Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Eastern States

North Eastern States Connecticut, Maine, Massachussettes, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:48 PM   #1
subyracer05
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
subyracer05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
North Shore Mass, NEED HELP!!

Hey guys,

Anyone live near the North Shore Ma. area that is good with sr motors. I could use some serious help. I just have a s13 with a blacktop sr stock turbo, but it has a bov, boost controller, intake, turbo timer and a few other things. I actually traded a lifted truck for it so I did not do the swap myself.

For a while the car ran ok. Would lag and run super rich. I checked for boost and vacuum leaks and did not seem to find anything. I noticed that my o2 was not plugged in so yesterday I tried to hard wire my o2 back in and it did not seem to help. Checked my maf to find nothing. Unglugged the maf and the car ran like garbage.

So what it is doing now, it starts up fine idles high 1500-2000 rpm does come down a little once its warm. Drives ok untill i give it some, once its about to boost it bogs way down and just backfires. Does not boost really at all. The car has never idled well, and I just want this all fixed. I ordered plugs and am doing those tomorrow, fuel filter is new, not sure how old the fuel pump or injectors are. Is there anything else I should check?!?!

If anyone at all could help, it would be very very much appreciate. If you live in the area and could come help (I live in rockport) Ill buy beer or food or whatever. JUST NEED HELP!!!! thanks in advance and please let me know.

-Ian
subyracer05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2014, 08:31 PM   #2
subyracer05
Leaky Injector

ok guys good news and bad news. I read a ton today and figured out a way to pull codes off my stock e5 ecu. got home and took the car for a drive. got the ecu to tell me what code it was.... turns out it was NOTHING... haha nothing my ecu is reading everything electronically fine?!? so now im turning my attention back to either a boost leak or vacuum leak... anyone know the best way about finding a vacuum leak? lmk thanks
Old 01-03-2015, 07:34 AM   #3
HedgeHog

HedgeHog is an unknown quantity at this point
I live down in Salem and I'm glad to see a fellow North Shore Zilvia member around.

If this is still an issue, I think that it could be the MAF sensor. Have you tried cleaning it or replacing it?
HedgeHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:41 AM   #4
HedgeHog

HedgeHog is an unknown quantity at this point
Also, I would love to check out the car... Been a while since I've seen a blacktop SR20 in a hatch... Hit me up if you want to meet up!
HedgeHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:49 AM   #5
subyracer05
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
Also, I would love to check out the car... Been a while since I've seen a blacktop SR20 in a hatch... Hit me up if you want to meet up!
All fixed! been fixed for a while now, after plugs, maf, o2, wiring harness, oil change and a few other things shes running like a champ. Its away for the winter but it will be around come spring.
Old 04-03-2016, 10:16 PM   #6
Southie240

Southie240 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm in south Boston if u ever need help ,glad u got it all figured out
Southie240 is offline   Reply With Quote