Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-12-2012, 01:38 AM   #1
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (39)
Tempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
PBM subframe riser install

Problem solved see below!

just recently installed my PBM subframe risers, read up on the thread they provided..
http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/e107_fil...9_p1040244.jpg

In the thread it was recommended to hammer/cut the uni body where the camber arms are located, but i noticed my arms are closer than the car pictured, so i have an even shorter travel. Also if i were to hammer both sides of my uni body I'd have problems in pic2 because i have EGR lines right there .

I have bombarded Dan and Martin with questions and they've gladly answered them all And they will be getting a call tomorrow lol but im just trying to gather input on this situation. If the pictures suck ill try and snap some better pics soon.

pic1

pic2(pass side) EGR lines

pic3(driver) uni body non cut/hammered

note: pictures taken with the car on the ground, car is s14

IG - allen.kerose

Last edited by Tempo; 10-24-2012 at 02:07 AM..
Tempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 05:33 AM   #2
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Is this an S14?

On my S13, I have risers and PBM Generation Three RUCAS and I know they're close, but not that close.

How much negative camber are you running? Is there anyway that you could run less which would effectively make the RUCA longer and move the locking hardware further away from the area that needs to be notched?
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #3
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
I had to hammer the thin metal seam a bit for clearance, but didn't need to do anything to the frame rails. They're really close, but not close enough to actually hit. That's an S13 though... not sure if you have an S13 or S14.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #4
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
only s14 has this seam. its just a seam which can be bent and smashed out of the way. have it done before you snap an arm
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Havent driven the car, im going hammer it in but my concern is the EGR lines on my paas side area, if i hammer that side itll smash those lines

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

IG - allen.kerose
Old 10-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #6
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I wonder if you're the one who dropped off the subframe at PSM last week... Any who, they are currently at Irwindale for Formula D and won't be back in the office until Monday. If you want, I can talk to them tomorrow when I'm at Formula D.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #7
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
i did my subframe risers last week on my s13, didnt have to bang anything or mess with the ebrake cables at all...
Old 10-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #8
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
i did my subframe risers last week on my s13, didnt have to bang anything or mess with the ebrake cables at all...
x2 when I did mine all I did was re align my car. My rucas are just megans but they're no where near to hitting
Old 10-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #9
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
I wonder if you're the one who dropped off the subframe at PSM last week... Any who, they are currently at Irwindale for Formula D and won't be back in the office until Monday. If you want, I can talk to them tomorrow when I'm at Formula D.

Yeah dude if you dont mind ^^ , yeah i dropped off my subframe last week were you over at the shop i think i introduced myself lol. I was calling today and no answer from them but i just remembered after what you said they mentioned they wouldnt be there friday because of FD lol. We'll see on monday or whenever you see them before

Thinking this problem is mainly focused on usdm s14 from 96 and up for obd2 , friend of mind doesnt have his canister lines in the back in front for his 95 obd1

IG - allen.kerose
Old 10-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #10
1on1
Post Whore!

1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Yup, I'm there almost everyday for rc drifting and I'll ask them tomorrow when I'm at Formula D. EGR issue would only be for 96+ since 95v are OBD1 (I use the gas canister bolts on the passenger side for my battery tray).
Old 10-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #11
Nostalgic Hiro

Trader Rating: (0)
Nostalgic Hiro is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempo View Post
Yeah dude if you dont mind ^^ , yeah i dropped off my subframe last week were you over at the shop i think i introduced myself lol. I was calling today and no answer from them but i just remembered after what you said they mentioned they wouldnt be there friday because of FD lol. We'll see on monday or whenever you see them before

Thinking this problem is mainly focused on usdm s14 from 96 and up for obd2 , friend of mind doesnt have his canister lines in the back in front for his 95 obd1
Just cut that area out. I know yet going for that stanced look. You should really raise your car up though bro. Especially because I know where you drift & it would benefit you in the end... But it's your car & at the end of the day you can o whatev you want dude....
Nostalgic Hiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #12
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

_____
pics below are with the car raised on jacks**

_____

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
Is this an S14?

On my S13, I have risers and PBM Generation Three RUCAS and I know they're close, but not that close.

How much negative camber are you running? Is there anyway that you could run less which would effectively make the RUCA longer and move the locking hardware further away from the area that needs to be notched?
Not much as before, less camber now since the risers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I had to hammer the thin metal seam a bit for clearance, but didn't need to do anything to the frame rails. They're really close, but not close enough to actually hit. That's an S13 though... not sure if you have an S13 or S14.
Those egr lines will most likely be shifted over if i can do it after i get off work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
only s14 has this seam. its just a seam which can be bent and smashed out of the way. have it done before you snap an arm
Yeah def a bad idea to drive it right now, better to wait and fix it now then to get more issues because of this small prob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post

i had to hammer my e break brackets but the pass side was semi in between the chassis and subframe tightly. Tested out the ebrake moving the car forward and back within my garage and still works but i gotta see if itll lock up once i address this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
x2 when I did mine all I did was re align my car. My rucas are just megans but they're no where near to hitting
How low do you have your car though ? Really dont want to raise mine up currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic Hiro View Post
Just cut that area out. I know yet going for that stanced look. You should really raise your car up though bro. Especially because I know where you drift & it would benefit you in the end... But it's your car & at the end of the day you can o whatev you want dude....
Ill see by or before monday luke.

IG - allen.kerose
Old 10-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #13
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
_____
How low do you have your car though ? Really dont want to raise mine up currently.

hahahahaha ya.. kinda low
Old 10-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #14
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post

hahahahaha ya.. kinda low
You're about a half inch lower than me looking at that pic. Hmmm

IG - allen.kerose
Old 10-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #15
terrence
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
terrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
You're about a half inch lower than me looking at that pic. Hmmm

I got/had the same problem as you. Right now I'm swapping the sub-frames between shells but I took a sawzall to that edge till it was flush. The ruca would still hit the frame (megan ruca), but I was pretty low. I think on this new shell I am going to grind it down and notch the frame for more clearance since I plan on being a little lower this time.

My biggest issue was the brake cables, they would always rub my drive shaft. I had to bang out a dent to clamp them into, I'd like to do something different this time but not sure yet.

Here is how the old car sat for reference:

terrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #16
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancid240 View Post
$101
Damn dude thats crazy i just saw your car catch fire in a video on tumblr , sorry for the loss dude, i really hope martin dan or nate can solve my prob on monday. If you dont mind me asking , what caused the fire ?

IG - allen.kerose
Old 10-13-2012, 12:21 AM   #17
Nostalgic Hiro

Nostalgic Hiro is an unknown quantity at this point
s14

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence View Post
I got/had the same problem as you. Right now I'm swapping the sub-frames between shells but I took a sawzall to that edge till it was flush. The ruca would still hit the frame (megan ruca), but I was pretty low. I think on this new shell I am going to grind it down and notch the frame for more clearance since I plan on being a little lower this time.

My biggest issue was the brake cables, they would always rub my drive shaft. I had to bang out a dent to clamp them into, I'd like to do something different this time but not sure yet.

Here is how the old car sat for reference:

Dude, saw the video!!! Sorry about the loss. Your car is awesome. What caused the fire though. Your S14 is inspiring my S-chassis build
Nostalgic Hiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #18
terrence
Zilvia Junkie

terrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymore
Thanks; consensus was a fuel leak.

Going to be swapping sub-frames tomorrow, I'll take some pictures if you want?
Old 10-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #19
JonathanPrem
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
JonathanPrem is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
^ yes please and im really sorry about your car man. Good luck on your new build
JonathanPrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:31 AM   #20
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence View Post
Thanks; consensus was a fuel leak.

Going to be swapping sub-frames tomorrow, I'll take some pictures if you want?
That would be cool, post em here when you get the chance ^^

IG - allen.kerose
Old 10-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #21
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (79)
DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
reroute using flexible lines away from that area towards the center of the car.

its best to hammer on that sheet metal before the sub frame goes in however it can be cut with an air saw after the parts are in the car as well.
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Order Inquiry: IM me your real name and paypal address.
Thanks for your business!
DC Dan MAX USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #22
derek king
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
If anyone has any of these risers for sale let me know.. Been trying to get some for a while now.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #23
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (79)
DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
they are in stock
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Order Inquiry: IM me your real name and paypal address.
Thanks for your business!
DC Dan MAX USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #24
terrence
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dan MAX USA View Post
reroute using flexible lines away from that area towards the center of the car.

its best to hammer on that sheet metal before the sub frame goes in however it can be cut with an air saw after the parts are in the car as well.
If you use subframe risers and have a drive shaft with larger than stock yokes then there is no where to put the brake cables that they won't get chewed up. With stock, yea bang the tabs down and you're good; but a one piece driveshaft will be all up in it.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #25
derek king
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dan MAX USA View Post
they are in stock
Oh cool. Order placed.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:11 AM   #26
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Dan is it normal to not have to bang in anything or mess with the ebrake cables on s13?
Old 10-16-2012, 03:25 PM   #27
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

GL Chrillz is an unknown quantity at this point
I didn't have to do anything on my s13 except i moved the ebrake cables and i had to notch out a little piece because the riser wouldnt slide all the way down in one slot. no hammering though
GL Chrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:18 PM   #28
Xyle

Xyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Can you show pictures on how you bent the e brake bracket? I have a 95 s14 with z32 rear caliper setup.
Xyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:02 AM   #29
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Problem solved.

Quote:
_____
pics below are with the car raised on jacks**

_____

Took my car over to PSM and Martin checked out the seam and fixed my dilemma by notching the seam, rerouting the EGR soft line under the camber arm and cut the hardline so that i could put in the soft line i later bought at car quest(use fuel rated line).

sidenote: drove to PBM with the rear end a little bit higher than usual, still would not recommend driving if you have the same issue, i took the risk to have to problem fixed.

time for pics of how the seam looks now, and where the hoses are.

____
pass side

____
driver side

much thanks to parts shop max!

IG - allen.kerose
Old 10-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #30
1on1
Post Whore!

this is good to hear!