Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-03-2005, 10:31 AM   #1
VwAndNissan

Trader Rating: (0)
VwAndNissan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA K24 Not Starting

Okay having some problems. Changed the plugs wires, and battery. Car doesn't start. It tries, but it shakes and doesn't start. Almost turns but nothing. Also my radiator has a crack in it. Would this cause a vacum problem making it not able to start? My friend was saying it kinda sounded like my fuel filter was clogged. Does anybody have any insite about this problem/?? Thanks
VwAndNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2005, 04:02 PM   #2
ThE_BoMB
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
ThE_BoMB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to ThE_BoMB
change the fuel filter. Could be the fuel pump. Make sure that its priming correctly. If you cant smell gas then theres most likely a problem. Then theres the starter. You can take that in to get tested as well. Ignition coils. Theres alot of stuff to check.

I dont have any mods i swear!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/the_bomb
ThE_BoMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 06:05 PM   #3
ledzeppelin240
Zilvia Addict

ledzeppelin240 is a well-known jackass
Sounds like you guys are just pulling shit out of the air. Take your car to a mechanic.
Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.

Looking for: JDM S13 OEM Sideskirts
ledzeppelin240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 03:16 AM   #4
idlafie
Zilvia Addict

idlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by VwAndNissan
Okay having some problems. Changed the plugs wires, and battery. Car doesn't start. It tries, but it shakes and doesn't start. Almost turns but nothing. Also my radiator has a crack in it. Would this cause a vacum problem making it not able to start? My friend was saying it kinda sounded like my fuel filter was clogged. Does anybody have any insite about this problem/?? Thanks
Before we can offer any insight into your problem, you're gonna have to provide more information. What year is your car?? I didn't see it listed in your original post. FYI...there are two versions of the KA 24 motor...the KA24E & the KA24DE. When did your problems start? Before you changed the plugs wires and battery or AFTER you changed plugs wires & battery? When did your radiator crack? Before you swapped the plugs, wires & battery or after? Did you run the engine with the cracked radiator? A cracked radiator will not cause a vacuum problem - but a cracked radiator can destroy your motor.
You'll need to explain a bit more before we can even figure out what may be the cause of your starting problems.
ID
Old 04-04-2005, 06:16 AM   #5
squalsme
Leaky Injector

squalsme is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a 1993 240 with a KA. im going through the same problem, but i have dont have a crack in my radiator. besides that, check if you are getting spark, check if your fuel pump works...easiest way is just to listen to it when your key is in the start position.

you can also know if it is something electrical because if it is, theres a high possibility that your ecu would be shorted out, therefore you wont have a check engine light.

this is everything i checked:
1. starter
2. ignition coil
3. relays
4. grounds
5. fuses
6. distributor along with the cap and rotor
7. fuel pump
8. spark plug
9. spark wires
10. battery
11. gas (trust me, some people forget)
12. check the wire harness in the left front fender..make sure theres no damage.
13. evreything else you can think of.

these are just the basic things.... if you are totally not sure or have no time, take it to a mechanic. if you know what youre doing and have a shit load of time...then start with what costs the less first and pray.

it turns out that my car has a shorted relay, and my wire harness in the left fender (that hold ignition wires and shit) was also fuckin up my ecu. finding a good ecu is a bitch...

hope this helps a little.
squalsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 08:23 AM   #6
VwAndNissan

It's a 1993 240sx with a ka24de, it will start now, it just takes a few good tries, while holding down the accelerator. That is if i put pressure on the cracked radiator. Once it starts and idles, it's fine until it heats up. Then once warm and the radiator starts steaming a little the idle pulsates up and down. Any clue, guy at advanced auto said it could be due to the drop in pressure in my collant system. This was happening even before i touched the car. So i did the basics, plugs and wires, battery and a fuel filter. Gonna change the oil probably tuesday. But Need any more info before you start giving me some info?? Thanks
Old 04-04-2005, 01:10 PM   #7
ThE_BoMB
Leaky Injector

change the rad change the thermo change the water.

if you have a leak in the rad dont bother with oil fix the rad first. If theres still a bad idle then maf and 02 sensor could be your culprit.

Old 04-05-2005, 11:53 PM   #8
VwAndNissan

This morning i started it up and it started on the first try, cept i had to keep it cranking for about 30 seconds, and today was kinda hot. Any clue why htis would be? O also beside the radiator being cracked, it appears my waterpump is leaking. Would this be a problem why the car is having a hard time starting?? All info is greatly appreciated. Thanksf
Old 04-07-2005, 06:15 PM   #9
ThE_BoMB
Leaky Injector

change all of the stuff to do with the coolant system. Thats why its running warm the water pump isnt doing its job. Buy a oem one because i have heard of all the autoparts place leaking.

The only time i have had a problem with cranking was that my fuel pump was going.... also could be a wire loose on the ignition. Check to see if the fuel pump is priming correctly and that all the wires going into the ignition are good. Then check the starter. You can even take out the starter and take it to a autoparts store to make sure it functions correctly.