Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Suspension

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
UniqueAutoCreations
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
UniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the roughUniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the roughUniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the roughUniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the roughUniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the roughUniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the roughUniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
s13 Heavy Duty S13 Tension Rod Brace Kit

Heavy Duty S13 Tension Rod Brace Kit

Check out our Heavy Duty Tension Rod Brace Kit! It is a weld on kit that consists of two 11 gauge plates that box in the tension rod brackets and an 11 gauge square tube crossbar that ties them both together. The parts have been sand blasted to remove rust and then treated with a self etching weld-through primer and are ready for installation. Think of it as a unit similar to the Nismo Power Brace only beefier and at a considerably better price. Install instructions are included. The pic above is of one that's been welded up and painted so you can get a good idea of what the finished assembly could look like.

Cost is $89.99 + $14.00 shipping (+ tax for Texas residents) All shipping charges stated are to the lower 48 states. Please contact me if you need it to go farther. Thanks

For orders please purchase through our site www.UniqueAutoCreations.com We accept Paypal and most major credit cards. This is really helpful for keeping track of orders, but if you would prefer an old fashioned invoice I can do that too. Just PM me with your paypal info and whether or not you are a Texas resident.

The KIT is pictured above in the red box of the first photo. Here are some more pics of it once it has been welded up and installed.

PM's welcome! I'll do my best to take care of your questions and orders in a timely manner.

Don't forget to check out our site for other cool S-Chassis parts: www.UniqueAutoCreations.com
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #2
G5SR20240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
G5SR20240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
You guys should at least dimple the plating and use some DOM tubing for $90 it's a bit over priced. Just saying
Old 09-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
UniqueAutoCreations
Zilvia Junkie

UniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the roughUniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the roughUniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the roughUniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the roughUniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the roughUniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the roughUniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for your opinion. DOM tubing is one way to go but in my experience 1/8" thick square tubing is plenty strong and the box in plates are that thick as well. I believe dimpling is usually used on thinner metal and does give it some added strength but I didn't feel it was necessary given the plate's current thickness. Also the metal has been bead blasted and coated to remove rust and provide a good surface for final coating. I could make them cheaper if I didn't do any finish or deburr work on them but I'm trying to make a quality kit which is easy to install that stiffens the front end with the least amount of finishing work possible for a weld on unit.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #4
Kaomon
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (77)
Kaomon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 77 reviews
Devil's advocate here:

Convince me why I shouldn't get the tension rod set that Stealth Custom Fab offers over yours? Besides user installation friendliness (bolt-on vs welds which do have obvious difference as far as strength and rigidity) , both kits are essentially the same price.....

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the fact that you are contributing to the community, but you need to think about the demographic that 240sx community is now being catered to..... KIDS who want instant gratification, unfortunately. Now if you sold the kits already installed and priced them accordingly, I can foresee an increase in sales to an extent, since the market value of Nismo power braces are steadily increasing.....something to take into consideration.

Also in general, the kit involves welding- so in the general sense, wouldn't you agree that people who weld typically knows how to work with metal (besides beginners of course)? So what is stopping from making their own kit since it's relatively not hard- in the end it's majority just measuring... another thing to think about.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #5
UniqueAutoCreations
Zilvia Junkie

I was just trying to offer something a little different than the norm here. I truly believe that this kit is going to provide more "strength and rigidity" than a bolt on kit. I understand that bolt on is more popular but I wanted to make something that took the guess work out of fabricating a brace like this. As for welding, most muffler shops aren't afraid to take on some other welding work too so even if someone couldn't weld themselves I can't imagine this being an impassable barrier. I've even made a detailed install guide that is available on our site and also comes with the kit to make it as user friendly as possible. In the end if you want to purchase a bolt on brace for ease of installation for around the same price I cannot stop you. But if you want a brace like the NISMO power brace for a bolt on aftermarket brace price than this is a good choice.

Here's a link to the install guide: http://www.uniqueautocreations.com/u...tall_guide.pdf
Old 09-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #6
epedomic
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
epedomic is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
will I need to modify or change my sway bar bracket for this? or will they bolt right on? I have energy suspension brackets for my s13
Old 09-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #7
UniqueAutoCreations
Zilvia Junkie

No modifications needed to the sway bar brackets. They bolt up just like they do from the factory. In fact you aren't even modifying that part of your tension rod brackets so you should have no worries. Also you can see the clearance between the sway bar itself and the brace in the last pic.
Closed Thread