Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-13-2015, 04:13 PM   #1501
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
***please delete***
Old 05-14-2015, 12:02 AM   #1502
Ka24Power
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
Ka24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I wouldn't feel bad at all for selling an item I won on YAJ for substantial profit, discontinued or not. If people are aware of what things can be had for there is a good chance they aren't going to buy from me anyway. I like to think its like modifying cars - if you want to learn and spend some time wrenching on your own stuff you're going to save a TON of money compared to the people who can't be bothered and pay a shop to do it.

I'm nowhere near being in BossHogg, Damon or VAs13's league when it comes to rare parts, but I've been building a decent collection. I look at every purchase as an investment that I will almost certainly be able to profit on if/when I were to liquidate or part the car out.
Ka24Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:14 AM   #1503
BAKATARE

Trader Rating: (0)
BAKATARE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
WWW.NENGUN.COM <<<<Best place to order parts through auctions... Trust me I work here.
BAKATARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:38 AM   #1504
BAKATARE

Trader Rating: (0)
BAKATARE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
http://www.nengun.com/search/#t:y;m:10;g:1 - 180SX

http://www.nengun.com/search/#t:y;m:6;g:1 - S13

http://www.nengun.com/search/#t:y;m:7;g:1 - S14

http://www.nengun.com/search/#t:y;m:9;g:1 - S15

Any questions feel free to ask!
BAKATARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:50 AM   #1505
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKATARE View Post
WWW.NENGUN.COM <<<<Best place to order parts through auctions... Trust me I work here.

Shameless plug...
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:12 PM   #1506
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Yes, I meant that I always pay Jesse when he sends me the invoice. He specifically asks not to pay until he sends an invoice, which is typically after the item arrives to him from the seller in my experience. Sorry for the confusion.

I never really feel bad flipping parts for a profit. I have bought things I really wanted from people before knowing they were making a substantial profit, but I didn't care because it was a part I really wanted. I've bought a couple parts locally since rebuilding my car and sold them for 300-500% more than I paid because they seller didn't know what they were or what they were worth on Zilvia. I mean, I feel a little bad, but at the end of the day it's their fault for not doing their research I guess.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 02:27 PM   #1507
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Yes, I meant that I always pay Jesse when he sends me the invoice. He specifically asks not to pay until he sends an invoice, which is typically after the item arrives to him from the seller in my experience. Sorry for the confusion.

I never really feel bad flipping parts for a profit. I have bought things I really wanted from people before knowing they were making a substantial profit, but I didn't care because it was a part I really wanted. I've bought a couple parts locally since rebuilding my car and sold them for 300-500% more than I paid because they seller didn't know what they were or what they were worth on Zilvia. I mean, I feel a little bad, but at the end of the day it's their fault for not doing their research I guess.
Dont feel bad at all brochacho. You said it nicely. If you want the item, you will pay for it, knowing they are getting a profit off of you. This JUST happened to me. Got that brand new gauge on the super cheap. Then I find a used 60mm nismo water temp gauge to go with it. Guy was in Canada....paid 100 dollars MORE far a used one, but in very good condition. He knew exactly what he had and knew what kind of money the right buyer would give for it. He said he has been sitting on it for years, hasn't seen a brand new in box nismo for a good 15 years and said it was a very sweet score.

That is the difference between people like us and lets say "the common guy" in the car game. They are just doing it to do it. Where we are more or less a real enthusiast of the car as a whole. Not saying there is anything wrong with either way. But that is also why the car part world is full of low baller and high baller parts. Two different demographics to please. Usually the persons build will reflect that. Just the way I see it.

What are you driving now -a-days?
Old 05-14-2015, 02:55 PM   #1508
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
What are you driving now -a-days?
I bought my old chassis back last November from the friend I sold it to two years prior, lol. He didn't really touch it as he was building an LS1 for it and never completed the project. He offered it back to me so I bought it back and have been slowly piecing it back together. Just updated the build thread for the heck of it, haha.

But yeah, I know what you mean. It's interesting to see how the whole buying parts from Japan thing has evolved and continues to evolve. I didn't know how to do any of this stuff a couple years ago.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 05-15-2015, 09:41 AM   #1509
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
But that is also why the car part world is full of low baller and high baller parts. Two different demographics to please. Usually the persons build will reflect that. Just the way I see it.
Ahhhh here we have our first true point of contention:

So what happens when you can pay 'lowball' prices for something 'high-baller' like TE37s? I've said numerous times that I'm not rich. In that time I haven't made the next paygrade in the military so nothing has changed in my income lol. That being said, I'd never give someone like Mackin Industries ~$1000+ more to buy TEs I can get BNIB for far less straight from Japan via Jesse. The guys at Mackin our awesome but they have to sell them for exponentially more, I suppose. Thoughts?

Damon, I can sympathize with your reasoning. Actually I never really could until the three of us (BossHogg included) discussed it on this thread. I was sitting on the fence and I think you guys pushed me over to your side. Like we both said: it's their fault for not putting in the work or doing the research.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:56 AM   #1510
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Like we both said: it's their fault for not putting in the work or doing the research.
True. I have found many parts on here that "I must have", mostly because I saw them. Before I offer I always check other sites, not even YAJ, 70% they are less and/or brand new.

Mostly little things less than $100. It's buyer beware out there, capitalism at it's finest.

The S15 visors on here for $250, or so, is fucking ridiculous. If someone buys that they deserve to hosed.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:53 AM   #1511
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
True. I have found many parts on here that "I must have", mostly because I saw them. Before I offer I always check other sites, not even YAJ, 70% they are less and/or brand new.

Mostly little things less than $100. It's buyer beware out there, capitalism at it's finest.

The S15 visors on here for $250, or so, is fucking ridiculous. If someone buys that they deserve to hosed.
Yeah man. I'm all for making a profit. I just like Jesse's way of charging a small percentage for services versus a huge return in profit. He could make exponentially more if he bought parts and sold them on a website but instead he lets the buyer do the footwork and then he charges a small finder's/handler's fee. Less work for him, lower cost to the consumer keeps them coming, and he still makes a good amount for 'minimal' work. Love the guy.

As far as Zilvia goes...I'll be charging r-tards out the anus hahahahha. I've been staring at my S15 visors and contemplating the profit I could make.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:03 PM   #1512
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I always contemplate selling my s15 sun visors/shift knob/steering wheel.... Ha
Old 05-15-2015, 12:25 PM   #1513
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
I always contemplate selling my s15 sun visors/shift knob/steering wheel.... Ha
By US standards that's like $550+ lol.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:46 PM   #1514
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I buy 65% of my parts from.yahoo JP. When I get tired of them I sell for double sometimes triple. Supply and demand must be met. There is a market for everything, down to pet psychologists lol.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:33 PM   #1515
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Whenever I'm shopping on YAJ, I'm shopping for myself. I'm never really thinking about resale or anything like that. It's a nice plus if I decide to sell something, but it's never a big thought with me.

I'm been building up the war chest with new parts over the last little while...

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:51 PM   #1516
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Ahhhh here we have our first true point of contention:

So what happens when you can pay 'lowball' prices for something 'high-baller' like TE37s? I've said numerous times that I'm not rich. In that time I haven't made the next paygrade in the military so nothing has changed in my income lol. That being said, I'd never give someone like Mackin Industries ~$1000+ more to buy TEs I can get BNIB for far less straight from Japan via Jesse. The guys at Mackin our awesome but they have to sell them for exponentially more, I suppose. Thoughts?

Damon, I can sympathize with your reasoning. Actually I never really could until the three of us (BossHogg included) discussed it on this thread. I was sitting on the fence and I think you guys pushed me over to your side. Like we both said: it's their fault for not putting in the work or doing the research.

what is there to think about? You can get them whole sale or buy from some place like mackin. What one company sells for compared to another is up to the company. Not much to talk about really. Really it kind of makes no sense. What is low baller cost for brand new TE? You are not going to get them cheaper than whole sale cost straight from Jesse. You will never pay less than what your supplier can get them for. Unless he likes to fund your build. Low baller prices would be rota/xxr/etc. You are not getting TE's for 200 bucks a wheel. Unless your buying used. Even then that is hard lol. The only thing you basically stated is to never buy from a place like that. I never would.

Yea, I get damn near 100% of my parts from yahoo japan or straight from manufacturer if still produced. Or just from private seller period. Since most of the parts I like are old or discontinued you cant really do much else. I to only buy for myself. I have never really sold many parts. I have never purposely bought a item to resell. I have thought about it, but never get around to it. I could probably sell a few things if I really wanted. But I doubt many people would buck up for the items. At least not on this forum lol. I have actually thought about clearing out a few items that I dont think I'll be using. But its not like I really need the money so I just hold on to them. I always get random mail asking to buy stuff. I don't think some of the people know the cost of the items, no matter how basic the item is. I'm certainly not going to cut myself short.

Last edited by BossHogg; 05-15-2015 at 08:26 PM..
BossHogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:41 PM   #1517
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Whenever I'm shopping on YAJ, I'm shopping for myself. I'm never really thinking about resale or anything like that. It's a nice plus if I decide to sell something, but it's never a big thought with me.

I'm been building up the war chest with new parts over the last little while...
haha I know the feeling. I got so much shit I need to look into renting a garage type unit. Especially when the GTR gets here. I travel way to much to get my own house. I cant justify spending that kind of money to be home for maybe 2 months a year. I often think about it, but its kind of pointless. Would rather just let that money sit in the bank.

One corner of my folks basement. I have it all pretty well compacted into boxes. I cant even guess how many parts are just chilling lol. Sometimes I dig through and be like "ah, that's where that went" haha.

Corner of my old room lol. Needs some serious rearranging. Its like playing JDM Jenga.

My storage unit piled to damn near the ceiling.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:14 PM   #1518
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice

Always wanted one finally got one
Old 05-19-2015, 01:41 PM   #1519
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
My Blitzzzzzz lol

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 05-28-2015, 12:27 PM   #1520
1gr8bar10der
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (77)
1gr8bar10der is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 77 reviews
Came across this auction. Buy it now for these 1895 +/-0 Regamaster Evo is 1M JPY. And anyone thinks they're baller enough? lol.

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/198207129
Old 05-30-2015, 11:47 AM   #1521
andisan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
andisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Just bought something with the help of Jesse and wow great service and I got it in about 5 days straight from Japan!!! Cheap too!!!

Will use him again if needed

He got me something I've been looking for about 2 years, supper excited
Old 05-30-2015, 11:51 AM   #1522
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

And you're not going to say what it is?
Old 05-30-2015, 04:22 PM   #1523
dizzariot
Post Whore!

I was bidding on another set of window louvres. Super rare. I ended up letting them go.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:29 PM   #1524
sil80d
Zilvia Addict

sil80d is an unknown quantity at this point
Got a box in today

Last bits for my rhd conversion

Manual shift bezel for my gz20 soarer. (NIB)

Replacement lock cover for the same car

Correct tail light for my gz20 3 liter swap

Zenki leopard tail light to sell.
sil80d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:19 AM   #1525
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by andisan View Post
Just bought something with the help of Jesse and wow great service and I got it in about 5 days straight from Japan!!! Cheap too!!!

Will use him again if needed

He got me something I've been looking for about 2 years, supper excited
Lame... why not say what it was.

My VS-KF pair I paid for about a week or so ago is hopefully arriving to my house today.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:15 AM   #1526
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I can almost smell the musty goodness of those JDM items, very nice!
Every time I visit this thread, I feel the sudden urge to waste hours on YAJ.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:34 AM   #1527
andisan
Nissanaholic!

andisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Lame... why not say what it was.

My VS-KF pair I paid for about a week or so ago is hopefully arriving to my house today.

Sorry don't want to be lame!!

Found a fujitsubo exhaust for my car, which I had the opportunity to buy from someone here two years ago and didn't pull the trigger

But thanks to Jesse I got what I wanted
Old 06-05-2015, 11:58 AM   #1528
ESCAPE!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
ESCAPE! is making a name for him/her selfESCAPE! is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post

Always wanted one finally got one
I got mine brand new like that as well, the strap cracked/fell apart after wearing it a couple times Dried out from sitting for a long time i guess, i was able to find a replacement strap that looked very similar but just saying dont be surprised if yours does the same..
Old 06-05-2015, 12:44 PM   #1529
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by andisan View Post
Sorry don't want to be lame!!

Found a fujitsubo exhaust for my car, which I had the opportunity to buy from someone here two years ago and didn't pull the trigger

But thanks to Jesse I got what I wanted
Oh I used to love my Legalis. I think I left it on my car when I sold it

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:32 PM   #1530
slidewayz350
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
slidewayz350 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Can anyone tell me a rough estimate on what it cost to ship a seat or a pair of seats. I can't decide if I want to get them here or can save some money ordering from the yahoo auction.

Thanks,
Jason
slidewayz350 is offline   Reply With Quote