Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:24 PM   #1
inlineesiixxx

Trader Rating: (0)
inlineesiixxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Windshield wipers...

My windshield wipers won't work.. When i turn them to the on position they will twitch, but then they are still and i can hear a click every so often that should be telling the motor to function, but nothing happens. I have tried replacing the motor, i have checked the blue relay behind the fuse box and neither of those made a difference. i have not checked the switch & I'm not sure of its function. if i can hear it clicking does that mean the switch is working? whats wrong with my wipers?? please help I'm tired of dreading the rain!
inlineesiixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2014, 08:03 PM   #2
RedtopTech
Zilvia Member

RedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud of
There is a small green box box behind the drivers side front strut tower. That box is an amplifier for the wiper motor. Give that thing a tap and see if they start working again. If that doesnt do the trick then get yourself a voltmeter and see if the motor is getting B+. If so, next you would check for a voltage drop on the ground wire. Put one lead to the ground wire (through the backside of the wiper motor connector) with the connector plugged in. Put your other lead on the negative battery terminal. With the ignition on and the wipers on highspeed record your voltage reading. If you see any more than a couple mV then you have a ground issue. Easy fix for that though, just hardwire it straight to ground. Good luck friend!
RedtopTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:45 AM   #3
inlineesiixxx

inlineesiixxx is an unknown quantity at this point
alright sweet ill start there!
inlineesiixxx is offline   Reply With Quote