Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2008, 12:24 AM   #1
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Dealing with ethanol gas? how to do it?

************************I am talking about E-10 ethanol blend, not pure ethanol.**************

so i have a S1 RB25DET, and drive it somewhat daily around. it ran great, then my state mandated ethanol mix gas. ever since that happened, it started having weird issues. complete loss of power, shitty mileage, no torque, idling low, dieing when coming to an idle after higher RPMs.

so I set the FPR, and idle and timing to factory specs, but when it gets hot out the thing looses all power, thing is now that some stations switched back to ethanol free gas, i filled up with that, and all those problems went away.

So the RB25DET is bone stock with a walbro and a FMIC (even factory boost controller hooked up) is there anything i can do to compensate for the shitty ethanol mix gas that will be coming back in a few months?

and FYI the gas stations brought it back because right now the fuel companies are charging the same price for ethanol and ethanol free gas, so the whole idea that ethanol is cheaper is BS.

************************I am talking about E-10 ethanol blend, not pure ethanol.**************

Last edited by Tenchuu; 06-08-2008 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: clarifaction
Tenchuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links