Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:08 AM   #61
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
CHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hopefully I can finish the wiring for the engine today!

CHiNo4ReaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2017, 10:50 AM   #62
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Keep it up man!
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 03:54 PM   #63
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

CHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura about
Some more updates.

Enginebay almost done, just need to mount my fuel pressure regulator and some vacuum hoses.
Bleeded the brakes today, also replaced the steering arms for Tein arms.
Also mounted my exhaust back, so almost everything done.
Maybe gonna try to start it tomorrow. fingers crossed haha

Old 06-14-2017, 07:11 AM   #64
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Last weekend made my first drive again after 1.5 year Only need to bleed the clutch a bit more

Also got my interior back in

Just a quick testfit of the front, love it the front/side windows will be placed tomorrow. So then I can mount the front back.
don't mind the corner light and grill, they are not secured in place.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:34 AM   #65
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
I hate you for how close together your updates are, but I love the progress being made, keep it up!
Old 06-14-2017, 10:44 PM   #66
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
almost there.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:54 AM   #67
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Almost :P

Did alot of work last weekend to get the car finished for MOT on monday (annual car safety and emission check to get the car legally on the streets)

Will mount the sideskirts and rear spats later, as I will be taking out the engine again

Also needed to move the rear fog light, as the JDM bumper doesn't got a light unit like the EUDM bumper.

Also fixed the problem about no antenna, got a DAB+ radio now with bluetooth carkit options.

I'm happy with the alcantara-ish headliner, maybe also changing the grey bits but that is for later.

Monday it was time for the MOT check.
The rubbers of the rear buttom shocks were worn out. Didn't see that.
Luckily a fellow SXOC wanted to borrow me his rear shocks so I could still pass the MOT test asap, so in the mean time I can get new rubbers for my own shocks.

so yes, now I can finally drive legally on the streets.
Yesterday I drove to my friend who is gonna rebuild my engine, so now the car sits there like this
Old 06-21-2017, 06:48 AM   #68
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

I'm noticing with my widebody front fenders that the oem bumper isn't quite wide enough to fit did you do anything special to get your front bumper to fit?
Old 06-21-2017, 06:52 AM   #69
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Do you have picture of your car?

I got 20mm+ front fenders, did nothing special with my front bumper.
Just oem like I got it. My other OEM bumper also fits with no problems.
I think that my front fender is only a bit wider on top of the wheel arch and not the full front fender?

Last edited by CHiNo4ReaL; 06-21-2017 at 07:23 AM..
Old 06-21-2017, 08:03 AM   #70
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
WOW it looks amazing!

Great work.
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:24 AM   #71
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Thanks!

No way back

Old 06-29-2017, 09:30 AM   #72
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I just went through this entire build while at work. This is high quality stuff. A shining example of an S-chassis done right.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:22 AM   #73
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Thanks for your words!

The engine build is coming along.
For 300.000km = +/- 186.411 miles the cylinders and pistons were in a pretty good shape.
The crank bearings did got some wear, but hey the engine is used good so not so strange. The crank is also still good so no need to work on that.
For the rebuild I got forged parts, new oil/water pump and more parts to have a fresh engine again and ready for more power.

Also did some VHT wrinkle on the valve cover, love it!

Now we are waiting for the refurbished head, then the engine itself can be assembled again. Hopefully this weekend!
Old 06-30-2017, 09:50 AM   #74
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

That's the exact same finish i love on all my valve covers. wrinkle black with "machined" letters.

great work!
Old 07-06-2017, 01:47 AM   #75
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Yeah me too, just a bit oem-ish. My old cover was al bad haha. Thanks!

How it was

Tomei

The engine is also back together, love the new look.
Now we only need to fix the piping and inlet, as I don't need the MAF anymore because of the MAP sensor together with the PowerFC.
Also mounted the oil cooler and relocation kit on its place.

Old 07-11-2017, 03:17 PM   #76
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Last saturday the car was finally finished!
The guys from SP-customs did a great job, finished the engine, wired the PowerFC up and did some custom work.
Did the engine break-in in 3 days, so today they changed the cheap oil to Fuchs oil and connected the oil cooler.
Now it is waiting until friday the 21th for the mapping session! Can't wait.

After that i'm gonna mount the skirts and spats. For now i'm leaving it like this

Old 07-11-2017, 03:32 PM   #77
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

I can Fuchs with this.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:38 AM   #78
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

LOOKS FRIGGIN EPIC!

Do you plan on putting the Kouki side skirts back on?
Old 07-12-2017, 07:05 AM   #79
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Thanks!

I got Navan sideskirts and JDM rear spats ready to mount to complete the exterior. Also need to mount my window deflectors.
This saturday there will be a new front windscreen placed, so maybe i'm taking the whole front off or only the hood.. not sure yet. After that I'm gonna mount the skirts.

Old 07-18-2017, 04:03 PM   #80
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Last saturday I finally got my new windscreen placed.
It was very hard to find, they had to get if from the United Kingdom and that was the last one that they got.

Tonight I finally spend some time to mount my skirts/spats.

Next friday it is engine mapping time!
Old 07-19-2017, 08:37 AM   #81
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Man that thing looks perfect now! Love it! This is motivation for me to get my S14 to body and paint once my garage space frees up!
Old 07-19-2017, 12:19 PM   #82
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Old 07-19-2017, 08:34 PM   #83
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
This is quite the build! I love everything that you've done so far!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:47 PM   #84
averyglass
Leaky Injector

averyglass is an unknown quantity at this point
Beautiful man! Just followed you on Instagram. Im doing my own build here now, will start a write up soon!
averyglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:05 AM   #85
EJ8 944
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
EJ8 944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Outstanding turn out!
EJ8 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 02:37 PM   #86
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by averyglass View Post
Beautiful man! Just followed you on Instagram. Im doing my own build here now, will start a write up soon!
Thanks! Followed back, will check it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundredoctane View Post
Man that thing looks perfect now! Love it! This is motivation for me to get my S14 to body and paint once my garage space frees up!
Happy to hear that!

Yesterday it was finally dyno mapping time,.

Final result, 350hp/443nm at 1.25 bar (304whp).
There is room for more, but then it would be better to upgrade the manifold. I want an Tomei manifold, then I can go for a bit more boost. For now just enjoy the car and drive it (hard) :P.

Here a small dynorun pull, the mic didn't captured the sound great but it is just for the idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwqSH7a0m60

After the dyno session a friend took some nice pics

Old 07-22-2017, 03:18 PM   #87
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Absolutely stunning ride.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:43 AM   #88
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
can go a little lower it looks like.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 02:22 AM   #89
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

It could, but I like the height so not needed

I drive the car normally on the streets so I don't want it to bumpy, plus we got alot of speed bumps here haha.
If I go more lower I also need to set the coilovers stiffer otherwise my fenders will not survive it
Old 07-24-2017, 07:46 AM   #90
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!