Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-17-2014, 01:24 AM   #1
porschekilla
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
porschekilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
what is your most painful purchase

so u guys are going to have fun with this can only imagine the crap im about to get. I need to vent so this is the place. So have y'all ever made a ridiculous, stupid, regretful, pointless, waste of hard earn dollars purchase. I have this my story. Im in the process of building a sil80 and i want to do it right. I have the full interior with seat, seatbelts and even the headliner that was hard as hell to find. Now on to the exterior. I purchased 180 sx quarter glass and that is where my nightmare begins. MY first set got for a descent price $200. they where cutouts in great condition. take to local window guy he breaks passenger side one. Are u Fing kidding me. few weeks later track down passenger window get it shipped to my house another $150. open the box outside molding is fucked no way i can install it. No luck finding another single window so i have to buy another set $275. so im into this crap $625 and there not even installed yet and for what. so i dont get called some jdm fanboy wannabe if i just put a $10 sticker over the 240. Sorry for the long post. dumbest part original sil80 quarter glass didnt even say 180. FML not my car just love this pic
porschekilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2014, 01:37 AM   #2
Fuego
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have a most painful sell..

I had damn near everything I needed for the 2871 to go on, then I sold it based on a large amount of money I was going to get and was going with a different motor. Then the money went away the week after I sold the last of the SR parts. Now I get to start from scratch again.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:29 AM   #3
azs13

Trader Rating: (1)
azs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Welcome to building cars. Its always one thing after another. My most painful purchase was my entire suspension set up. Nothing like doing shit twice.
azs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:32 AM   #4
supradeluxe
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
supradeluxe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
suspension for me as well, painful costly but will be worth it once I install it! lol
supradeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:10 AM   #5
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
My most painful purchase...just cuz I have other shit I should really be spending my money on car wise.

This is what happens when you're deployed and have nothing else to do but surf the damn Marketplace. I already went impulse bought a $1600 RB25 turbo kit, that I'm gonna have to sell when I get back since its too big for what I need.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:12 AM   #6
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I was going to do my Z32 swap, so I bought 2 front brakes from this one guy told me they were 30mm. I trusted him and gave him the $100 he wanted for them. Fast forward 4-5 months later and I come to find out they were both different sizes! So I had to spend another $170 and got me 2 pairs that were the same size. Reason why I did not buy just one 30mm or 26mm is because no one sells Z32 calipers individually so I was forced to buy another pair.

It all turned out good in the end though.
acslater9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:28 AM   #7
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
$700 on 3 sensors and wiring for my AIM Cluster. FML.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:32 AM   #8
IROYLE1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
IROYLE1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Buying anything twice or anything OEM. If i cant gain performance from it, i hate buying it. If i have already upgraded it and it breaks... that is the worst.
IROYLE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:33 AM   #9
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by acslater9 View Post
I was going to do my Z32 swap, so I bought 2 front brakes from this one guy told me they were 30mm. I trusted him and gave him the $100 he wanted for them. Fast forward 4-5 months later and I come to find out they were both different sizes! So I had to spend another $170 and got me 2 pairs that were the same size. Reason why I did not buy just one 30mm or 26mm is because no one sells Z32 calipers individually so I was forced to buy another pair.

It all turned out good in the end though.
Awww you should have messaged me. I have a mismatched pair I could have sold you cheap haha.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:39 AM   #10
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
ryandriftingfat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Taking my aero/wheel/paint money to buy a new motor.
ryandriftingfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:40 AM   #11
porschekilla
Zilvia Junkie

About to go pick up new pair in a couple hours have bought them yet. What do u got?
Old 04-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #12
porschekilla
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post
Awww you should have messaged me. I have a mismatched pair I could have sold you cheap haha.
Hey buddy do u have 180sx quarter glass? Need passenger side
Old 04-17-2014, 11:49 AM   #13
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschekilla View Post
Hey buddy do u have 180sx quarter glass? Need passenger side
I was talking about Z32 brakes. No windows sorry.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:56 AM   #14
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty

[img]

These wheels / This experience.

Bought the wheels online from a "JDM used parts Vendor, Waited about 3 months for the wheels to show up, Me and my fiance were on the fence about redoing the wheels or leaving them the way they were. She decided she wanted them redone and painted pink. So the search for the correct pink began, We had about 10 different test panels shot, and looked through dozens of color books, finally a color was decided just to find the color/materials were $900. Bit the bullet and went with it. We paid to have the rash fixed and the lips re-polished, When the person refinishing the wheels went to take the chrome off it became to be a huge hassle and had to pay something like $175 for the chrome to be stripped. Once that was done the re-finisher sent the wheels to be painted since he knew how pricey the paint was and wanted it to be done right. The refinishing process took about 3 months and about $1600 all together, not including the price of the wheels. But they look pretty bad ass.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:00 PM   #15
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Fd rx7. $500 "tinted" tail light ticket for my stock tail lights, numerous reliability mods and engine problems.

Sold that shit and I have to say I love my turbo truck motor more than ever.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #16
Munki
Zilvia Member

Munki is an unknown quantity at this point
I regret putting cheap vinyl wrap on my car... Pics are in my sig.

I had a friend wrap my car flat black since I just can't stand yellow/orange cars and that just happens to be the color I have on my car... Since I have so many damn cars this one ended up sitting outside in the sun most of the time. A year later I decide to pull the vinyl off and the adhesive ended up melting and pretty much ruining my clear. Ended up paying 400 bucks to have someone pull the rest of the vinyl off and try to clean up my paint. Didn't come out too well so a month later I ended up having to pay another person 1000 bucks just to wetsand and bring the clear back to normal.

800 for the wrap
400 for 1st detail
1000 for 2nd detail
Total = $2200 bucks wasted just to have my car flat black for about a year. I guess it Could've been worse...

Here is what the car looks like now. \/

Fiber Concepts
Carbon Fiber and Plastic Fabrication.
(657)-204-6237
Munki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:53 PM   #17
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
^Fk man, sounds like you got it pretty hard..
PeaceOnesxWai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:02 PM   #18
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
toss up between my ganadors and my lxzs...

I pretty much spent close to a months salary after my bills, as soon as I had them in my possession. I didn't even want them anymore and sat on them for like 3-5 months.

Second would be my ganadors. I just lost my job, not even unemployment checks rolling in, last 500 dollars to my name, spent 300 bucks to get them in my hands. after spending the rest on gas and to keep my cellphone on.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #19
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
toss up between my ganadors and my lxzs...

I pretty much spent close to a months salary after my bills, as soon as I had them in my possession. I didn't even want them anymore and sat on them for like 3-5 months.

Second would be my ganadors. I just lost my job, not even unemployment checks rolling in, last 500 dollars to my name, spent 300 bucks to get them in my hands. after spending the rest on gas and to keep my cellphone on.
Damn.... The struggle is real.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:11 PM   #20
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
#noregrets
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:13 PM   #21
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
delado is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I always yolo the shit out of all my purchases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
That's because everyone with a zenki feels sorry for themselves and they find commonality in the fact that there's no hope for making them look remotely good.
delado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:22 PM   #22
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
^me too..but then I'm like "oh-no"
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:25 PM   #23
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Every single part i ever bought for my 240 is painful ...

shit never ends..its an addiction
Old 04-17-2014, 04:27 PM   #24
porschekilla
Zilvia Junkie

I know... I was super bitter but that's part of the game. Got to pay to play.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:56 PM   #25
EJ8 944
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
EJ8 944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Buying an RB26 for an S14, then not buying the S14 for 2 more years, then when I finally get the car, spending $900 to fix all the crap on the POS KA24DE, only to have the cylinder head crack a week later.

Fast foward $4200 later, and the car is SR swapped now, while the RB26 is still just sitting around.

Really wish the crap didn't go down while I was living out of state, the money I spent for the SR swap could have finished the RB.
EJ8 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:25 PM   #26
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
I'd have to say my whole car.

I jumped on the first skyline I saw, which wasn't in the greatest condition but came with nice wheels and other cool parts. Drove it for 9 months and the motor popped. The car went into storage for a couple years and I collected some cool "period correct" parts as I found them.

as the car was in storage, I switched jobs, bought a house and continued on with life.

I hope to have it all back together this year but since I was driving it many insurance companies have dropped RHD policies. I suppose I will cross that bridge when I get there, but its always something that is "looming"
Old 04-17-2014, 05:37 PM   #27
treken2t87
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
treken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I bought a brand new NRG quick release and short hub for my FD rx7 that I ended up trading shortly after. Never got around to installing it, and every time I try to post it for sale, I just get low balled. It will just sit on my parts shelf as a memoir that I used to own an FD I suppose
Old 04-17-2014, 10:03 PM   #28
nujabe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
nujabe can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
1 month ago I purchased Pbm front lower control arms.. As if 653 dollars wasn't enough I fucked my alignment up.. I then decided I needed to replace the tires me being a dumb ass decided I would do a janky half asses alignment with my brand new front tires.. Well after 5 days I blew up one tire due to bad toe in and out and eye balling is fucking stupid.. I did that lol. So after the one tire blew up I replaced with it another brand new one after another two weeks I go and look at the other tire at this point my brand new tire has severe wear to the point the wires are showing.. So I bought another brand new tire.. So I. All I spent over 400 dollars with in a month on new tires a for the front of my car.. So pointless
Old 04-17-2014, 11:15 PM   #29
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I just payed 2,000 for some custom wheels and ordered a BN Sports aero kit and overfenders. Also have a full z33 trans swap for my sr just sitting in my shed. And I thought I was building a drift car... I haven't gone to a drift even in 3 years.

I should be drifting instead of trying to make my car look cool -_- damn you zilvia.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:34 AM   #30
240sxfan6882
Zilvia Junkie

240sxfan6882 is an unknown quantity at this point
My most painful purchase has been my S14.
I bought it back in 2002-2003 and began learning about modifying it and whatnot.
First it started off with small things like swapping the intake to a CAI, then the "headers", then the exhaust, then came adding a good sound system.
Eventually came the word "turbo" and I began to look into an SR, but I loved the KA so I built it up and started pumping money into the engine, several turbo setups, suspension, new paint/wheels and having custom fabbing done on it that's NOT cheap.

I don't even want to think about how much i've spent since I've had it... but if I could do it again... I probably would of just kept it bone stock, saved the $$$ and get something modern and fast lol.
240sxfan6882 is offline   Reply With Quote