Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-19-2017, 08:29 PM   #1
240-mike

Trader Rating: (0)
240-mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rb25 series 2 spark plug issues

Okay so I've looked through many different threads and can't find a straight forward answer to my problem so please don't give me the bs about starting another thread. So I can't figure out what to gap my plugs to, I have fmic full exhaust upgraded fuel pump stock Ecu stock intake etc. I was running on 10psi and every time I'd get into high boost it cut out so I figured I needed colder plugs along with regapping them, I've Gapped them several times with no luck, everytime I give it gas it won't rev past 3 grand and just falls on its face. Any helps appreciated, oh and the plugs I went with were the NGK bkr7es I believe, thanks again.
240-mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2017, 08:41 PM   #2
snags
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
snags is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
i have the same mods on my series 2. I run a .8 gap. Change to a colder plug. You are potentially having coilpack issues. make sure all the grounds are proper for the coilpacks

Series 2.. so im assuming you cant check your codes
snags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:27 PM   #3
240-mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by snags View Post
i have the same mods on my series 2. I run a .8 gap. Change to a colder plug. You are potentially having coilpack issues. make sure all the grounds are proper for the coilpacks

Series 2.. so im assuming you cant check your codes
Stock is the bcr5 I believe so from my understanding I already switched to a colder plug unless I'm wrong, and yea I thought about the coils too but the car ran fine with the other plugs other than sputtering in high boost so I don't think it's the coils. I think I'm gunna try iridiums tomorrow.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:28 PM   #4
240-mike

Also had them gapped to .8 and still did the same thing
Old 03-19-2017, 11:35 PM   #5
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
So, were your spark plugs stolen? I don't understand.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:26 AM   #6
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Did you seriously just report me, TO ME? "Doesn't help me find my issue, and is frankly just annoying." I had hoped my post would help you realize that you posted this in the "Stolen Goods" section of the forum. Perhaps have a chuckle and ask me to move it to "Tech Talk" where it belongs. It seems I expected too much from you. I set the bar too high, clearly. Such a pity. That is what is truly annoying. Had you perhaps slowed down and paid attention to where you were posting, you'd likely have more answers. Most of the time, members don't poke their head in here unless they have have had something stolen themselves or are trying to help a friend find their stolen belongings. The Tech section is chock full of helpful individuals though. I'm going to need you to strive a bit harder to be a better member of this community in the future. I assure you, it's worth it.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:15 AM   #7
240-mike

Tried to post in tech talk actually, so I didn't think to look were it was posted. Honestly could've just told me that it was in the wrong section. That way there wouldn't be any confusion. I apologize thought you were just pissing with me
Old 03-20-2017, 01:17 AM   #8
240-mike

Also using the mobile version, isn't the greatest to navigate.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:41 AM   #9
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Lesson taught. Thread moved.

Zilvians, answer this question! Help the guy out.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:03 AM   #10
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Did you seriously just report me, TO ME?
damn '17ers, so soft

You should have kept looking 'cause the answers for this are all over the web, and guess what? You shouldnt have started another thread.