Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 12-23-2017, 09:29 PM   #1
BeloRB20

Trader Rating: (0)
BeloRB20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ka24e issues

I have a single cam s13.

I was driving last night and my car started cuttin out then it dies i clutch kicked it and it came back on then died and wouldnt start, thought it was my fuel pump and replaced it didnt fix the issue, I can also hear the pump priming. replaced spark plugs, not getting spark, also replaced the ignition coil still not getting spark every 15-25 times i try to crank it it will fire up but idle really rouch and if i throttle it dies. its almost like it gets spark and then doesnt.

any ideas on what it could be? Thanks!
BeloRB20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2018, 05:36 PM   #2
firejackal
Leaky Injector

firejackal will become famous soon enoughfirejackal will become famous soon enoughfirejackal will become famous soon enoughfirejackal will become famous soon enoughfirejackal will become famous soon enough
Does the single cam use a MAF? It might be that or wires.
firejackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:46 PM   #3
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
I don't know anything about that engine, but start by taking the distributor cap off and checking to make sure all the contacts are there, approximately the shape/location they should be, and that the cap has no tiny cracks in the plastic and fits tightly in the correct keyed orientation. Remove the rotor and inspect the fastener/clip/key that orients it for damage (having spun).

If all is well and it still won't start, you can check the coil by putting a plug directly on it's wire and holding it against the block as someone cranks it. If it sparks, check everything you think, if it doesn't, suspect and test coil, ignition module, crank angle sensor, whatever it has, as per the FSM.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote