Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-27-2015, 12:32 AM   #1
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Am I insane? I think I've gone insane.

Consolidated the receipts over the past 2 seasons into an excel workbook and made it reflect the project budget, total to date, and remaining budget for my current s13 coupe. Some stuff got carried over from my last coupe, but most of it is new.

The workbook does NOT include:
Alignments
Street pads/rotors, thermostats, fluids and other basic maintenance.
Wheels & Tires
Cost of the shell
Cost of my bricks, hood and front bumper because they came with the shell
Tires consumed during/oil changes after an event.

Note: The formulas were adjusted to exclude the price of my new helmet.

Ugh. This hobby is bad for my health, 11k of junk into an old s-chassis. Stupid cars. /drunkrant

bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2015, 12:34 AM   #2
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
lol only $10k?

sheeeeit.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:39 AM   #3
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
lol only $10k?

sheeeeit.
Seriously.

I can name just a handful of parts on my S13 that add up to more than $10k.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:47 AM   #4
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
lol only $10k?

sheeeeit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Seriously.

I can name just a handful of parts on my S13 that add up to more than $10k.
I thought I was doing OK on keeping it under 5k... but I doubled that in one season!! 11k in one season! And I have nothing to show for it. Its not like I have anything fancy in there either...
Old 01-27-2015, 01:03 AM   #5
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
<---------- could have bought a GTR (that is, if i wanted an automatic)
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:07 AM   #6
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

I could have had a decent s2000...
Old 01-27-2015, 08:23 AM   #7
blkvrtswp
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
blkvrtswp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I'm right there with you, buddy! My advice is to never make a full list like that.....

There is only one thing to do when you dump so much into a car - trade with some other fool who did the same thing!

I mean, you could wave $12k in front of my face and I still would not sell you my 'vert.
blkvrtswp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:35 AM   #8
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Never add up your auto spending.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:41 AM   #9
Skilz10179
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Skilz10179 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I spent about 15 on my car in 2014, makes my head spin...
Old 01-27-2015, 09:55 AM   #10
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy View Post
I could have had a decent s2000...
I think about this ALL THE TIME. Everyday, I see less point in modding an S-Chassis when there are a number of cars 10+ years newer available for the cost that it takes to make a 240 decent. I mean, cars that could keep most ppl happy in bonestock form, at least for a little while... You're almost knocking on the door of turbo BMW money, too.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:15 AM   #11
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Lol @ Grip Royal steering wheel.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:39 AM   #12
slideslidegnarslide
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
slideslidegnarslide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Don't feel bad. I'm up around 10k and still need paint tune alignment and some odds and ends. All said and done I'm sure I'll be close to 15k and the car really isn't that cool
slideslidegnarslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:47 AM   #13
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Never add up your auto spending.
This.

You can kinda ballpark and add things around, but when you bust out the excel spreadsheet; you are treading on dangerous waters. I'm sitting around $20k into my car that is currently nothing but a shell. If I created an excel sheet like you just did it would probably be much worse than my $20k estimate. Ain't nobody got time for that!
Old 01-27-2015, 10:47 AM   #14
Levan. B
Zilvia Junkie

Levan. B is an unknown quantity at this point
I've spent more than that for just paint on my two cars. Lol. It does suck.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:56 AM   #15
Trinidrift3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Trinidrift3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Don't tell the lady, she'll beat yo ass black and blue!
Old 01-27-2015, 11:04 AM   #16
angel mkiv
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
angel mkiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Dam in just the past 2 years I've spent well over 25k into mine..and it doesn't even run..I've been wanting to add up everything and get a actual number but I'm scared on how it will change me..
Old 01-27-2015, 11:10 AM   #17
claine650
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
claine650 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Couple K in the last week, that's just to start bringing the car back from cheap street and Jerry rig Avenue The PO drove down.
nothing compared to the ballers and big money makers around. All about priorities, as long as spending on your hobby and passion doesn't hurt loved ones I'd say keep on spending baby!..... and drinking.... [emoji4]
claine650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:20 AM   #18
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
I dunno about all this out of control spending. I got into 240's because you used to not be able to beat their bang for your buck bargain basement performance potential. But now, all the cars we used to set as our 240 builds performance benchmarks have decreased in price to the point that buying them might actually be cheaper & more enjoyable than building a mild 240. IMO, the new bang for your buck performance kings are the S2000 & E36 M3. A $10k 240 MIGHT be able to keep up with them in stock form, but it's doubtful if that 240 will be much to look at. But when you throw a turbo on those two... dear god... watch out. Factory forged engine internals & modern/track ready chassis for under $10k...
Old 01-27-2015, 11:34 AM   #19
slideslidegnarslide
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
slideslidegnarslide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
^^ this I've been highly considering backing out of the s chassis world and getting into to a more modern chassis. But I love it and I've spent over a year sourcing parts from literally all over the world. Idk if I can just cut ties with it
slideslidegnarslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:35 AM   #20
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Lol @ Grip Royal steering wheel.
Yea, I'm getting over it.
I'm trying to find a Nardi Gara with the horn pad, but its like pulling teeth.

It'll have to do for now though.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:42 AM   #21
iRONDONkey
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
iRONDONkey is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
really dumb decisions lol

11k is a good amount to invest and make you more money.
iRONDONkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:43 AM   #22
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideslidegnarslide View Post
Don't feel bad. I'm up around 10k and still need paint tune alignment and some odds and ends. All said and done I'm sure I'll be close to 15k and the car really isn't that cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I dunno about all this out of control spending. I got into 240's because you used to not be able to beat their bang for your buck bargain basement performance potential. But now, all the cars we used to set as our 240 builds performance benchmarks have decreased in price to the point that buying them might actually be cheaper & more enjoyable than building a mild 240. IMO, the new bang for your buck performance kings are the S2000 & E36 M3. A $10k 240 MIGHT be able to keep up with them in stock form, but it's doubtful if that 240 will be much to look at. But when you throw a turbo on those two... dear god... watch out. Factory forged engine internals & modern/track ready chassis for under $10k...

Bingo.. just under 13k all said and done. and its not like I have a car with crazy, baller, over the top stuff.

If only I had the bank roll... Ohlins Coilovers on both cars, P-Fc and tune for the s13, KMS standalone and carbon airbox to open the ITB's on my e30..

And then I'm still stuck with a pair of 22+ y/o cars that are way outdated as far as motorsport is concerned.

Last edited by bataangpinoy; 01-27-2015 at 01:51 PM..
Old 01-27-2015, 11:49 AM   #23
SaUcEy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (8)
SaUcEy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Yea... I have a similar parts list. Its awesome to keep track of everything, I just dont write down the prices... lolol
SaUcEy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:55 AM   #24
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRONDONkey View Post
really dumb decisions lol

11k is a good amount to invest and make you more money.
bruh thats what motivated me to track my expenses. If i had the money combined from both cars, I would have done well in the market.. and have money in a Roth IRA..
Old 01-27-2015, 12:12 PM   #25
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, but you can't drift a Roth IRA.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:15 PM   #26
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
dluevanos01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
lol only $10k?

sheeeeit.
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel mkiv View Post
Dam in just the past 2 years I've spent well over 25k into mine..and it doesn't even run..I've been wanting to add up everything and get a actual number but I'm scared on how it will change me..
my advise is don't do it unless you absolutely have to. I did it to calculate an amount to add to my insurance policy and had to show proof of receipts. Long story short I haven't bought anything for my car in two months lol
Old 01-27-2015, 01:18 PM   #27
NoFlex
Zilvia Member

NoFlex is an unknown quantity at this point
ive spent about $10k withing the last 18 months into my vert.
NoFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:38 PM   #28
dontxploitme
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
dontxploitme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
my buddy spent $10k in about 3 months on his car lol
dontxploitme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:44 PM   #29
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
nevermind the dollars wasted.

how about the 12 years i've wasted on zilvia...
Old 01-27-2015, 02:51 PM   #30
angel mkiv
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
angel mkiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
nevermind the dollars wasted.

how about the 12 years i've wasted on zilvia...
Dammm...that's deep.