the next few days

It consists of these items and a couple more not pictured.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:22 AM   #51
Heywood Jablomie
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Heywood Jablomie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dude, mounting a fuel cooler inside the car, directly behind your seat is a fucking horrible idea. How has nobody brought this up yet??
Heywood Jablomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:10 PM   #52
a3dicbillygoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood Jablomie View Post
Dude, mounting a fuel cooler inside the car, directly behind your seat is a fucking horrible idea. How has nobody brought this up yet??
If your concern is my safety I wouldn't worry about it. This car could kill me in a million different ways. I have however also bought a new fuel cell and will be changing the position of my fuel cooler getting it closer to the radiator.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:24 PM   #53
Counteract
Leaky Injector

Counteract is an unknown quantity at this point
Schweet thread man. Was really confused by the LB stickers so had to go back and re-read as I didn't realise many people outside of Europe/Australia knew of them! They're a local team to me and rock hard!
Counteract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:04 PM   #54
Heywood Jablomie
Leaky Injector

Quote:
If your concern is my safety I wouldn't worry about it. This car could kill me in a million different ways. I have however also bought a new fuel cell and will be changing the position of my fuel cooler getting it closer to the radiator.
Well death is one thing, being horribly horribly burned and surviving is another. Next to the radiator doesn't help you if you have a line bleed or break and the entire car is filled with flames. There is a reason you don't see fuel inside the same compartment as the driver on any car built to real safety spec.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:12 PM   #55
fredmootkx

fredmootkx is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome build, thumb up!
fredmootkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 08:15 PM   #56
a3dicbillygoat

I will be building a fire wall in the future. Just like every other pro car.

As you can see from my last post my wheels finally arrived from japn. I was super happy to finally have a nice set of wheels despite how beat up they are.
I literally couldn't have picked a better width size or offset for these thing in the front. I'm stoked.

The only thing I didn't like when I recived the wheels is the lack of lipage I got from them.

Well. VR wheels changed that. I bought a pair of 18x11+14 with 5.5 inch lips.

These fucking wheels man. All this lip they are giving me is out of control.

I also built the cradle for my fuel cell this weekend. Times like these I wish I didn't have to wait on friends to borrow their welder. Next purchase maybe?

I know it's dark as shit but here's my fuel cells resting place. If you look hard enough you can see my new fuel cooler and mounting position in the bottom right of the radiator.

I have an ATL swirl pot on the way too.

And in driving related news I'm entering my first competition December 19th which I am really exited for. Hopefully I can get used to this car fast enough to be competitive
Old 11-15-2015, 01:13 AM   #57
Heywood Jablomie
Leaky Injector

holy shit. fucking florida.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:44 PM   #58
a3dicbillygoat

The updates are coming
Old 12-25-2015, 03:36 PM   #59
izzy-
Zilvia Member

izzy- is an unknown quantity at this point
You ever though about taking the wing off, and painting it one color?
izzy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:20 AM   #60
a3dicbillygoat

I didn't have time to take pictures so this part is all Hellan Keller sorry. Staying awake till 1-2am every morning then waking up at 6am to go to work absolutely sucked. The week before the event was total fucking hell

I was happy with the placement of all my components and started running fuel lines.

Everything was going smooth as shit. Then when I went to remove a fitting that was over torqued from ATL's factory on my swirl pot the nut free spun in the pot creating a leak. Literally 2 nights before the event. I called ATL and they next day air freighted me one Friday but it wouldn't make it here in time. Next I pulled out the JB weld and stopped the leaks. But now that I was stuck with the fitting that was in the swirl pot I had to run adapters and other bullshit I didn't plan on or have Friday at lunch luckily I was able to find a local shop that carried AN fittings. Primed the system for the first time at 2am on Saturday let it run for a while to double check for leaks. Nothing where good to go.

Loaded the car up at 8 am and headed to the track

EVENT UPDATE
THE GRAND DRIFT CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND 3 at Gainsville raceway

This being my first ever competition event and my first time ever trying to actually tandem close to someone with a car I completely changed the weight bias on and drove about 8 miles total the night before the event I had no idea what to expect.

I qualified seventh. I thought that I should have been higher but that's drifting

Me and Alex segal (LS vert)went up against each other and I knocked him out of comp. if he wouldn't have spun when I was chasing him it probably would have gone one more time. He said he could hear me getting close so he pushed it to hard. His car was putting out so much more smoke then I have ever seen chasing someone which was pretty intense going into a corner halfway blind. it made it almost impossible to see on switch backs but I kept up with him and started gettin more comfortable without full vision.

http://youtu.be/FhmZCGsTADg my chase run

Next run was against a LS with a ms3 cam. I expected his car to be fast but that was not the case. Initiated on his ass and literally couldn't left foot brake enough to go slow enough and hang with him. Tried gas to e brake to gas to e brake over and over but still couldn't go slow enough. My lead run against him I gapped him then hucked it into the last corner and spun when my front tire hit my wheel well. I knew I lost already because my chase run but it was all good.

Knowing I lost I had to put up the ✌️

http://youtu.be/0UmrQhvG8pQ You can see how much faster my car was on my lead run.

Now I'm in the losers bracket. This was for third place.

I Went against a Miata that qualified first and it was a great run. I was really close to him the whole run and was starting to get the hang of this whole tandem thing.

My lead run I gapped him and then I just went to hard into the last corner again and almost spun. I held it held but went into the grass with my front tores on the next switch back so I lost that battle. The staff handed me the walkie talkie with Kelsey Rawlings (main judge) on the other end and she told me I would have won if I didn't go retard into the last corner. http://youtu.be/giRL2IDTGck

But it was an awesome event. I leaned so much and it was sweet to see my car actually preform against other cars with more power and be faster than them.

The whole car will be painted hopefully soon this new year so I'm not going to worry about changing the wing color.