Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-09-2018, 05:01 AM   #1
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The Daily Driver Thread

Daily. Driven. Cars. Trucks. SUVs. CUVs. EVs. City Bus.

Instead of cluttering up the Future RWD thread I thought I’d just make a new thread where we can discuss our daily drivers. I know a lot of us are old now and while we still may have 240’s or other sporty autos, we may have some cool daily’s to discuss.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:11 AM   #2
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
So I'm digging my new XC40oz. The Pilot Assist works well but takes some getting used to. But its not something you have to use. Its the first time I've had a car drive for me though.

Since I got this thing I thought it needs to be lowered. I did a subtle like 3" drop here. Think it looks good. Looks more wagon-like.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:30 AM   #3
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
My daily is a 2012 Prius.

Only down-side is I wish it was a plug-in model.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:39 AM   #4
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
My daily is 2013 Ford Focus Titanium 5dr.
It's at 102K miles on the odo and its been a great car but starting to show its age.
Looking to get in a mid size crossover like a Ford Edge 2.0T or Hyundai Tucson Limited.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:50 AM   #5
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
1996 BMW M3, 124k, 5 speed. Makes a decent daily, but makes me miss driving my s13. Honestly like the s13 chassis a little better in terms of how they feel to drive. At least I have a/c!
d9m13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:56 AM   #6
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I drive a slammed civic. It's my middle life crisis car.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:56 PM   #7
2fowdee

Trader Rating: (6)
2fowdee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
02 imprezza wagon with lift and oversized tires. versitle dd.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
2fowdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 05:47 PM   #8
Kallixtos
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (61)
Kallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really nice
Feedback Score: 61 reviews
'16 Focus ST

Been pretty happy with it. MPGs not so good but meh atleast I got a turbo.
Kallixtos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 06:03 PM   #9
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Bump for the cool ass minion pressure washer
Old 05-09-2018, 06:51 PM   #10
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hscalixto View Post
'16 Focus ST

Been pretty happy with it. MPGs not so good but meh atleast I got a turbo.
Sweet ya my current daily is 2012 Focus Sedan with 63k on it. Reiiable as hell. My M3 is on the way out the door.
My 2018 FiST is being built. I will probably daily the FiST and the Focus will get regulated to utility/back up duty. It has a 150k drivetrain warranty so I don’t plan on sellingit. I will drive it till it dies.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:07 PM   #11
Kallixtos
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (61)
Kallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really nice
Feedback Score: 61 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Bump for the cool ass minion pressure washer
Got the best reviews for an electric pressure washer on amazon lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Sweet ya my current daily is 2012 Focus Sedan with 63k on it. Reiiable as hell. My M3 is on the way out the door.
My 2018 FiST is being built. I will probably daily the FiST and the Focus will get regulated to utility/back up duty. It has a 150k drivetrain warranty so I don’t plan on sellingit. I will drive it till it dies.
Ive got 32k with no issues so far.

Who's building the Fiesta? Im down the street from Mountune. They just had their annual meet not too long ago.

EDIT: I just realized you were likely talking about a brand new car out of the factory. [emoji28]
Kallixtos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 08:46 PM   #12
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
2017 WRX, leased this as the first "new" car and have loved it.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:57 AM   #13
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
2014 Chevy Cruze. Pretty boring and slow, but great mpg's for my 100miles/day commute. I had an IS300 manual that I loved, but it was slow and a gas guzzler.

I'm still looking for that perfect daily driver:
-RWD
-Luxurious/comfortable
-4 doors
-30 mpg highway
-manual transmission
-250-300 crank hp
-under $10k
-passes smog(no swaps)
-Somewhat modern 2000+

Only thing I can think of is an IS300 with a 3sgte, but of course that's not smog legal.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:40 AM   #14
souljaseth33
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
souljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to souljaseth33
Luck enough to have a work truck for daily driving.

2014 F150 w/5.0

When not in the work truck on weekends, Im in my 2014 Silverado (soon to be trading in for new truck)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
souljaseth33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 07:34 PM   #15
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
2014 Chevy Cruze. Pretty boring and slow, but great mpg's for my 100miles/day commute.
This is one of the best things about a daily driver.

Hop in it and go.

Makes driving in rush-hour traffic mindless.
Old 05-12-2018, 07:38 PM   #16
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
I daily drive a 2012 Honda Fit.

Seems to acquire a new dent every time I leave it somewhere.

Oh well, better it than my 'nice' car.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 10:00 PM   #17
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
I daily drive a 2012 Honda Fit.

Seems to acquire a new dent every time I leave it somewhere.

Oh well, better it than my 'nice' car.
Lol god forbid the 240 gets door dings
Old 05-13-2018, 06:55 AM   #18
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
2007 crew cab Silverado. Had it for 10 years, its paid off, 150k miles, dented and dirty.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:19 PM   #19
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Practical Daily (2008 Porsche Cayenne Turbo):

Fun Daily (2017 Ford Shelby GT350):

Throwback Daily (1989 Nissan 240sx Coupe):

Old 06-06-2018, 10:11 AM   #20
bjreynolds202

bjreynolds202 is a well-known jackass
My Daily Driver

E85 really transforms how these cars drive in daily traffic.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:52 PM   #21
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
my current daily is probably the best decision I've ever made. 4x4, hi and lo range, limited, v6, leather, AC, and cheap. (not great on gas though but let's not talk about that right now)

No mods and you can go literally anywhere, which is nice when your other car is externally 75% fiberglass and 1.5 inches from the ground.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:06 PM   #22
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Only thing I can think of is an IS300 with a 3sgte, but of course that's not smog legal.
Eh whats smog legal anyways....

What about a 1G-FE
Old 06-20-2018, 10:49 AM   #23
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Daily is a 2000 Impreza rs coupe 5 speed. Only thing I can complain about is the gear ratio. 5th gear is 2700 rpm at 60mph and 3500 at 80mph.
I get 22-23 mpg driving in the “outer city”. Not inner city driving but half rural half city driving. 26 mpg flying on the highway at 75-85mph. I have a code on for injectors since I’ve replaced everything else regarding that code. I know it’s running rich.

Great interior space (huge back seat + interior room for a coupe that weighs under 3000 lbs)
4wd doesn’t give me any issues. Great visibility. No bullshit repairs needing a special flash tool from the dealer.

I have two 95 auto maroon 240s with stock kas that I wouldn’t hesitate to drive anywhere. My brother drives one.

I’m working on my 90 Suburban to get it ready for daily driving in the winter months and split daily driving with the Subaru( I do not want to get hit in my cars)

I want to buy a S13 hatch + coupe + vert but honestly I’m out of room to park this shit.

collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:12 AM   #24
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Eh whats smog legal anyways....

What about a 1G-FE
As much as I love inline 6's that engine is heavy and puts out even less power. I think a 3SGTE 6 spd IS300 would be awesome. It would be like a luxury version of the Tom's 280T.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:29 PM   #25
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
As much as I love inline 6's that engine is heavy and puts out even less power. I think a 3SGTE 6 spd IS300 would be awesome. It would be like a luxury version of the Tom's 280T.
Ill post my daily soon
Old 06-20-2018, 02:43 PM   #26
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Picked up my grandfather's el camino last month. He passed in March and I wasn't about to let this thing leave the family. Got to put a little work into it before it'll be used as my good weather cruiser. This boat is so comfortable.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:22 PM   #27
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Daily is a 2000 Impreza rs coupe 5 speed. Only thing I can complain about is the gear ratio. 5th gear is 2700 rpm at 60mph and 3500 at 80mph.
I get 22-23 mpg driving in the “outer city”. Not inner city driving but half rural half city driving. 26 mpg flying on the highway at 75-85mph. I have a code on for injectors since I’ve replaced everything else regarding that code. I know it’s running rich.

Great interior space (huge back seat + interior room for a coupe that weighs under 3000 lbs)
4wd doesn’t give me any issues. Great visibility. No bullshit repairs needing a special flash tool from the dealer.

I have two 95 auto maroon 240s with stock kas that I wouldn’t hesitate to drive anywhere. My brother drives one.

I’m working on my 90 Suburban to get it ready for daily driving in the winter months and split daily driving with the Subaru( I do not want to get hit in my cars)

I want to buy a S13 hatch + coupe + vert but honestly I’m out of room to park this shit.

Why don't you buy one even decent car rather than a fleet of POS?
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote