Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:30 PM   #1
Datsun freak

Trader Rating: (0)
Datsun freak is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA KA24E with DE ECU Distributor RE-CLOCKIN 360deg to 180 def

Can anyone shine in with some information on how to re-clock the ka24e distributor into a 180deg instead of the 360 deg that it is stock.

Yes I searched and came up with very little on this topic

I’m running a ka24et on a dual cam ecu

My setup
Ka24e stock
T3/T4 turbonetics
Tail 1 bar wastehate
Presicion injectors 880cc low impudence
Z32 mafs
V mount intercooler
Dual cam ecu Tuned by Jim Wolf
Apexi safc
Aem 355 fuel pump inline

Car runs fine and makes good power As is with the 360 deg configuration ,but I fight temps my timing is off .

I know just call jim wolf I did and have sent a distributor in to them but it’s been about 3 weeks and it still hasn’t even been started to Be worked on . I’m going to assume they are busy and it might be a while before I get it back.

At this point I’m debating just squash the Jim wolf ecu and go mega squirt or anything else that I don’t have to rely on someone’s like this, just a shame I’ve spent a lot of time and it finally running decently I’d hate to start all over .

I really don’t want to wait anymore,

Hope someone can help me out

Thanks for the help
Datsun freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2018, 09:13 AM   #2
Datsun freak

Datsun freak is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down

Update going back to stock ecu ,injectors and mafs in hopes I can drive the car around just low boost .

Jim Wolf ecu is now for sale if anyone is interested , if not going in the trash it’s useless to me like this .

Going to be getting a mega squirt this week and just forget all about the Jim wolf ecu ,

If anyone is thinking about going with Jim wolf for anything be ready to wait a few months . I don’t think I’ll ever bother with any products from them ever again. Very disappointed that I waited pretty much a month for a distributor reclock and I still haven’t got it back . Originally was told it would take a week .
Datsun freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 09:42 PM   #3
p00t
Leaky Injector

p00t is an unknown quantity at this point
I really am not sure what is going on in this post.

If the CAS disc was physically 180 degrees different the car wouldn't run. If the engine crank degrees were 180 degrees different I am doubting it would run. You said the car was running, how much is the timing really off? Did you check with a timing light?

Are you sure the oil pump was installed correctly and not one tooth off?

The CAS disc patterns are very similar so I am not sure how it would be so different?

Are you trying to use a DE ECU that has a DE tune? That would be tragic. Unacceptable even.