Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-11-2007, 12:10 AM   #31
InspireMS
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
InspireMS will become famous soon enoughInspireMS will become famous soon enoughInspireMS will become famous soon enoughInspireMS will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
very sweet project you got going on there gsracer. good luck with the remainder of it. keep us updated!
InspireMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2007, 12:11 AM   #32
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
good shit...props for the swap DIY
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:12 AM   #33
s13_gearhead
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
s13_gearhead will become famous soon enoughs13_gearhead will become famous soon enoughs13_gearhead will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13_gearhead Send a message via MSN to s13_gearhead
Wow. Damn.

That's all. Damn.
s13_gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:53 AM   #34
Jesses240
Leaky Injector

Jesses240 is making a name for him/her selfJesses240 is making a name for him/her selfJesses240 is making a name for him/her self
Very cool!

This thing will be a blast to drive, have any hood clearance issues.

Your custom work looks top notch ;-) Props
Old 04-11-2007, 02:07 AM   #35
Bigballin
Zilvia Member

Bigballin is an unknown quantity at this point
hockey puck.......

hardcore muthafucka!!
Bigballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:28 AM   #36
OPP

OPP is an unknown quantity at this point
Very trick my friend!

Keep it Nissan? An LS would be a better choice?
What does it matter as long as its fast?
OPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:38 AM   #37
Casse

Casse is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Casse
Thats an awesome swap I cant wait to see the final result
Casse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:40 AM   #38
rsxrcr87
Leaky Injector

rsxrcr87 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to rsxrcr87
let us know what kind of gas mileage you can get with it. I love how you can get like 35 MPG with an LSX and a T56
rsxrcr87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:43 AM   #39
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Wow man. Living my dream. This just renewed my goal to drop a VK56 into a G35. Great work man.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:59 AM   #40
SDS13COUPE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
SDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Props to you. Thank you for keeping it NISSAN powered.
SDS13COUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:28 AM   #41
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

ranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the rough
With some VH45de (might have been a vh41de)swap they notched the frame rails AND still had clearance problems with the hood... how difficult was fitment for you?
also, what modifications to the crossmember did you do if any?
last up, how much modification was required to mate the tranny to the block.. besides the adapter plate thing for the belhousing (that guy who did the maxima engine had to mill tons of little spacers and stuff to make it work)
ranger240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:38 AM   #42
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger240
With some VH45de (might have been a vh41de)swap they notched the frame rails AND still had clearance problems with the hood... how difficult was fitment for you?
also, what modifications to the crossmember did you do if any?
last up, how much modification was required to mate the tranny to the block.. besides the adapter plate thing for the belhousing (that guy who did the maxima engine had to mill tons of little spacers and stuff to make it work)
I had to notch the frame rail on the pass. side for the alternator to fit

No modifications where made to the crossmember.

A simple adapter plate is being fabbed up by mazworx as we speak, similar to there SR to VG adapter plate.

No clearance problem with the hood, it closes with room to spare

I made the mounts outside of the car on a spare crossmember, Took the KA out bolted it in. In the end I was only 1/16 of an inch off in my measuments, I have already corrected the measurment.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:48 AM   #43
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

ranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the rough
wow sounds like a great build... what are the costs of all this.. i know vh's are much more affordable than other v8 alternatives

when the build is complete you should sell spec sheets of what is required..(to me at least haha) where to notch.. a design for the adapter plate.. wiring.. mounts ..ect

with all the r&d out of the way.. i just might be able to con a mechanical engineer friend to do the grunt work
ranger240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:51 AM   #44
datboibrad
Zilvia Addict

datboibrad can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger240
wow sounds like a great build... what are the costs of all this.. sorry for so many questions...

when the build is complete you should sell specs of what is required.. where to notch.. a design for the adapter plate.. wiring.. ect

with all the r&d out of the way.. i just might be able to con a mechanical engineer friend to do the grunt work
lol its already documented, not to mention no one is going to pay for anything like that. i could count for days how many PM's my freinds and i get on how to do the ls1 swap and wanting to pay for instructions and parts. hell look at hinson. it will be a while before they make anything off their lsx 240 setup. which is why the current parts are all booboo.
datboibrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:58 AM   #45
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
very cool car man, cleanest i've seen in florida. do you know sean love? he lives in south florida too and put a VH45 into an S13 last year, it'd be cool to see both of your cars side by side and compare them. keep up the good work, cant wait to see it with 8 itb's sticking up from the engine!
Old 04-12-2007, 04:24 PM   #46
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Well to update, I have replaced the timing chain. Cleaned the engine thoroughly, and ready to drop it back in.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:51 PM   #47
TCtrackrunner
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
TCtrackrunner is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
That looks verynice. Good job and finish it well. Can't wait to see it move those wheels.
TCtrackrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:39 PM   #48
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
lookin sick bro.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:56 PM   #49
silviatp23
Zilvia Member

silviatp23 is making a name for him/her selfsilviatp23 is making a name for him/her self
Very nice Swap! Pm sent!
silviatp23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:08 AM   #50
300hp owen
Zilvia Junkie

300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future
aaaaaaack! v8 swap ownage!
"czech republic" rofl, thats awesome...
damn dude the red wrinkle paint makes the motor look great! nice choice on that for the valvecovers and well done swap work, nice to see someone put forth the effort for equal length manifolds. your car is going to be insane this year, do you have any magazine coverage in the works? because you should, your car is the tits on those wheels and with that v8 under the hood.

I'm excitied to see a non-LS1 v8 under the hood and to see how much power you can make with that motor. how hard is the wiring for your swap and how easy is that ecu to tune?

man, keep those pics coming! those engine close ups are DOPE!
Old 04-13-2007, 05:32 AM   #51
yaba94070
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
yaba94070 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to yaba94070
defently an awsome project and i don;t think i have seen any one put this in there 240 yet...
congratz
Old 04-13-2007, 06:54 AM   #52
nevaland9
Zilvia FREAK!

nevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to nevaland9
nice work, wernt you the one selling a side exit exhaust off your car a little while ago? you should definitely do that again x2!!
Old 04-13-2007, 09:09 AM   #53
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
nice build looks clean. i cant wait to see the finished car

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:29 AM   #54
nlzmo400r
Zilvia FREAK!

nlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to nlzmo400r
I can't explain how cool you are....... What kind if management is going to be used? Im sure a kickass tune on that engine would free up a lot of power. I also heard the earlier 4.1liters have a much more sporty nature in stock form than the later 4.5liters (the 4.1s used to rev to 7krpm!! )

[email protected] - gt32 .6bar
nlzmo400r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:17 AM   #55
Ronald_Mcdonald
Zilvia Member

Ronald_Mcdonald is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ronald_Mcdonald
Damn, that is such an awesome swap.

Did you post something about this on Floridafail?

Something like you took the measuremeants off of a spare shell you had laying around?
Old 04-13-2007, 11:15 AM   #56
azndummie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
azndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
this is so badass haha unique man
Old 04-13-2007, 11:33 AM   #57
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
this is a great build!

you can find these engines all day at the junkyard for not that muchhh.

*thinks*
Old 04-13-2007, 12:05 PM   #58
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald_Mcdonald
Damn, that is such an awesome swap.

Did you post something about this on Floridafail?

Something like you took the measuremeants off of a spare shell you had laying around?

LOL no i didnt post on floridafail, i didnt want to hear how i ruined my car because it isnt an sr20 swap. hahaha
Old 04-13-2007, 01:18 PM   #59
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Finnally got all the fittings in , now i can put it back together

Old 04-13-2007, 10:26 PM   #60
datboibrad
Zilvia Addict

datboibrad can only hope to improve
pretty hot stuff sir =]
datboibrad is offline   Reply With Quote