Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-26-2007, 03:24 PM   #1
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Good camber plates.

I'm looking for good camber plates to use with a ground control and koni strut setup.

I was planning on getting Tein plates, but i was told that you lose shock travel with them.

Does anyone have any suggestions or info?
murda-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2007, 11:41 PM   #2
Aoshi112
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Aoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aoshi112
Ask ground control. I think they're supposed to have some camber plates for the s13.

or you can just use some Tein camber plates.
Aoshi112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 12:03 AM   #3
veilside180sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
veilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you will lose a little suspension travel with the tein plates, but it's not a deal breaker in my book. The best are going to be the Noltec or HKS that are both camber and caster adjustable. GC are nice as well.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:20 AM   #4
blownmotor
Zilvia Junkie

blownmotor is on the path to ruinblownmotor is on the path to ruin
there's cusco also
blownmotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 05:50 AM   #5
veilside180sx
Zilvia Junkie

veilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to all
The Cusco's work fine, but are more expensive than the Tein (FWIW I have Cusco's on my Sentra currently) and only adjust camber.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:28 AM   #6
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
SHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Not to hijack or anything, but can Tein plates be used with pretty much any shock/strut setup? I want some camber adjustability with my AGX/Sportlines without having to spend the cash on coilovers, but online shops that sell camber plates (like Tein) usually have some sort of disclaimer saying that they might not work with some aftermarket struts...
Old 12-27-2007, 06:31 AM   #7
overb0ost
Zilvia Junkie

overb0ost is a splendid one to beholdoverb0ost is a splendid one to beholdoverb0ost is a splendid one to beholdoverb0ost is a splendid one to beholdoverb0ost is a splendid one to beholdoverb0ost is a splendid one to beholdoverb0ost is a splendid one to beholdoverb0ost is a splendid one to beholdoverb0ost is a splendid one to beholdoverb0ost is a splendid one to beholdoverb0ost is a splendid one to behold
are all or most coilovers with camber plates interchangeable with other coilovers? if not, how do you determine it?

my friend has some blown zeals (basic) and i was wondering if i could use his camber plates on my Stance coils.
overb0ost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 06:33 AM   #8
veilside180sx
Zilvia Junkie

Tophat design and bearing ID will dictate for the most part whether or not it's usable.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:43 AM   #9
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
Dirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside180sx View Post
The Cusco's work fine, but are more expensive than the Tein (FWIW I have Cusco's on my Sentra currently) and only adjust camber.
Good point.
A buddy of mine has the cusco's on agx/rsr's and he loves em.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:35 AM   #10
gunluvS14
Zilvia Member

gunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura about
I had Tein plate on AGX/Tein setup... works great.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:06 PM   #11
bigOdom1
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
bigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i have the spl parts on my koni/GC
bigOdom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:07 PM   #12
Spring Break '92
Zilvia Member

Spring Break '92 can only hope to improve
Does anyone know if the Tein or Cusco plates will work with the Koni yellow struts?
Spring Break '92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:39 PM   #13
Clowny
Leaky Injector

Clowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Clowny Send a message via Yahoo to Clowny
try techno toy tuning. theirs are pretty good from what i hear.
Clowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:02 AM   #14
Spring Break '92
Zilvia Member

Spring Break '92 can only hope to improve
You guys should check this blog out:
240sx Camber Plates

From what it says the Tein plates give you 16mm more travel over OEM, and the TechnoToy gives even more, yet the TechnoToy can apparently only be used with coilovers that run a smaller diameter spring. So those are out for me.

Quote:
"The Tein camber (the gold one) plate moves the top of the shock up just over 16mm from the oem strut mount location. This is with the stock supplied bushings. If you are running coilovers, you can reduce the length of those bushings from 15mm to 7mm. In effect, adding more shock travel to the tune of 24mm over the oem plates. The Techno Toy Tuning plate(Red plates, and from here on, referred to as T^3) moves the top of the strut up another 14mm. This plate moves the strut up 38mm over the oem location (additional travel!). Again, this means you could lower the car 38mm with this plate and retain the factory strut travel.

Does anyone have experience with both the Tein and the Cusco plates? I am curious to know which one of the two provides the most travel.
Spring Break '92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:22 PM   #15
yudalicious
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
yudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I was going to get egay camber plates, and replace the bearings in them w/ high quality ones when tehy wear out. But I found out that the T^3 camber plates use FK or aurora bearings, so I think I might give them a shot.
yudalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:08 AM   #16
wolfgangstbd
Leaky Injector

wolfgangstbd is on a distinguished road
isnt techno toy tuning more of a toyota company??.. but if not my brother has his camber plates on agx's they work greatbut are only camber adjustable
wolfgangstbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:21 AM   #17
clark
Zilvia FREAK!

clark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfection
i have a set of used JDM cusco camber plates that came with my front clip for sale.

premie love $60
clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:58 AM   #18
breakneckspeeds

breakneckspeeds is an unknown quantity at this point
clark

clark, do u have an s13 or s14 interested in camber plates
breakneckspeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:42 PM   #19
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
anyone else running RS*R coilovers? i am in need of some decent camber plates, but unsure which will fit up nice.
Tenchuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:00 PM   #20
edp

edp is an unknown quantity at this point
You can't go wrong with T3 stuff. Gabriel makes some great stuff for all of the cars does products for and they're made in his shop. My son's 84 KP-61 has his complete suspension package and strut brace. Super quality, fits like a glove and performs as advertised - what more do you want?
edp is offline   Reply With Quote