Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Archive and FAQs

Archive and FAQs Archives and Frequently Asked Questions about the 240SX are in here.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:31 PM   #1
khmerguy618
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
khmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to khmerguy618
s14 header install

So I had a cat. I decided that it was restricting my power and I got a Downpipe from Mel. Turns out that it sat at a weird angle and Kept leaking right where the header mounts to the downpipe (you can see where it kept getting loose and leaking compared to the new header)

I opted to get a SS header by BBP 4-2-1 single piece. Construction is pretty cool The welds look good.

I took it to a local shop to get the EGR bung welded up. I forgot to take a before picture of the header (OEM) but i'm sure u guys know what it looks like.

(you can see where its welded up at the EGR)

First off you're going to have to remove the heat shield ( i didn't have one so no need there).

Next i'd recommend using WD-40 or something to break soak on through and loosen the nuts. (there's 8 of them on the manifold connected to the block and then 2 where the cat is connected and 3 where the header and down pipe connect).

i removed the 8 nuts on the motor (14mm) - it's really easy w/ the stock mani, the new one is welded so u have to use a ratcheting wrench to tighten the bottom nuts when you the new one on.

(don't forget to unbolt the 2 bolts holding the DP to the dummy cat)

Here is a pic of the new gasket (1piece) vs' the old gaskets. The new one was very impressive and included with the header, all metal, pretty thick and fit like a glove. (you can also see the where the 8bolts are)

*when removing the gaskets you might have trouble w/ the cyl. 1 gasket. There is a spring that holds it down (far left bottom bolt) so i just cut it.*

what I did was take off all the o2 sensors and put them on before i put the new headers in.. Do it anyway you like but it's easier when its not on the car.

Now just slide the new headers in and bolt up in reverse order. plug the sensors back on in and you're set.

Just a side note: i'd recommend unbolting the header from the DP (since the oem s14 one has a huge ass cat on it, it's hard to pull up as one piece). When you unbolt it u can seperate the top and bottom pieces.

*power gains not so significant, BUT the powerband is a whole lot smoother. and the sound is a much cleaner and out the tail pipe minus that exhaust leak I had.

[email protected]

IF you bought stuff from me write me a review HERE
||VEXMOTORSPORTS || DMAX-USA || RPS CLUTCH || BAB AUTOBODY||
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2007, 06:48 PM   #2
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Question, why aren't you using the OE nuts/washers? Just curious.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
Old 12-25-2007, 08:58 PM   #3
Jung918
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Jung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
sweet. I did the same thing but with a s13 manifold and downpipe.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:38 AM   #4
khmerguy618
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
khmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to khmerguy618
project RDM, i thought those were the oem nuts. They were what were on there when i got the car.

[email protected]

IF you bought stuff from me write me a review HERE
||VEXMOTORSPORTS || DMAX-USA || RPS CLUTCH || BAB AUTOBODY||
Old 03-17-2008, 10:56 PM   #5
cronux
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
cronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to allcronux is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
it might be the oe nuts, but it comes stock with thick metal washers. i reused those on my header install.