Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 10-01-2015, 05:20 PM   #1
Stormagedon

Trader Rating: (0)
Stormagedon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 to z32 brake booster

Hey, everyone I know that the boosters are enter-changeable but in my rush to start a build I sold everything a few years ago. After realizing how much of an idiot I was I couldn't find the brake booster and figured I sold that too. I'm going 300zx brakes so I figured why not just get the booster with it. Now i'm stuck and I would really like to get some measurements form someone with the correct booster.

If any of you would like to help out and post some pictures of the brake booster 's threaded rod lengths (i know i have to cut them for the z32). As well as a picture of the pedal adjustment arm length so i know how long its supposed to be. It can be something as simple as a top down picture with a tape measure coming from the back where the firewall is.

Thank you ahead of time for all your help.
Stormagedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2015, 11:55 AM   #2
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
It is a brake booster. Use an S13/S14 one, dont change anything, job done.
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:18 PM   #3
Stormagedon

^Thanks for being constructive.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:18 PM   #4
AzS13hatch
Leaky Injector

AzS13hatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Curious why you want to run a different booster and do modifications to it, when the stock one is just fine. It's the master cylinder that makes a real difference. Sorry, I can't help you with measurements, good luck.
AzS13hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:28 PM   #5
Stormagedon

I sold my brake lines, booster and bmc from my s13 3 years ago, I was planning on switching to the chasebay booster eliminator. Since its time to finish the project off and do my 5 lug swap and z32 brakes I decided to re-look up the chasebay product and everyone said it sucks. This lead me to try and figure out how to get another booster and which bmc to get. I found a bmc from a z32 on craigslist and he included the booster for 50$, i figured if it was compatible i should just make it work.

Update to original question, I figured it out through trial and error and when I go to finish painting and I pull it out, i'll post the lengths.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:36 PM   #6
AzS13hatch
Leaky Injector

Ah makes sense if you have already bought one when buying the master as a pair. Glad you got it all figured out.

As for the booster delete, it is really hard thing to mess up. Now as far as having manual brakes goes, to each their own. I don't want them, but I also don't have an issue with stiff pedal feel that you get from it. It's a little more leg work, but the feedback you get is said to be direct as opposed to with a booster.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:49 PM   #7
Stormagedon

Yeah, I'm doing a 2jz swap and I read on some reviews that when using manual brakes you loose the "oh sh*t" option to slam on your brakes. I figured with the added weight and power the last thing I want is to not be able to stop on the highway in case of an emergency.

Plus the bmc from chasebay had some issues form a previous user so i needed to spend 199 to buy a new one anyway. It was just as economical to try this and make new hard lines.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:41 AM   #8
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzS13hatch View Post
Ah makes sense if you have already bought one when buying the master as a pair. Glad you got it all figured out.

As for the booster delete, it is really hard thing to mess up. Now as far as having manual brakes goes, to each their own. I don't want them, but I also don't have an issue with stiff pedal feel that you get from it. It's a little more leg work, but the feedback you get is said to be direct as opposed to with a booster.
No booster is fine on light (1000lbs) car. Not ours. It is so stiff you need very soft brake pads to compensate... Everyone i know who went booster delete ended up putting it in again.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:14 PM   #9
AzS13hatch
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croustibat View Post
No booster is fine on light (1000lbs) car. Not ours. It is so stiff you need very soft brake pads to compensate... Everyone i know who went booster delete ended up putting it in again.
My roommate went booster delete(s13 coupe) and has no issues with it. I haven't driven his car(since booster delete) so I don't have personal experience but he likes it.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:09 PM   #10
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

I am talking about braking efficiency, not "liking how it feels". I very much doubt your roommate tracks his car.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:19 PM   #11
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
No booster is fine with some good pads that arent autozone shit.

Use a z32 master cylinder and s13 manual trans brake booster, there is no sense whatsoever in trying to convert the booster unless you have a specific mechanical reason to
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:59 PM   #12
AzS13hatch
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croustibat View Post
I am talking about braking efficiency, not "liking how it feels". I very much doubt your roommate tracks his car.
Maybe a track only, or primarily track car. But for most of the s chassis community, booster delete is most definitely about how it feels, and of course they must actually stop the car. But honestly I don't care, I'm not getting rid of mine. My roommate drifts his car, no time attack or auto x or anything.