Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-28-2015, 09:21 PM   #15661
jookybanana
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
There's an OEM lip on YAJ virtually every time I look these days, you just have to pay to get it here. It probably wouldn't cost a ton more than what people sell them for stateside though.

Glad to see some activity and discussion in this thread. I have been reading the old ones and miss all of the banter, pics, and activity. I guess it is just the nature of forums slowly going away in favor of Facebook.

^
koguchi hood FTW!!
i want one so bad!

jookybanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2015, 11:16 PM   #15662
Moyyya
Leaky Injector

Moyyya is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jookybanana View Post
^
koguchi hood FTW!!
i want one so bad!

^^^Nice color!! I need one in my life too.plus mirrors
Moyyya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 04:57 AM   #15663
maqshood

Trader Rating: (0)
maqshood is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So went drifting for the first time this weekend and had an absolute blast! The car was faultless all day as well, 3hrs drive up drifted all day and 3hrs back! Stock reliability FTW lol

maqshood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:38 AM   #15664
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13nerd View Post
(super old pic of my car)

This car got me back into 240's.
Simple and beautiful

But does anyone know what lip and skirts these are? I think the lip is the Xenon but not 100% sure.
haha, pretty funny. Like Johnny said that is my car from 2009 before I went kouki aero. It's crazy that it still pops up from time to time. But yes, Xenon lip and chuki side skirts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maqshood View Post
^ That's awesome man! Saw your update on Instagram as well. Car looks so good- love the simplicity. KP hood takes it over the top and the wheels always look great. I would love to have a set of 17/18 silver Model V someday.

Quote:
^
koguchi hood FTW!!
i want one so bad!

Man, this car is outstanding. LOVE the color and the white TEs. KP hood would be crazy for sure.

Loving all the activity here! lol

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 10:52 AM   #15665
iStayBroke
Zilvia Addict

iStayBroke is an unknown quantity at this point

This makes me regret selling my hatch
Old 07-29-2015, 02:47 PM   #15666
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by maqshood View Post

What hood is that?
PeaceOnesxWai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 02:50 PM   #15667
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Origin type II
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:29 PM   #15668
nissantuner_s13

Trader Rating: (2)
nissantuner_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Shine city

nissantuner_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:34 PM   #15669
nissantuner_s13

keep forgetting. Motor also got some love as well.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:49 PM   #15670
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
From IA Kentucky.

JrDarknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 10:16 PM   #15671
nissantuner_s13

Quote:
Originally Posted by istaybroke View Post

this makes me regret selling my hatch
this. Speechless
Old 07-29-2015, 10:35 PM   #15672
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
^ninja edit; i feel the same about your bay

Quote:
Loving all the activity here! lol
this whole last page has been awesome.
reminds me why i bought a hatch in the first place.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:52 PM   #15673
typhoonslippery
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
typhoonslippery will become famous soon enoughtyphoonslippery will become famous soon enoughtyphoonslippery will become famous soon enoughtyphoonslippery will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
There's an OEM lip on YAJ virtually every time I look these days, you just have to pay to get it here. It probably wouldn't cost a ton more than what people sell them for stateside though.
This this this ^^^^^
Old 07-30-2015, 01:04 AM   #15674
Zero-Offset
Zilvia Junkie

Zero-Offset is an unknown quantity at this point
pics from FD seattle. me and the vibes had a blast 8)

Old 07-30-2015, 09:40 AM   #15675
maqshood

maqshood is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

^ That's awesome man! Saw your update on Instagram as well. Car looks so good- love the simplicity. KP hood takes it over the top and the wheels always look great. I would love to have a set of 17/18 silver Model V someday.
Thanks dude , Im very happy with how it looks but I think I'm at a stage where it needs a little bit more now, maybe ganadors if i can find a decent priced set and in the future a little bit of hotraod, not the full kit but a few parts off it. Im thinking rear, sides and for the front Group A vent with a Hotroad lip.

Something else iv been thinking about a small side project is getting a decent mould made up of the KP hood vents and getting it put into an oem style fibre glass hood. Two reasons for this;
1) I can have a hood like the older version, (without the flare at the back - O.G style)

2) I want to actually use a hood that has much better fitment than the KP hoods, a company local here does fibreglass hoods that have almost oem fitment.

Going to start doing some research into this and see how costly it is.
maqshood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 04:24 PM   #15676
jookybanana
Zilvia Junkie

jookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfection
the koguchi hoods have bad fitment? how bad is it? is it like d-max bad or not as, cause i have the d-max vented hood and its got gaps, surprisingly its worst than a VIS cf hood for fitment.
cause i want to get KP hood, but if it fits bad, that kinda sucks to shell out so much dough for a bad fitting hood
Old 07-30-2015, 04:49 PM   #15677
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
slapped the new wheels on today

Old 07-30-2015, 09:52 PM   #15678
livelovesole
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
livelovesole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
All these type-x & te37 combos are amazing. If anyone has a pair of 18x10.5 available let me know. In the mean time, I'll just drool over these pics
livelovesole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 10:45 PM   #15679
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
there are two more wheels than you're looking for, but user biggslava has 18x10.5s for sale.
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?p...94#post5917794
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 12:52 AM   #15680
Juusan
Leaky Injector

Juusan is an unknown quantity at this point

Juusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:15 AM   #15681
livelovesole
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
livelovesole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
there are two more wheels than you're looking for, but user biggslava has 18x10.5s for sale.
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?p...94#post5917794
Thanks a lot almighty.
livelovesole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 06:17 AM   #15682
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough
Old 07-31-2015, 12:20 PM   #15683
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
the koguchi hoods have bad fitment? how bad is it? is it like d-max bad or not as, cause i have the d-max vented hood and its got gaps, surprisingly its worst than a VIS cf hood for fitment.
cause i want to get KP hood, but if it fits bad, that kinda sucks to shell out so much dough for a bad fitting hood
They dont fit like oem, you got to make them fit. Modify the hinges and a little tlc. Mine fits good, not great. Damons seems to fit great maybe because its a newer hood?
I have MrFairladyZ's old hood from his black s13 so maybe its a thing they have improved over time.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 05:42 AM   #15684
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Old 08-01-2015, 07:14 PM   #15685
PW180SX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (32)
PW180SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Everyones cars are looking fantastic! I miss mine, but don't miss the problems it gave me lol
Old 08-03-2015, 09:27 AM   #15686
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
My DMAX hood I had back in 2012 fit better than my Koguchi Power hood I just got. I had to drill a completely new set of holes in the bottom of my hood latches (where they mount to the engine bay) to bring the front of it down far enough to eliminate most of the front bumper gap.

Neither hood was really "bad" I would say, but it definitely takes some work to get it to sit right.

DMAX:

Koguchi Power:

KP should finally be finished at the body shop today or tomorrow so I'll have to get a better pic, but they both fit about the same by the time you mess with them. I've heard DMAX have gotten worse but don't know for sure.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-03-2015, 10:53 AM   #15687
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Are they both flared at the top?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:57 AM   #15688
jookybanana
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Are they both flared at the top?
the dmax is not very flared at the top, but its definitely higher than a oem hood, its about 2" higher cause its got a vent there
Old 08-03-2015, 12:26 PM   #15689
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
the dmax is not very flared at the top, but its definitely higher than a oem hood, its about 2" higher cause its got a vent there
Yep, the DMAX has a larger "cowl" at the top of the hood as well. I think it blocks your view a bit more than the KP hood does. I wish I had the Hot Road or OG KP hood like I intended to get for the OG look, but the newer style KP hood is growing on me.

I have a pair of these Itai motorbike mirrors on the way right now. I am not sure how I feel about them though. I kind of want to trade them to someone for Ganadors, lol. Can't decide.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-03-2015, 12:45 PM   #15690
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Honestly, I personally have gotten over Ganadors and vented hoods.

Not knocking anyone's 180 with these parts because I still love them, but not on a street car.

My M-sport hood is sitting around collecting dust.

Mirrors, keeping them OEM for the time being. East Bear mirrors flow better IMO on a street car.

Found this online.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote