Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-29-2015, 02:35 PM   #1
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Help me identify these cams!

So I recently purchased these thinking they were BC 264's. I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but just want to confirm that these are really clean stock cams:

The cams:

The only markings. BC said their part number would be etched here, and on every other BC cam I've seen this flange is black, not polished:
Old 08-04-2015, 06:26 AM   #2
AnSmith

Trader Rating: (0)
AnSmith is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sorry friend how can we tell about the cam shaft without knowing in which engine it was implemented.

Old 08-04-2015, 06:55 AM   #3
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Did you measure the lobe (height, duration, etc)?? That is the only definitive way to tell the specs of the cam (which in turn gives you a much better idea of which cams they are) regardless of what numbers/markings are on them. With how many people have opinions and such, that will be your best bet (although you are probably banking on the fact someone else has seen/experienced these cams before).

Goodluck!
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote