Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:23 PM   #1
ShawnAchari0430

Trader Rating: (0)
ShawnAchari0430 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Turbo Problem?

So I have an s15 Sr and its running like shit recently. Car doesn't idle very well, blows smoke and oil or gas outta the back, still get boost. i have some oil in my intercooler piping, can only redline on 1st cant go over 4000-4500 on anyother gears and its always smelling like gas in my car. Gas milage is horrible. Some people tell me turbo, others tell me ecu the is in limp mode. Please help. I've been Stuck with this problem for 2 months now.
ShawnAchari0430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2016, 10:33 PM   #2
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Well oil in the intercooler piping screams turbo unless you're getting a ton of blow by. Is the oil dripping through the hose that connects to intake pipe?
Old 03-02-2016, 10:34 PM   #3
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sounds as if your turbo seals are gone and it's leaking oil into the engine and piping.
Also, check your spark plugs.

My suggestion is to take what you can apart and clean it to see if that makes a difference.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:43 PM   #4
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Turbo needs a rebuild. Its pushing oil.
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:16 PM   #5
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Stock engine stock injector? Red injector?

IF it was ran hard enough (18psi+) to blow the OEM turbo and has the stock red 440 injector then the engine deck could be/is also pitted up from detonation. Just something to think about, the block might be trash already.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:15 PM   #6
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Stop driving it/turning it on.
Pull that turbo out and check shit out
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote