Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: Would you purchase a quick ratio manual steering rack?
Hell yea. If its around $300 or less 115 63.54%
No. why bother? 10 5.52%
I want one even if its around $500 11 6.08%
I would rather have power steering. 45 24.86%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2008, 05:17 PM   #1
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Quick ratio manual steering racks. Who wants them?

Trying to gauge interest.

Would you zilvians be interested in quick ratio steering racks?

Benefits:
Fast correction
Reduced steering imput
deletion of entire power steering system 28 lbs savings.
no core charge
different travel rates (increased steering angle)
free up power (no ps belt)
one less thing to leak

Detriments:
hard to turn when stopped
would be twitchy for everyday driving (sens steering input)
cost?

So let me know if you guys would be interested.
Thanks.
Luke
Old 06-02-2008, 05:21 PM   #2
steve_o1989
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
steve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
There was a group buy a while back to get a batch of these made up. If I remember correctly though, those ones would need a spacer made up because the rack was not as big in diameter as the original. I don't know if the group buy even went through.

It would be cool if someone stocked a manual steering rack for the S chassis.
1992 Talon Tsi - Sold
steve_o1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:56 PM   #3
90hatchie
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (15)
90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 90hatchie
i never seen any over 300 bucks....
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/2030...Quickener.html
reccomended by the guys at ziptied

Last edited by 90hatchie; 06-02-2008 at 11:25 PM..
90hatchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:53 AM   #4
blu808
Post Whore!

blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Yea. We used one of these on the jasper supra.

Seemed to work well.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/7732...Quickener.html
Old 06-04-2008, 03:52 AM   #5
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

Trader Rating: (0)
downshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to downshift_sideways
Do you have a model / test car?

if you would let me drive it, I'll get one if I like the feeling.

(just DD drive is what I mean.)

allntrlundrgrnd: "you never really appreciate your parents fridge until you look into your own and its full of condiments only"

downshift_sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:38 AM   #6
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
I wish I could try one of these steering quickeners..

I just bought a refurbished/new hicas rack from frsport........ i already have a hicas rack but its 20 years old haha.. so time for a change... but damn... i paid alot

Never driven a car with steering quickener, although I'd like to get a feel for it....
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:56 AM   #7
JohnD1079
Leaky Injector

JohnD1079 is on a distinguished road
I would be interested. Doesnt the 300zx rack have quicker ratios?
JohnD1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #8
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ahmed View Post
I wish I could try one of these steering quickeners..

I just bought a refurbished/new hicas rack from frsport........ i already have a hicas rack but its 20 years old haha.. so time for a change... but damn... i paid alot

Never driven a car with steering quickener, although I'd like to get a feel for it....
Make sure they sold you a real hicas rack and not a refurbed stock one. A lot of shops sell refurbed stock ones as Hicas because they cannot tell the difference. I know for a fact that Hicas racks are rare and most rebuilders have them on their books but when you order one its a stock rack. Look at your Hicas rack there will be different casting numbers vs the non hicas rack. If the refurb has the same casting numbers its a hicas otherwise its not.

On topic, Luke this is interesting but I am not sure how many people are going to want to spend the cash for the setup your thinking of doing.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:23 AM   #9
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
i would be interested in manual steering, loved it on my corolla and only cost be 220 brand new with inner tie rods.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:32 PM   #10
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
Well it was from fr sport... they have a good reputation no? I mean there is a 200$ difference between the hicas and non hicas refurb/new sale on their site.. so wtf... that would be a big blow to their customer service/quality if they were doing that... I can't verify for a long time as I still have to take apart my car... I'm just on project pause right now, 240 sitting/sleeping...
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:42 AM   #11
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Dave's absolutely right, the HICAS racks are rare as f*ck.

I run no P/s, and don't mind the parking effort and what not... I've got pretty big forearms lol. If we could get a good rack (fits correctly, strong, etc) with a quicker ratio, I wouldn't mind payin a couple hundred for it. I know the racks themselves are not that expensive...

Then again, P/s is nice, and cheaper. Just a pain in the ass/etc to get a non-working system together and working.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:58 PM   #12
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Luke what's the deal with these? My steering rack is taking a dump, and I'm not sure I want it rebuilt if you're gonna come out with 'da new steering hotness'.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 07-27-2008, 02:52 AM   #13
blu808
Post Whore!

Working the numbers man. Looks like no one wants to eliminate a complete hydro system from their car.

i would jump at the chance for the weight savings, heat savings, engine bay space savings, and possibility of breakage.

The more shit you have the more shit there is to break.

I will let ya know.

Might just have to use a quick steer gearbox.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:03 AM   #14
slothonaleash
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
slothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I am DONE messing around with trying to get ps to work....

I would LOVE to see a completely manual rack go into production for cheap, cause pushing all that fluid around is not always easy for someone of my muscular abilities.

I'm also poor.
slothonaleash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:23 PM   #15
tracks13
BANNED

tracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond repute
I'd be interested in this as well. IF anything happens.

Also someone said hicas racks are rare but frsport sells rebuilt ones even though it is about 500.
tracks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:53 PM   #16
Ds14

Ds14 is on a distinguished road
interested. ps is busted and i'd rather go manual anyway.

-deks
Ds14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:11 PM   #17
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
My rack and pinion actually just took a dump on me, so i would love for this to happen.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:54 PM   #18
RurouniMidnight
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
RurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Yes id be down to my rack has been busted up and leaky for a while and i don't feel like getting a refurbed one right now and less stuff to deal with is always good.

http://nightparade.wordpress.com/

Join in on instagram @nightparade
RurouniMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 02:57 AM   #19
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Any word on this? I would buy one if under $300.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 02:48 PM   #20
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
sounds like a cool idea

i would definitely have to drive one first, ive driven my friends s13 without power steering, and my own when i had to remove my PS belt, i absolutely hated it, especially with a 330mm wheel. i couldnt even imagine drifting like that.

manual one should be better though
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:42 PM   #21
alexander500
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
alexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I was jocking hard to get the group buy to go through, but it didn't happen. I really want/need one of these. I have been rocking a drained and pluged power rack for a while and have really learned to like it. It did not take long to get used to and it is not impossible to drift with manual steeing.
alexander500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:42 PM   #22
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
id be down also. im sick of leaking ps fluid all over from busted lines.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:47 PM   #23
tt99ol
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
tt99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tt99ol
i would like it for $300 or less
or even a little more if it adds alot of steering angle
like the powered by max spindle mod
I'm going to get that and thats $400
unless i can get the same angle and less weight for $300
it sounds like a good idea though, and throw in some solid rack bushings too
or just machine the rack to bolt right in without bushings at all
Old 09-18-2008, 12:02 AM   #24
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
just sell refurbished HICAS racks
Old 09-23-2008, 12:11 AM   #25
sac
Zilvia Addict

sac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymore
HELL YA i would!!

But i want your ls14 turbo kit first..

Last edited by sac; 10-12-2008 at 08:36 AM..
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:07 PM   #26
Kuzumi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Kuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kuzumi Send a message via Yahoo to Kuzumi
i would purchase it in a hearbeat.
Kuzumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:11 AM   #27
hotlavaflow
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
hotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to hotlavaflow
What's going on with this?
Old 11-01-2008, 12:16 AM   #28
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Absolutely nothing. I think Luke gave up on it :/

Old 11-01-2008, 04:51 AM   #29
hotlavaflow
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
hotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to hotlavaflow
Awww that sucks I need one of these.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:47 AM   #30
sillyvia13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
sillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
hicas rack ftw
sillyvia13 is offline   Reply With Quote