Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-23-2009, 01:29 AM   #1
dongoesby
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
dongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Sway Bar Hitting A/C Compressor

I've got the custom SR a/c bracket plate from codyace, thinking it would be a direct bolt on, but i think god just love to play games with me. My aftermarket sway bar is too big for fitting the compressor. (previous owner put it on, I think it is tanabe sustec)

I found out that this sway bar is so big that it was actually hitting the compressor when it was on the KA. But now, with the extra length added from the custom a/c plate, there is no way the compressor will fit at all.

I'm willing to sacrafice a little performance for daily drive with A/C. I have stance coilover, is that safe to run without front sway bar? Will an adjustable endlink solve the problem? Or stock sway bar?
dongoesby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2009, 01:50 AM   #2
oni jake
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
oni jake is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
hmmmm no. Just get a better A/C bracket.
oni jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:27 AM   #3
Ceepo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Ceepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
i wonder if you could flip the brackets over so its pushes the brack up instead of down but iirc that wouldnt work... i just installed mine and it works awesome with factory sway bar but it does cut it close...
Ceepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:14 PM   #4
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by oni jake View Post
hmmmm no. Just get a better A/C bracket.
Being that you can't read, I bolded the aspect in question

I found out that this sway bar is so big that it was actually hitting the compressor when it was on the KA. But now, with the extra length added from the custom a/c plate, there is no way the compressor will fit at all.

I guess Awesometown USA doesn't require reading skills.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy

Last edited by codyace; 11-23-2009 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: Awesometown can't read.
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:16 PM   #5
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceepo View Post
i wonder if you could flip the brackets over so its pushes the brack up instead of down but iirc that wouldnt work... i just installed mine and it works awesome with factory sway bar but it does cut it close...
It is close, but it clears both Sustec and Whiteline on S14
and
Cusco and Whiteline on S13

(both my test bitch cars haha)

How much does it touch? I'm interested in seeing pictures so I can help fix your issue! No reason to leave ya hanging, lets make it work my man! Hit me up on gmail.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 11-23-2009, 07:39 PM   #6
oni jake
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Being that you can't read, I bolded the aspect in question

I guess Awesometown USA doesn't require reading skills.
Being that you obviously have no skills in reading interpretation, I'll rewrite this for you : Since rolling around without a sway bar is obviously a retarded idea, I suggested to get a better A/C bracket that is molded to hold the compressor in a higher position. Or if not, at least go back to a stock sway bar.

I guess in the land of stupid you can completely disregard plainly stated suggestions.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:48 PM   #7
codyace
Post Whore!

Young buck, you're full of fucko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oni jake View Post
Being that you obviously have no skills in reading interpretation, I'll rewrite this for you : Since rolling around without a sway bar is obviously a retarded idea
Retarded? I guess my track buddies are just plain lost in the sauce then huh? I mean man, such a bad idea. I guess my drag race buddies are equally retarded as well?

Wanna keep going? I've got all night to prove you wrong. Anyone here with half a brain realizes I'm not some mashed potato brained bozo with a 240.

Quote:
I suggested to get a better A/C bracket that is molded to hold the compressor in a higher position. Or if not, at least go back to a stock sway bar.
He said that it hit WITH THE STOCK MOTOR with the STOCK AC SETUP. I guess Nissan should hire better engineers right? I mean, what do they know, Oni Jake is the MechE mastermind.

Quote:
I guess in the land of stupid you can completely disregard plainly stated suggestions.
The only stupid person here, is the guy from Awesometown, who forgot to read the part where it hit the stock stuff, with the stock motor.

I don't mind suggestions - I'm not disagreeing with how to fix the issue. The problem is, it hits the stock stuff...

Don't skip class next time. You can get the last word in if you want, it's cool. I don't need to.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:00 PM   #8
oni jake
Zilvia Junkie

Do you even know what you are bitching at or you just ranting off because it's your product? Let me break it down for you, you even proved my logic of "Just get a better A/C bracket." when you wrote this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
How much does it touch? I'm interested in seeing pictures so I can help fix your issue! No reason to leave ya hanging, lets make it work my man! Hit me up on gmail.
Hmmm... so you want to help fabricate something better for the A/C compressor? Basically the same thing I just said. I disregarded that the sway bar could be at fault because I have no reason to not acknowledge the fact that someone could just look at the sway bar and see if it's damaged or bent.

Get off my nuts, and yes, your friends are fucking stupid for running any track without front sway bars.

Edit: nvm, you are absolutely correct. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with the design of your custom A/C bracket.

Last edited by oni jake; 11-23-2009 at 08:22 PM..
Old 11-23-2009, 08:37 PM   #9
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (29)
Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jonnie Fraz
Don, I would like to see pics as well. Since I am local I am sure we can find a way for you to run your bar and have your AC.

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:23 PM   #10
dongoesby
Zilvia Addict

dongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie Fraz View Post
Don, I would like to see pics as well. Since I am local I am sure we can find a way for you to run your bar and have your AC.
Thanks Jon for chimping in! yes, I'm probably going to take some pictures over this weekend. I remembered that the size was so cramped it was not even close to fit.

And thanks Codyace, I thought you are no longer active lol. Will post pictures this weekend.

Btw. I just skipped all the threads Oni Jake posts and went straight to reply you guys
Old 11-24-2009, 02:24 AM   #11
jbguillo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
jbguillo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
steps to success

1. remove your pussy
2. remove ac
3. install sway bar
4. get bitches

You live in ca, you dont need ac
Old 11-24-2009, 03:43 AM   #12
Forge_55b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Forge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
if you choose to keep the pussy installed, take off the sway bar since its not doing shit driving on the streets anyways
Forge_55b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:14 AM   #13
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
What Motor Mounts are you using?
Old 11-24-2009, 12:18 PM   #14
dongoesby
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
What Motor Mounts are you using?
Nismo

Quote:
steps to success

1. remove your pussy
2. remove ac
3. install sway bar
4. get bitches

You live in ca, you dont need ac
A/C is not for pussy. you don't have a/c is because you have no knowlege and didn't bother to install them.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:26 PM   #15
jbguillo
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongoesby View Post
A/C is not for pussy. you don't have a/c is because you have no knowlege and didn't bother to install them.
Then buy a daily car that drives nicely and has ac, rather than driving an SR 240 on the streets of CA. I picked up a Miata for 900$ running with AC to daily here.

It seems like a giant waste to try to make ac work on this car and buying an AC bracket that doesn't even fit your car.

The concept I'm trying to grasp is why go through trouble of putting an SR in a car to then mess with the suspension... all for making AC function. You put the SR in there for a reason, correct? I'm only assuming that reason wasn't for a nice daily driver; because if it is, you're not thinking correctly. You put in an SR to have a fun, powerful, and responsive car to either take to the track or take to an awesome road; I wouldn't think you would put an SR in there to just "daily drive." I hope you're getting my logic here; because by my reasoning, this entire thread is gay and useless.

You're car will drive fine on the streets with no sway bars; most older Hondas never even came with any. When it comes to skilled driving though, not having a front sway bar changes how the suspension reacts completely. But why even bother to have an SR if you only plan to daily the car? Not to mention an SR 240 in CA is just asking for trouble if you're driving it on the streets.

I built a 400whp Ford V8 RX-7 from the ground up in 2 weeks with no plans to ever strap a shitty AC compressor on the side, because that idea itself just hurts my mind. But, according to you, I "have no knowledge."

Last edited by jbguillo; 11-24-2009 at 01:48 PM..
jbguillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #16
dongoesby
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbguillo View Post
...You put in an SR to have a fun, powerful, and responsive car to either take to the track or take to an awesome road....
True and true, but SR is designed with a/c agree? It is not that hard to make the a/c work on a usdm chasis. There are many articles and how-to's if anyone searches them, so I don't believe making the a/c work on SR is useless.

There are different people with different perference on their cars, so there is no right or wrong. It is not when you build a car for track is the only thing that is right for modifying a car. I admit though that I swapped the SR is because I hate KA. Enough said.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:05 PM   #17
jbguillo
Leaky Injector

Quote:
There are many articles and how-to's if anyone searches them, so I don't believe making the a/c work on SR is useless.
Then why ask a question that you should already know the answer to?

Quote:
There are different people with different perference on their cars, so there is no right or wrong. It is not when you build a car for track only is the only thing that is right. I admit though that I swapped the SR is because I hate KA. Enough said.
It just seems like you're putting yourself through much more of a hassle than what the benefit is actually worth. I believe it would be much easier to get a cheap daily with AC, and use the 240 as a weekend car/fun car. If you're dead set on making AC work in this car, modify the bracket, not the suspension.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #18
NMs14.5kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (38)
NMs14.5kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
how does a stock one hit the sway bar? i have a stock sr ac bracket and mine doesnt come close to it. post pics of it! i wanna see. lol
NMs14.5kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:45 AM   #19
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
koguchi doesnt rock a front sway.... if u were a man you would take it off...

i still have mine.

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:25 PM   #20
twistex
Leaky Injector

twistex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to twistex
You could buy some sway bar spacers. Or shim your motor mounts to raise motor. The bracket could also be modified instead of suspension as well.

S13 Sway Bar Spacers
Old 02-10-2010, 07:54 PM   #21
dongoesby
Zilvia Addict

update: got the a/c compressor on!!

it took me a month to finally have time to swap the front swap bar back to stock.
and now the a/c compressor fits (although very very close to hit the stock sway bar).

i don't have a picture because i thought it is unnecessary. I have installed a new set of sway bar bushings as well. Now, it has 1/2 inch from hitting the a/c compressor pulley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistex View Post
You could buy some sway bar spacers. Or shim your motor mounts to raise motor. The bracket could also be modified instead of suspension as well.

S13 Sway Bar Spacers
thanks for the tip of spacer. however the way i look at it, it seems pointless. If you look at an adjustable endlink, it softens the sway bar by bolting the swap bar further out which basically makes the overall length of the sway bar longer. If using this spacer is like making the sway bar longer, thus making an aftermarket sway bar soft, in which making it functionless.