Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:36 PM   #91
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
amazing build my dude. I more wish people were like you then these *SNIP* rocket bunny, moshimoto, knock of body kits, grip royal builds

MODS EDIT: Please refrain from using certain terms. This is your only warning!

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 09-25-2018 at 11:17 PM..
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2018, 07:35 AM   #92
jr_

jr_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboshoebox View Post
amazing build my dude. I more wish people were like you then these gay rocket bunny, moshimoto, knock of body kits, grip royal builds
+1, Type X style is so timeless. This will still look amazing in 10 years time.
jr_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:38 PM   #93
pjurisprudencia
Leaky Injector

pjurisprudencia is an unknown quantity at this point
Super stoked i got to see this build thread. Loving everything on it man.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:15 AM   #94
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
joe can you tell use the wheel and tire specs you used with the avs model 5's
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:34 AM   #95
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
I just read your build from beginning to end. Love your execution and attention to detail. Keep it coming def. one of my favorite 180sx very period correct.

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:16 AM   #96
hotrodjoseph
Zilvia Member

hotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
joe can you tell use the wheel and tire specs you used with the avs model 5's
Sure, they were 17x9j +11 and 18x10j +25 thats after a 25mm spacer front and 15mm rear spacer. Rear camber is around -1.5 to -2 degrees. 215/40 zestinos front and 225/40 burners for rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2nr View Post
I just read your build from beginning to end. Love your execution and attention to detail. Keep it coming def. one of my favorite 180sx very period correct.
Thanks man! The car looks slightly different now. Sorry for the lack of updates.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:43 AM   #97
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
This is pretty much perfect. Love the color and effort, my dude. Great job.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:04 PM   #98
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Love Joe. Man he's nice.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:05 PM   #99
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
The car is cool too! lol
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:17 PM   #100
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
whoa

10char.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:16 PM   #101
hotrodjoseph
Zilvia Member

hotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura about
Since you guys got me into the mood, I'll write a brief update.

So at the last update I finished the Itai vinyl. I thoroughly enjoyed the car for the rest of the summer and continued to go to a few more drift events until the winter came.

As winter approached like many of us I began to get the car blues and contemplate changing this up. After the vinyl I quickly grew bored of it. It kept being a constant reminder that the style of my car wasn't truly "My car" and more of Itais car. More than that I felt like I had reached a peak with it and that I could't change anything to make it better. It came to the point that I didn't even want to add a friends team sticker on the car bc Itai's car didn't have that.

I pondered heavily the idea of parting it out and starting new with a s13 silvia or s15. To try something new and make it my own. But as most of you would feel with your own builds that you put so much time and effort into it that I couldn't just dismantle it and sell it off. So I decided to ditch the Itai rep and change this up to suit my evolving taste.

I have always loved the 2003-2006 D1 and D1SL cars and have always wanted to own a car "as cool as" that one day. So I had decided to start evolving the look of my car to that style.

Within the first few weeks that the car was put away I sold off my bronze TE37s to my friend Liam (white uras ER34) and bought a set of Blitz 03's from my good buddy Nick (Kawika8413 on instagram). 03s have always been my favorite wheels so I knew I had to own a set one day. I will never be getting rid of these.

I also had decided to ditch the Kakimoto canister style exhaust as I've always preferred dual tip exhausts on 180's. I was lucky enough to source my favorite exhaust a Trust DD in near new condition. However it was for a R32 coupe. After comparing images and speaking to many people it seemed like the R32 exhaust was "close enough" to the same shape as an s13 one so I bought it.

I also sold off my hurricane mirrors and bought a set of Ganadors.

The Trust DD, ganadors and 03s were going to change up the look of the car enough until my new kit was painted. So when I rolled around in the spring the car looked like this for awhile.

[/url]

I also ended up selling my AVS model 5's to fund my other favorite wheels.. white TE37s. I knew there was no way I was building a early D1 spec car without white TEs. I found a full set of 17x9.5j and 18x9.5 +12 that I couldn't pass up.

IN addition, after completing a full drift season and developing my skill I felt like I was ready to add some steering angle to my car. After looking at and comparing different options I talked to Julian from Animal Style and he was able to hook me up with Naoki B-knuckles. I also extended my s13 lca's 25mm and installed maxima tie rods. This gave me plenty of angle and the car feels amazing to drive/drift.

After the car came out of storage I got to work on installing the new front steering bits and exhaust. The exhaust turned out to be a bit more off than expected and had to get some custom work done to it in order to fit how I wanted too. I also found out that r32 Trust DD has two 4 inch tips on it compared to the 3 inch s13 versions. These things were huge and made it a massive PITA to fit with the Hotroad rear valence.

Anyways I got all the front end sorted and exhaust and went drifting.

[

More to come.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:51 PM   #102
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
thanks for the specs... car is on point
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:32 AM   #103
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Awesome as always my friend!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:50 AM   #104
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Not only does it look cool, but you actually drift it too! Very cool.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:14 AM   #105
StatticMyke
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
StatticMyke is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Awesome thread keeps the updates coming!
Old 10-03-2018, 04:45 AM   #106
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodjoseph View Post
Since you guys got me into the mood, I'll write a brief update.

I'm LOVING these updates my man!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:19 AM   #107
hotrodjoseph
Zilvia Member

Picking up where I left off.

After doing my first drift event this summer I was still waiting for my new kit to be painted.

I had purchased the kit over the winter and had started fitting it as soon as the car came out of storage.

Sticking with my liking to early D1 and cars from 2005-6 generation I decided to try out some "big" aero and go with a Uras Type 4 "style" kit. Since I wasn't completed sure how I would like the look and I wanted to keep hotroad I decided to go with a rep kit as I didn't want to sink over 2k in fiberglass that I wasnt sure I'd keep.

Surprisingly the sides fit really well and only required minimal trimming. However the rear stuck out a mile and the front was missing about an inch of material on each side and had no mounting points. Therefore I had to do a lot of fiberglass work to make things fit.

I also decided to pick up a set of origin labo 20mm single vent front fenders. Jesse was able to order these and ship them from Japan for me in under a week! He's the man.

I did not like the shaved side marker look, so I cut the oem ones in place.

Then it was all sent off to paint. Which always takes way longer than expected. This time it was close to 4 months. (These pics were from the first week the car was out of storage).

After I finally got the kit back from paint I immediately started installing it on the car. Right away I noticed the colour was way off...

The colour turned out way darker and on the purple side than what my bayside blue was. I stopped installing the kit and reached out to my painter. Obviously he denied it being wrong as he said "thats the colour code you gave me." This is besides the fact that I had told him more than once before he painted that I could bring in some painted parts that he could use to match the colour. He always said to me don't worry it will match. I knew I couldn't drive the car around like this so I got into contact with the guy who originally painted my car a few years ago and dropped off all the parts to him that day.

After some arguing with the other painter I was able to get 200$ back but still was in the hole for having to repaint it.
This time the colour came out perfectly.

I also installed my white Te's to complete the look.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:55 AM   #108
StatticMyke
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
StatticMyke is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You killed round two as well. Looks great. Bummer about the painter for sure.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:26 AM   #109
PatPs13
Leaky Injector

PatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enough
Amazing build, thanks for the update.
PatPs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:58 AM   #110
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Really been enjoying these updates! Glad you got the kit re-sprayed
Old 10-10-2018, 10:03 PM   #111
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
What ended up being the diff in the paint job color?
Diff paint? Diff formula what?

Color does look good and holy shit how many damn wheels do you have?
Old 10-11-2018, 07:38 AM   #112
hotrodjoseph
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFairlady View Post
What ended up being the diff in the paint job color?
Diff paint? Diff formula what?

Color does look good and holy shit how many damn wheels do you have?
Not too sure exactly. Could have been a different manufacture or even the way it was painted. Bayside blue is a tri-coat so I've been told the amount of time you flash in between layers affects the finished colour.

lol I only own the whites TE's and Blitz 03s right now. These most likely will be the wheels I will always keep.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:47 AM   #113
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Hey cool guy, I'm going through some pictures I took at Spooky Vibes and I think you'd like this.

You were looking great out there!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote