Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Japan 日本

Old 02-07-2017, 11:55 AM   #31
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Studs and lugnuts are stupidly cheap at Upgarage but whatever. Also since you are buying a car from PV, they usually hook you up with replacement parts for cheap if you do break an arm. Hopefully the track isn't in the shitty condition it was last time I was there.

Like I said before onesies at Don Quijote are $20-30. How do I know? I bought one there and have been using it for the last 2 years.

He^^ is correct on the day before thing but they usually come around before they close the day before to let everyone know they need to leave.

I'd get a bay close to wherever you'll think you will be at the most. Keep in mind, all courses will be open for drifting during Matsuri.
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2017, 12:45 PM   #32
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinoyxmk View Post
Studs and lugnuts are stupidly cheap at Upgarage but whatever. Also since you are buying a car from PV, they usually hook you up with replacement parts for cheap if you do break an arm. Hopefully the track isn't in the shitty condition it was last time I was there.

Like I said before onesies at Don Quijote are $20-30. How do I know? I bought one there and have been using it for the last 2 years.

He^^ is correct on the day before thing but they usually come around before they close the day before to let everyone know they need to leave.

I'd get a bay close to wherever you'll think you will be at the most. Keep in mind, all courses will be open for drifting during Matsuri.
I wasn't second guessing anything that you said! The track was definitely in rough shape. My girlfriend and I are planning on spending a day or two filling in some holes on Touge and School Course.

Where is Don Quijote relevant to the track?
240sx_sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:11 PM   #33
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sx_sr20det View Post
Oh wow, you're getting there only a few days before Matsuri. I'll be there from April 16-May 6, so we'll get some driving time in together!

We know a few people that are going again, so we'll have a little crew; anything you need, just ask and I'm more than willing to help.

Also, I have a rental car booked, if you don't get one, and need to get anywhere quick. Like 7/11, or such.

Better yet, just bring studs and lug nuts with you from home. I brought a full arms kit, for S13, the last time we went, and it came in handy when my girlfriend continued to find craters on the side of North Course, lol.

A onesie is a must, for sure. Nothing sucks worse than working on cars, and drifting, in the same gross clothes. They were quite expensive, at the Home Centers, in Japan, so I'd try to find one before you head out.

Our B&B is a KM up the road, from the track, so we can save you a spot, the morning of Matsuri. It gets packed REAL quick. For reference, do NOT show up the night before and park your car in a bay because the track officials will move it with a fork lift. This is to give everyone the opportunity to have a bay.

I'd suggest getting a bay down at Minami. That's where the real fun is, at night. North Course, and school course, also get packed, but school course is within walking distance, so you can just walk up and watch, or its a quick drive to turn some laps.

North Course is SO buggy, even last fall, so I can imagine it's going to be worse in the Spring. The bee's are massive, lol.
Yeah I'm getting a rental so I should be good on that. Hmm, wonder if I should bring this spare set of bnib spl arms sitting in my garage. I do have plenty of coveralls courtesy of my job.

Damn so much info lol, we'll have to meet up before matsuri kicks off so you can tow me around the track and give me a breakdown if you don't mind.

http://milktea-man.com
KevinEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:19 PM   #34
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinEdgar View Post
Yeah I'm getting a rental so I should be good on that. Hmm, wonder if I should bring this spare set of bnib spl arms sitting in my garage. I do have plenty of coveralls courtesy of my job.

Damn so much info lol, we'll have to meet up before matsuri kicks off so you can tow me around the track and give me a breakdown if you don't mind.
Bring them, for sure.

And, of course! We'll do the 2-lap per track tour.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:34 AM   #35
Sergiogtt

Trader Rating: (0)
Sergiogtt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Okay, well after years of wanting to make this dream trip happen. I have finally made the first step towards it. I purchased this 1993 silvia via powervehicles and will be flying out for a couple week during spring matsuri, if you're planning on being there please say hello.

Im in Tokyo japan hit me up if you wanna meet up
Sergiogtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:01 AM   #36
dino6192
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
dino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Just be sure to price everything BEFORE you go! lol I've been seeing quite a few people get off a plane in Japan and think they will be out drifting all weekend in the baddest Japanese drift cars for a few hundred dollars. More like $3000-5000 per day/event for the rentals. Just a heads up.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:20 AM   #37
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino6192 View Post
Just be sure to price everything BEFORE you go! lol I've been seeing quite a few people get off a plane in Japan and think they will be out drifting all weekend in the baddest Japanese drift cars for a few hundred dollars. More like $3000-5000 per day/event for the rentals. Just a heads up.
Don't scare him with prices like that..

He's heading to Ebisu, where it's far cheaper. $3-5,000 will get you a nice practice car. $90/day will get you a 5-course pass for the day. $100 will get you a tank of race gas - which will last 2 days of all day thrashing. $10-50 will get you food for the day. $73/night for a BnB. $70/day for a hire car.

I'd definitely bring a good amount of spending cash, but you can do this trip on a very good budget. I did, in November, and will do it again in April.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:17 AM   #38
Mintyboy
Leaky Injector

Mintyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
There is a small chance I may be going to Japan soon. If everything aligns, then I will be there before Drift Matsuri. I'd love to tag along with any of you guys. I can contribute by taking pics lolol.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:39 AM   #39
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintyboy View Post
There is a small chance I may be going to Japan soon. If everything aligns, then I will be there before Drift Matsuri. I'd love to tag along with any of you guys. I can contribute by taking pics lolol.
Let's meet up!
Old 03-15-2017, 11:40 AM   #40
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Quote:
Don't scare him with prices like that..

He's heading to Ebisu, where it's far cheaper. $3-5,000 will get you a nice practice car. $90/day will get you a 5-course pass for the day. $100 will get you a tank of race gas - which will last 2 days of all day thrashing. $10-50 will get you food for the day. $73/night for a BnB. $70/day for a hire car.

I'd definitely bring a good amount of spending cash, but you can do this trip on a very good budget. I did, in November, and will do it again in April.
Thanks for the appropriate pricing lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintyboy View Post
Seems like we might have to organize a zilvia meet&greet

Old 03-15-2017, 12:43 PM   #41
Mintyboy
Leaky Injector

Mintyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Let's meet up!

Quote:
Thanks for the appropriate pricing lol.

Seems like we might have to organize a zilvia meet&greet
I'd totally be down for that! Will keep you guys in the loop if I end up going!
Old 03-15-2017, 12:48 PM   #42
Maxstyle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
Maxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I have my Skyline R33 GTST there for sale. Great car. If any of you guys are interested in purchasing it. Storage is covered at Ebisu until spring Matsuri @ Powervehicles.
Maxstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:04 PM   #43
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Welp, booked my rental car last night, I will be landing Narita may 1st in the evening.. Super excited.

Old 04-24-2017, 05:07 PM   #44
Maxstyle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
Maxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Welp, booked my rental car last night, I will be landing Narita may 1st in the evening.. Super excited.
Be sure to have your international License. $10 from AAA. They will not hand over the car without it. We saw it happen to a few guys last Maturi. Also, with that license you can rent a go kart and drive through Tokyo as a Mario Kart character.
Maxstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:42 PM   #45
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstyle View Post
Be sure to have your international License. $10 from AAA. They will not hand over the car without it. We saw it happen to a few guys last Maturi. Also, with that license you can rent a go kart and drive through Tokyo as a Mario Kart character.
I got my IDL from AAA last week for $40 since I'm not a member. But yeah I wanna do that go kart thing lol.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:05 PM   #46
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

WE DID IT, impromptu zilvia sushi meet! Should have got a pic of our cars together.

Old 05-05-2017, 09:07 PM   #47
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

It was epic! Zilviameet at the sushi train :lol:
Old 10-07-2017, 01:42 PM   #48
dino6192
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
dino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
Japanese government issues an "Y" plate for all the foreigners. and most dealerships are not really familiar with that. Plus I am not quite sure if a tourist can register the vehicle on their name.
No Sir. Would be nice though huh. Y plate gets a nice tax deduction during registration. And just to think having a tourists running around the VRO trying to figure out what to do with all the stamps and multiple stations to get paperwork checked
Old 01-25-2018, 06:25 AM   #49
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Almost time to redeem myself this spring, I still have yet to make a youtube video haha. Staying in japan for 28 days this time instead of only a couple weeks.

I hit the wall on north course and shattered the rear knuckle and bent front cusco tension rod, lost the video tho.

Old 01-25-2018, 06:53 AM   #50
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
I'll be over there in September of this year! EXCITE!
Old 01-25-2018, 07:37 PM   #51
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
I'll be over there in September of this year! EXCITE!
We are heading over in March for two weeks. Got the R32 booked for a day at Fun2Drive. Cant Wait.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:55 PM   #52
Auto Portal
Leaky Injector

Auto Portal will become famous soon enoughAuto Portal will become famous soon enoughAuto Portal will become famous soon enoughAuto Portal will become famous soon enoughAuto Portal will become famous soon enough
Help

Hello All,

If you want any help on tours etc and no hassle to get to place that is hard, feel free to connect with us.

Regards,

Auto Portal.

www.apra-jp.com
www.autoportal.co.jp/

Add our sales team by LINE app:
+81 080-1493-5008
Auto Portal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:16 AM   #53
SilverStiyle

SilverStiyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome thread!
Old 04-11-2018, 11:26 PM   #54
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Here's a video of my driving I finally slapped together.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U53uC3qCyKU

This coming matsuri footage will be posted in the 2018 thread.

Old 04-22-2018, 12:10 AM   #55
PRADOgy
Zilvia FREAK!

PRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfection
Quote:
Here's a video of my driving I finally slapped together.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U53uC3qCyKU

This coming matsuri footage will be posted in the 2018 thread.

I really enjoyed watching the runs, awesome job!
Old 04-22-2018, 06:09 PM   #56
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADOgy View Post
I really enjoyed watching the runs, awesome job!
Glad you enjoyed, I will be uploading a meihan video soon. So please subscribe so you can see when I post it. And a new matsuri vid hopefully in a timely manner this time hah.

Thanks!