Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-14-2006, 02:38 PM   #1
broke240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
broke240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to broke240
speed sensor wiring problem

ok, im trying to get my speedo to work.

issue is i have a 1997 240sx with s13sr, also my lower harness is from an S13sr and has been modified to work with the S14 chassis.

I have the S14 speed sensor in the tranny and i have the S14 plug with the two wires comming out of it which are red/yellow stripe and the other jsut red. On the S13 lower harness there are two wires where the S13 seend sensor is suppose to plug in. They are yellow/blue stripe and yellow/black stripe.

Which wires do i connect to get my speedo to work? i ask because i already tried it both ways and still nothing. So i guess my real question is where do the 2 speed sensor wires eventually go so i can jsut bypass everything and connect my speed sensor wires there. I think i have it traced to the third connector down next to the fuse box under the hood. Is that where the speed sensor wires connect? if so what color are the two wires after they go through the plug?

a little confusing but maybe someone will be of some help
broke240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2006, 08:54 PM   #2
scottyb
Leaky Injector

scottyb is on a distinguished road
HAHAHA, great timing for this question, I just did this exact thing yesterday, lucky you! I have a '97 with an RB25, but it's essentially the same wiring.

You need to run the two wires from the speed sensor to the 4th plug down. In the FSM(if you have one, if not I can send you one) you can see the wiring diagram on page EL-76. Here you see that the speed sensor wires go to a plug called E202 on the male side and connect to a plug called E19 on the female side. You can see the E19 plug is the 4th one down on the harness diagram on page EL-214.

If you have a FSM this is easier to understand, but even if you don't, then all you need to do is connect the two speed sensor wires to the solid red wire and the red/yellow stripe wire on the male side of this plug(E202). You can connect them in either order, it will read the same either way.

I don't know what color they are on the female side, but I can look at this tomorrow, and/or take pictures if you want.

Let me know, and good luck.

P.S. I highly recommend soldering these wires as it is a much better connection and there is easy access there.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 09:26 PM   #3
rim_bender
Zilvia Junkie

rim_bender is on the path to ruinrim_bender is on the path to ruinrim_bender is on the path to ruin
jsut went and did this, thanks a million
rim_bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:37 AM   #4
CraftHell
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
CraftHell is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I know this thread is like 8yrs old but I'm surprised no1 has came across and added pictures or links to the FSM.. until now..

Here is a link to the full FSM:http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/240sx/1997/el.pdf

And here is some pictures i took and this guide helped me out allot!! Thanks!!

CraftHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 11:30 PM   #5
1995240sx_

1995240sx_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
HAHAHA, great timing for this question, I just did this exact thing yesterday, lucky you! I have a '97 with an RB25, but it's essentially the same wiring.

You need to run the two wires from the speed sensor to the 4th plug down. In the FSM(if you have one, if not I can send you one) you can see the wiring diagram on page EL-76. Here you see that the speed sensor wires go to a plug called E202 on the male side and connect to a plug called E19 on the female side. You can see the E19 plug is the 4th one down on the harness diagram on page EL-214.

If you have a FSM this is easier to understand, but even if you don't, then all you need to do is connect the two speed sensor wires to the solid red wire and the red/yellow stripe wire on the male side of this plug(E202). You can connect them in either order, it will read the same either way.

I don't know what color they are on the female side, but I can look at this tomorrow, and/or take pictures if you want.

P.S. I highly recommend soldering these wires as it is a much better connection and there is easy access there.
i have connected those two wires the the solid red and red/yellow wire. yes its working but its going too fast. lol
1995240sx_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 11:46 PM   #6
1995240sx_

1995240sx_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post

i have tried to connect those two wires like what u said. yes it did work but the speedometer is turning too fast.
1995240sx_ is offline   Reply With Quote