Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-12-2016, 04:59 AM   #1
skuph

Trader Rating: (0)
skuph is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need Help Diagnosing

I just got my ka rebuilt and i went to go get a smog check as i was pulling out of the drive way i heard a loud grind trying to reverse . I immediately shut the car off, started it a couple minutes later and no noise so i took off as i was driving i noticed a bit of a grind shifting in between gears, i pulled up to the station and the grinding began again so i pulled into a neighborhood and parked.
I'm stuck on what this problem could be, any ideas? i didn't have this problem before my engine got rebuilt and the clutch was still in decent condition.
The car will go into gear while off but once i turn it on it will grind going into gear and also while i try to drive it. any help would be great.
I apologize if this has been covered already but i haven't found a thread on my exact problem
skuph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2016, 09:13 AM   #2
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Trans has fluid? Diff has fluid?
Master and slave function properly? Clutch releases from pp and fw? Try starting the car with trans in gear clutch in. Well you could need to replace the clutch. So do some slipping clutch test. Of course, something could be broken, but who would most likely find it?

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 11:38 AM   #3
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
When you hear the grinding, can the car move under its own power? Or no movement and just grinding?
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 01:38 PM   #4
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
You should start and check if the transmission has gear oil in it, then would start checking clutch master fluid level.
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 08:01 PM   #5
POScoupe
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
POScoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Does it grind all the time when your in gear? Does it grind just when your just shifting? How about when the clutch is engaged or disengaged? To expect someone to try to figure out a problem, especially over the internet the more details about your issue the better, less guess work on our end and less throwing parts at the problem/wrong diagnosis. Just pay attention to what your doing when it happens.
POScoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 05:18 AM   #6
skuph

Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
When you hear the grinding, can the car move under its own power? Or no movement and just grinding?
Yeah the car can move under its own power but i can only go foward a couple feet and then the grinding will start so i shut off the car
Old 11-13-2016, 05:31 AM   #7
skuph

Quote:
Originally Posted by POScoupe View Post
Does it grind all the time when your in gear? Does it grind just when your just shifting? How about when the clutch is engaged or disengaged? To expect someone to try to figure out a problem, especially over the internet the more details about your issue the better, less guess work on our end and less throwing parts at the problem/wrong diagnosis. Just pay attention to what your doing when it happens.
Yeah its grinds constantly when in gear and when i try to shift into gear. It only grinds when engaged but when in neutral its perfectly fine and no grinding, even to get it into gear i have to turn the car off put it in 1st and then turn the car back on
Old 11-13-2016, 11:33 AM   #8
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Genius

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote