Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-08-2005, 08:51 PM   #1
aznraper
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
aznraper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
5 spd swap question!! im stuck!! please help

hey guys,
I need help on my swap. heres the question: There's something called a spacer plate (right under the flywheel that the bolts go through) and I was wondering if I need it for my 5 speed swap. Some people say I don't need it and all I have to do is put my pilot bushing then my backing plate, flywheel, clutch, pressure plate and im all set to go while others say i need it. our spacer plate it a small circle plate (3 inches in diameter) with a circle cut inside of it and around it are 6 small holes for the bolts to go through. it seems the auto and 5 speed one is different. Thanks guys! car is a 240sx 95 base model.

Steve
aznraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2005, 07:24 AM   #2
nlzmo400r
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
nlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nlzmo400r
(taking a shot in the dark), if some people say you need it, and some don't,just use the damn thing. Its not gonna hurt to have it in the car,or the manufacturer wouldn't have put it in there. Just make sure it lines up correctly and you use the one from the 5spd, you should be ok. good luck with the swap.

[email protected] - gt32 .6bar
nlzmo400r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 07:35 AM   #3
tak-
Zilvia Member

tak- is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to tak-
i think that plate comes off the auto tranny, small circle w ith 6 holes in it.... i dont think you need it for m/t swap, but someone might want to verify
tak- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 08:01 AM   #4
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
spacer plate=mounting plate
and it's good to have 'cuz it keeps stuff away from your bellhousing insides
NemeGuero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 12:03 PM   #5
Adikt
Zilvia Member

Adikt has a spectacular aura aboutAdikt has a spectacular aura aboutAdikt has a spectacular aura aboutAdikt has a spectacular aura aboutAdikt has a spectacular aura aboutAdikt has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Adikt
yea if you dont have it lots of rocks and stuff might get into ur belhousing
Adikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 05:52 PM   #6
Salty_X
Zilvia FREAK!

Salty_X is an unknown quantity at this point
Nissan doesn't stock that part anymore, so you'll have to go for a used one...
Edit: I was thinking of a different trans part, but they probably don't stock the one you're asking about either.

Last edited by Salty_X; 04-09-2005 at 10:08 PM..
Salty_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 06:10 PM   #7
crioten
"buddy jesus"

crioten is making a name for him/her selfcrioten is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to crioten
if im talking about the same part, then i didnt use it when i did mine and i didnt have any problems...

but it could be a totally different part lol
I'd rather take the bus with a bus-full of AIDS infected naked rape convicts than drive a VW.
crioten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 08:42 PM   #8
tak-
Zilvia Member

tak- is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to tak-
no, it isnt the backing plate. He mentioned that he was going to install the backing plate. What he is refering to is a little plate, about 1/4 inch thick that is circular, about 2.5" wide with a smaller circle in the cernter (for input shaft) and around this "ring" there are 6 smaller holes wich the flywheel bolts go through, it sits between the flywheel and the crank. Anyways, i dont think you need it. If i remember correctly, the one on the floor in my garage came off my auto flywheel, and not my manual
tak- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 09:06 PM   #9
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
EchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EchoOfSilence
Quote:
Originally Posted by tak-
no, it isnt the backing plate. He mentioned that he was going to install the backing plate. What he is refering to is a little plate, about 1/4 inch thick that is circular, about 2.5" wide with a smaller circle in the cernter (for input shaft) and around this "ring" there are 6 smaller holes wich the flywheel bolts go through, it sits between the flywheel and the crank. Anyways, i dont think you need it. If i remember correctly, the one on the floor in my garage came off my auto flywheel, and not my manual
in that case, you don't need it at all. toss it
Old 04-09-2005, 09:35 PM   #10
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
word up Echo..
you don't need that thing.. I remember now
NemeGuero is offline   Reply With Quote