Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
Bixe240

Trader Rating: (0)
Bixe240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR S15 6spd shifter

I purchased a 6spd transmission with fly wheel and cluch and tranny did not have a shifter. I bought the set thinking finding a shifter for it would be easy but found out otherwise that it is not. Can anyone help me find someone to order a shifter for the 6spd? I have looked on many shop sites in US n Canada but no luck
Bixe240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
That trans is weaker than glass. It even breaks at stock power. Why the hell did you buy that piece of crap ?
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croustibat View Post
That trans is weaker than glass. It even breaks at stock power. Why the hell did you buy that piece of crap ?
Got some proof to back up that claim or is it like everyone else who had never owned a s15 six speed that just passes this garbage around?
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #4
smartoss
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (8)
smartoss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixe240 View Post
I purchased a 6spd transmission with fly wheel and cluch and tranny did not have a shifter. I bought the set thinking finding a shifter for it would be easy but found out otherwise that it is not. Can anyone help me find someone to order a shifter for the 6spd? I have looked on many shop sites in US n Canada but no luck
Your best bet is to contact GTR-Garage (Vendor here) and see if they can hook you up with a gently used or new shifter for the 6 speed or check out RHDJapan if you want something brand new.
smartoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:34 PM   #5
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
Got some proof to back up that claim or is it like everyone else who had never owned a s15 six speed that just passes this garbage around?
They do suck, I blew 2 of them. Was making 360whp on a Greddy T518Z and twin plate Os Giken TS2B.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:16 AM   #6
Tom N
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Tom N is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
I have a S15. Trans broke on stock boost. Think about this for a second. The gear casing on the 6 speed is the same size as the 5 speed. Yet there's one more gear. What do you deduct from that?

In short this isn't a opinion. It's a fact the 6 speed has small gears made of glass.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:35 AM   #7
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Let me guess ... you sold the gearbox, didnt you ?
Old 07-28-2013, 02:03 AM   #8
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Let me guess ... you sold the gearbox, didnt you ?
Looks like you suck at guessing but I'll wait around for the proof that you have.

It is known that the S15 6 speeds do not like shock load, IE clutch kicking or launching. There are MANY documented cases of the S15 6 speeds used in 400+whp builds without issues on street cars.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #9
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

You are going to wait for a long time, i owe you nothing dude

There are numerous reports of internet bullshitters on everything. People usually forget to mention how long they have ran their gearbox, or how they use it. Heck some people even report ebay crap works wonders...
Old 07-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #10
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
You are going to wait for a long time, i owe you nothing dude

There are numerous reports of internet bullshitters on everything. People usually forget to mention how long they have ran their gearbox, or how they use it. Heck some people even report ebay crap works wonders...

10char
Old 07-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #11
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Looks like you suck at guessing but I'll wait around for the proof that you have.

It is known that the S15 6 speeds do not like shock load, IE clutch kicking or launching. There are MANY documented cases of the S15 6 speeds used in 400+whp builds without issues on street cars.
Not even the case...both tranny I had popped 4th. I'm not exactly launching or clutch kicking on 4th. The last one I blew, I was just driving hard. Boosting thru 4th then it just went pop.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote