Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:09 AM   #1
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
The "Coupe De Ville" 1JZ Build!!

Hey Guy & Gals! My name is Adrian coming from SoCal, Moreno Valley to be exact....Been on this "Fabulous Forum" since late 2008. I've learned alot from being on here & met alot of people over the years..I've owned 3 S13's since I was 17, currently 21 & over these years I've learn the potential of these cars....

This is my 2nd of 3 S13's I've owned (first coupe), Picked it up from this guy in Oceanside, CA from Craigslist for $1700. It's a 1991 S13 Coupe SE Model (auto) I have owned this Coupe since June of 2009 it was BONE STOCK when I bought it!

Over the years I've gone through some "FANBOY" Phases so bare with me lol. I was trying to be "cool" but I have matured up since then...alot more into "attention to detail" now I guess you can say Zilvia has yet influenced me

Back to the build though, It was around late of 2010 when I was planning on doing a swap my plan was doing a RB25 STREET/DRIFT BUILD, & that was my only swap that I wanted to do at the time...One day chit chatting with my friend Flashrps13 over my plans for my swap he said why not go 1JZ? At first I was like no! I dont want to put a Toyota engine in my Nissan (picky guy right) but that night did some research & at that time in 2010 there wasnt much 1JZ/2JZ S-Chassis Love....Well reserching I saw there wasnt much of difference besides Extending the Fuel Rails & Extending Shifter or getting a JDM Soarer Tranny ($$$$ route)...& the JZ's I did see in the S-Chassis's kicked ass! Instant Power, Easy to work on, Parts werent to hard to get & Sound Badass! So my buddy that first told me to go 1JZ actually had a 1JZ in his SC300 & was planning on going 2JZ. He told me he would give me a good deal & he did! I COULDNT PASS IT UP! So I test drove the 1JZ in his SC300 & FELL IN LOVE! So Once He had the Engine out, & money was paid in full the BUILD BEGAN!

SO LET ME BRING YOU UP TO SPEED FROM ALL MY FUNNY PHASES & WHAT MY COUPE HAS GONE THROUGH SINCE 2009

First Day I bought It..

The Modifying BEGAN!

Bought a set of Espelir Lowering Springs, Really good quailty Springs BTW

Got new Fenders because the Original ones werent in the best of shape

Went Sil-Front because JDM!

Painted Sil-Front Black & Got a good deal on a set of SSR Reverse Mesh so I bought them

Needed HP so I sticker bombed my lip...Looking back at this makes me SMH so damn much!

Sold the SSR's & bought some Enkei 92 Mesh off Nieko here on Zilvia

Got tired over being AUTOMATIC & my KA took a Shit, it had very bad Valve seals & would blow out white/gray smoke like CRAZY! So I found a 98 KA with low miles for cheap & some guy gave me a killer deal on a complete 5-Speed swap. So when I got some time off from work I did the 98 KA Swap along with the 5-Speed swap

Sold the Enkei's & Bought OEM Aero Sideskirts & Valances

Then Bought Fortune Auto 500 Series Coils & Riken Mesh...Yeah I had a thing for Mesh's lol

HELLATUCKED BRO!

Did a 5 Lug Swap using J30 Components w/ S14 SE Wheels

Decided to mount my OEM Aero

Said BYE-BYE to Sticker-Bombed Lip 10/2010

Had to keep this sticker, it was a gift from my buddy boobs13 (Richie)

& These were the last pics of my Coupe while it was still together back in March of 2011

& heres when 1JZ came home finally

I'll Leave off here, please stay tuned there alot to catch up one from over a year, more updates coming Soon!

Also Thank you for whoever has took there time to read my Thread! Im open to any Postive or Negative comments...So please chime in

Last edited by jdm2191; 08-06-2012 at 02:08 AM..
jdm2191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Nice to see you finally made a thread for the car, Can't wait to see the build with the 1JZ in it.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #3
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Decided what wheels you gonna go with now?
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:42 PM   #4
coupesallday!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
coupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via MSN to coupesallday!
so you used j30 5 lug hubs?
coupesallday! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:06 PM   #5
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
I dout you remeber me bro but i bought some mud flaps off you a couple months back. In a red hatch. Nice to see the build for that jz you had
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #6
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
Nice to see you finally made a thread for the car, Can't wait to see the build with the 1JZ in it.
Thanks man, if you have any tips or ideas fill me in I know you know your JZ's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinggg View Post
Decided what wheels you gonna go with now?
Not at that moment still debating on what I want? Going to worry about it once the Engine is running
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupesallday! View Post
so you used j30 5 lug hubs?
my previous set up was Full J30 Rear Spindle/LCA/HUB & for the Front the previous owner told me they were "aftermarket"? But have now gone full Z32 Rear & S14 Front

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
I dout you remeber me bro but i bought some mud flaps off you a couple months back. In a red hatch. Nice to see the build for that jz you had
Yeah I remember you thats when I first bought my Daily, that was like a year ago
Old 05-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #7
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Yeah yeah, i sold the hatch and now am building a ls1 vert. Good luck with your build!

I need some new mud flaps by the way ):
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #8
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Yeah yeah, i sold the hatch and now am building a ls1 vert. Good luck with your build!

I need some new mud flaps by the way ):
Dang your Hatch was clean, but the Vert sounds pretty cool though

Yeah I kinda wish I didnt sell them now lol
Old 05-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #9
florante rea
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (43)
florante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to florante rea Send a message via Yahoo to florante rea
Looking good man. Keep it up. As for me im doing 2j na block with gte head. if u have any questions don't hesitate to pm me or text(6019375052). i'm sure other jz swappers are happy to assist and help each other.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #10
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by florante rea View Post
Looking good man. Keep it up. As for me im doing 2j na block with gte head. if u have any questions don't hesitate to pm me or text(6019375052). i'm sure other jz swappers are happy to assist and help each other.
Sweet will do, thanks!

ok so let me rewind you guy back to April of 2011, it was time to take apart my Coupe

I began taking off my Front End

Then started to unlpug, disconnect, pull off, unbolt everything off my good ol' KA to rip it out

Did all this in about 4 hours by myself I thought was pretty fast for one person

WILL UPDATE YOU GUYS AFTER THIS WEEKEND ON THE 1J DIMANTLING, GOING ON VACATION
Old 05-25-2012, 10:11 PM   #11
NJs13_1993
Zilvia Junkie

NJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of light
is this still on lowering springs? if so what inch drop?

NJs13_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:45 AM   #12
Boorito
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Boorito is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would have never sold those SSRs, easily one of my favorite mesh wheels of all time, seeing them on your coupe has me ready to find some p: . Looks like a fun project! Even though mismatch, the wingless trunk and silvia front on your car is making me think I should consider it for mine.
Boorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #13
nsain
Leaky Injector

nsain is an unknown quantity at this point
Builds lookin good bro
nsain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #14
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJs13_1993 View Post
is this still on lowering springs? if so what inch drop?

These were coilovers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boorito View Post
I would have never sold those SSRs, easily one of my favorite mesh wheels of all time, seeing them on your coupe has me ready to find some p: . Looks like a fun project! Even though mismatch, the wingless trunk and silvia front on your car is making me think I should consider it for mine.
Yeah if I was baller enough to keep all the wheels I've ever owned I would ima a pack rat lowkey lol, sometimes I feel like going with a 90's "JDM" look when everyone use to run smaller wheels but now ima just run 17's/18's if can buy some 17in SSR's I would & my car was mismatch because it's really hard to color match Misty Blue Metallic but it's going to be one color after Swap & all my exterior parts are collected just waiting on Mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsain View Post
Builds lookin good bro
Thanks man alot help from you!
Old 05-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #15
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Ok so when I got the 1JZ alot of things were missing & it was filthy! So I did a run down on everyting I need to replace & this is what I found...

It Needed/Missing...

-TPS Sensor
-PS & Bracket
-Tranny
-Clutch kit
-Flywheel
-Motor Mounts
-CPS Sensor
-Ignitor
-Oil Pan Baffle
-Oil Pick up
-Alot of Misc. bolts
-Intercooler
-Intake
-Coil Pack cover
-Sepentine Belt
-Coolant Temp ECU Sensor
-Coolant Temp Guage Sender
-ALT. Pulley
-Starter
-Oil Dipstick & Tube
-1 Engine Hook

Thats what I remember from the top of my head, Alot of hunting around on different forums & on craigslist that I had to do

But before I started my searching for the parts I had to find, I bought a Harbor Freight Engine Stand & went to Ace Hardware & got the right bolts to mount the Engine to the stand

SORRY FOR THE BLURRY PICS TO THESE WERE THE ONLY ONES I TOOK & DIDNT KNOW THEY LOOK LIKE SHIT

DIRTY 1J

THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST?

Then the DISMANTLING, CLEANING & PAINTING BEGAN

After painting Engine, Charge Pipes & Intake manifold

All the Paint used was Rustoleum High Temp Primer/Paint, this was my first time using it so will see how it comes out in the long run?

Dont mind White Valve cover, it has been re-painted

WAY MORE TO COME!

Last edited by jdm2191; 06-04-2012 at 02:26 PM..
Old 05-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #16
Motary
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Motary is making a name for him/her selfMotary is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Motary
That engine looks fresh!
Motary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #17
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
looks good, thats one thing that bugs me, I wish i would have painted the motor stuff when it was out, oh well thats for next time now. lol. are you planning on running A/c and Power steering?
Old 05-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #18
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motary View Post
That engine looks fresh!
Thanks bro, I did the best I could from what it was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
looks good, thats one thing that bugs me, I wish i would have painted the motor stuff when it was out, oh well thats for next time now. lol. are you planning on running A/c and Power steering?
Yeah it was super crusty I had to clean it, but ima run PS but no AC It will be in a future update. Got alot to update from a year ago....
Old 05-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #19
ViciousCesar!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
ViciousCesar! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Looks promising, keep up the good work.
ViciousCesar! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #20
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousCesar! View Post
Looks promising, keep up the good work.
Thanks Cesar
Old 06-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #21
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Ok time for another Update!

Well I needed a tranny to go with my engine & my buddy that sold me the engine also had a extra R154 Toyota Tranny from a US MKIII Supra, so he cut me a deal on it & I picked it up

The R154 was in good shape went into the gears smooth, just real dirty like the engine. It also use to be mated to a 7M so I needed a R154 to 1JZ Bellhousing & also a Extended Shifter Housing to suit a S13. It also was missing a Reverse Sensor & a Rear MKIII ABS Sensor (which I wont need)

So the first things first I cleaned down the Tranny (sorry for crappy pics)

Then took off the 7M Bellhousing that I wont Need & Painted the tranny High Temp Aluminum

Too make my Tranny Complete I needed a JDM 1JZ Bellhousing & a Extended Shifter Housing, well also being a SupraMania.com Member I posted a WTB Thread for the Bellhousing & Shifter Extension & quickly got a PM for both items & got some awesome deals that I couldnt even think twice about so Items were paypal'd & shipped to me...
(only pic I have of Housing)

when changing to the Extended Housing you need to crack the tranny in half

I also bought a MARLIN CRAWLER Shifter Socket & Washer from DriftMotion so my shifter can have a New firm feel

After doing all that with the Extending Housing & Shifter I installed the JDM 1JZ Bellhousing

Almost looks complete Still need a New Tranny Mount, Reverse Sensor & need to block of the Rear ABS Port
Old 06-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #22
florante rea
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (43)
florante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to florante rea Send a message via Yahoo to florante rea
I am lookiNg for a flywheel and bellhousing also, i may settle for a new ones since i missed all the Sale on supra forums
Old 06-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #23
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by florante rea View Post
I am lookiNg for a flywheel and bellhousing also, i may settle for a new ones since i missed all the Sale on supra forums
Well you can Get a DriftMotion Lightweight Flywheel its one of the best ones you can buy, & also can get a OEM bellhousing from Driftmotion my buddy just got his bellhousing from Driftmotion about a Month ago

But I always have better luck on supramania then on supraforums, SM is a more 1JZ Friendly site compared to the "baller" MKIV 2JZ "only" supraforums. Just post a WTB Thread you might get lucky
Old 06-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #24
jdm2191
Post Whore!

UPDATE

On 1JZ's & 2JZ's the AC Pump supports the PS pump, & from what I've heard you can't just take off the AC Pump & leave the PS with no bottom support. Some people have said they have no play with the PS basically just dangling it sounded to sketchy so I didnt do it. Also another trick i've heard is leave the AC Pump & take off the pulley, but I didnt want to do either so I made a bracket

I made the Bracket of out a flate peice of Steel

Painted the bracket High Temp Black

How they look mounted just needed shorter bolts

Last edited by jdm2191; 06-10-2012 at 08:35 PM..
Old 06-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #25
EnjoiJoel
Leaky Injector

EnjoiJoel is an unknown quantity at this point
nice fool!!!
EnjoiJoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #26
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoiJoel View Post
nice fool!!!
Thanks Joel
Old 06-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #27
holslut s13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (10)
holslut s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Great build thread going on here, I like where its going. Are you going to run the stock twins? I just tucked my drivers side harness recently and found out through doing it twice that the plastic wireloom(yours is still intact)will absolutely need to be removed if you want your fender to line up correctly. And with those conduit type brackets your using, that fender will not fit at all! Just some advice from my own mistake.
holslut s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #28
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dang saw thread title and thought a JDM motor swapped Cady with a stick lol.....
Old 06-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #29
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holslut s13 View Post
Great build thread going on here, I like where its going. Are you going to run the stock twins? I just tucked my drivers side harness recently and found out through doing it twice that the plastic wireloom(yours is still intact)will absolutely need to be removed if you want your fender to line up correctly. And with those conduit type brackets your using, that fender will not fit at all! Just some advice from my own mistake.
Thanks bro & as of right now im keeping the twins but on the fender harness that has all been changed stay tuned for my update
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Riding View Post
Dang saw thread title and thought a JDM motor swapped Cady with a stick lol.....
L M A O! But yeah I think alot of people have been thinking that I just wanted to give it a semi funny title...thats my nick name I gave my Coupe since its "so gangsta" haha

Last edited by jdm2191; 06-14-2012 at 08:21 PM..
Old 06-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #30
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Small Update

Picked a new Engine gasket set from DriftMotion & a Brand new Turbo Gasket set (pretty rare from what i've heard?) from a member on Club Lexus. Also a Tech2 One piece Steel Driveshaft

Then had my Valve Cover repainted Wrinkle Gray from my buddy Jesse (babyjesus) from Gallarbro's Garage

Then installed new Turbo gaskets as well as most of the other gaskets from my gasket set