Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
Bob_Sagat
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
Bob_Sagat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Rhd conversions?

I'm looking for shops in SoCal that do rhd conversions, I've already contacted clockwork performance, just want to shop around before I make a decision. Any recommendations?
Bob_Sagat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
90240sx07
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
90240sx07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
if your gonna have clockwork performance do it check the welds after they do it and have your engine pulled out on my last car the welds where pretty shitty and they spray foamed the inside of it
90240sx07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
drftrkidd

Trader Rating: (1)
drftrkidd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
wrenchpro.com
sideways performance
drftrkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
gunmetalr32
Post Whore!

gunmetalr32 is on a distinguished road
/\/\/\ this
Old 02-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Dont go to clock work. They wire your car with speaker wire
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #6
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
gr performance. face book/yelp them, they are in irwindale. ask for mario.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:50 AM   #7
somanyparts310
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (8)
somanyparts310 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Lets get it strait!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90240sx07 View Post
if your gonna have clockwork performance do it check the welds after they do it and have your engine pulled out on my last car the welds where pretty shitty and they spray foamed the inside of it
I know for a fact that clockwork does not weld the firewall for the RHD conversion. Aircraft quality rivets are used instead. And as far as spray foam, I believe you are also mistaken, no spray foam is used with their RHD conversion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Dont go to clock work. They wire your car with speaker wire
I can guarantee you that clockwork has NEVER used speaker wire in any RHD conversion. Who ever told you this is absolutely 100% wrong. Spools of brand new wire are used for every single wiring job.

Clockwork has been doing RHD conversion for almost 8 years. Every single customer that has had an RHD conversion done at clockwork has been happy with the result. But, no need to take my word for it. I would like to hear the opinion of people who have had their car converted to rhd by clockwork or have bought a rhd car directly from them. =)
somanyparts310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:43 AM   #8
imoverherre
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
imoverherre is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I had my vert rnd by clockworks and I like it but the only thing is that I didn't like is my heater upgrade and my ecu location is on the middle of my dash other from that they do a great job and are finished by due date!!!
imoverherre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:28 AM   #9
R@ddy
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
R@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by somanyparts310 View Post
I know for a fact that clockwork does not weld the firewall for the RHD conversion. Aircraft quality rivets are used instead. And as far as spray foam, I believe you are also mistaken, no spray foam is used with their RHD conversion.

I can guarantee you that clockwork has NEVER used speaker wire in any RHD conversion. Who ever told you this is absolutely 100% wrong. Spools of brand new wire are used for every single wiring job.

Clockwork has been doing RHD conversion for almost 8 years. Every single customer that has had an RHD conversion done at clockwork has been happy with the result. But, no need to take my word for it. I would like to hear the opinion of people who have had their car converted to rhd by clockwork or have bought a rhd car directly from them. =)
FUCK YOU AND FUCK CLOCKWORK.
OP never go to clockwork performance. Bunch of scammet pricks that rob you from your money. I've had a coupe buddies that I warn and don't take my advice. Manny will try to dick you around sucking your cock for your business and when you need help or ask questions, he just finds lame excuses. Anyway, hit up wrench pro. I've seen their work and its pretty legit
R@ddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #10
TWOFUNKY
Zilvia Addict

TWOFUNKY is making a name for him/her selfTWOFUNKY is making a name for him/her selfTWOFUNKY is making a name for him/her self
I had my rhd conversion done at clockwork and I HAVE NO REGRETS.Good people,got down and sent me pics of the whole process.In going back to get my Sr swap by them.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #11
FWD...LoL!!!

Trader Rating: (0)
FWD...LoL!!! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Team clockwork vs wrench pro?

I've gotten work done from both places and I have to say team clockwork is a legit business. They hooked up my car, n I'm extremely pleased with the outcome. Especially with their sr20det swap. Manny is a cool ass dude. He went above n beyond to help me with my swap. He sold my old ka24de motor, tranny, ecu. Every time I had a question, he was quick on answering, showing me diagrams, explaining how things work. Wrench pro are alright, they are extremely over priced, they are never on time, they lag like a mother f*ck#r. They had me meet them at their shop at a certain time, n I was waiting for a hour before they finally showed up. They charged me $100 for welding my differential. Team clockwork charged me the same but with fresh welds n a one year warranty. I know where imma start taking my car for all its purpose needs n upgrades. Team clockwork!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #12
silvia2ner23
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (17)
silvia2ner23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Manny is a very chill dude and he will stand behind his work. I have a friend that purchased a rhd sr s13 from him 3 years ago. Welds are good and runs like a champ. I would recommend clock work if u don't mind a half fire wall. As far as the wiring my friends never had a problem nor was there any speaker wire. future shut up and give credit where its deserved
silvia2ner23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #13
somanyparts310
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13_kidd View Post
FUCK YOU AND FUCK CLOCKWORK.
OP never go to clockwork performance. Bunch of scammet pricks that rob you from your money. I've had a coupe buddies that I warn and don't take my advice. Manny will try to dick you around sucking your cock for your business and when you need help or ask questions, he just finds lame excuses. Anyway, hit up wrench pro. I've seen their work and its pretty legit
You sure do have very strong feelings regarding clock work. Why don't you share your story. Did you get a swap done by them? Buy a car from them? Did you have your car converted to RHD by them? What sort of work did you have done at clock work? Why was your experience a negative one? Did they not have your project ready on schedule? Did they not fulfill what ever warranty you were given? Was there damage to your vehicle when you picked it up? Was there something missing from your car when you picked it up? Were you treated disrespectfully? You have gone out of your way to paint an extremely negative picture of this shop. I am sure the 240sx community really wants to hear exactly why you would make such comments about this shop...

So, tell us...
Old 03-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #14
jdm18

jdm18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by somanyparts310 View Post
I don't know about everyone, I had a swap done there a couple years ago, and was not very happy with the outcome, IN MY OPINION the work that was done was cheap and rushed! I prefer a shop were it might take them a week, but they will take theyre time and do everything carefully. like i said its my opinion of what i saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13_kidd View Post
Manny will try to dick you around sucking your cock for your business and when you need help or ask questions, he just finds lame excuses.
I have a friend who that happened to. he was going to do a swap there, starting asking a lot of questions, and then manny started acting like a dick to him, told him that he's a very 'busy' person and doesnt have time to answer stupid questions if hes not gonna get the work done. not very professional if you ask me.

I also recommended a friend to go there some time back. and heard he tried to overprice some parts for his RHD: BMC $45, Brake Line $40, P/S H/P Line $65, Cluthch M/C for $50 ?? ai understand business can be tough at times but damn, taking advantage of a rookie who didnt know any better.

Ive had a car done at both wrenchpro and sidewayz performance. price was fair and i was happy with the work. I recommend it!

but its your money
jdm18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #15
lightsource
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (41)
lightsource is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lightsource
I've had a lot of work done at Clockwork

If you really want to know how good the RHD conversions they do are then ask them. I'm sure they would be glad to tell you what they use and how they go about their conversions. If you don't like the way they do their conversions you can simply go somewhere else. I don't know of many shops that do RHD conversions.

The only way to truly know how good the conversion is to see it in real life, all the speculation of my friend said this my friend said that is useless if you're satisfied with the outcome.
lightsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #16
mantas
Zilvia Addict

mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
What?

What is the benefit of doing RHD? I think its unsafe to you and anyone else around you. It's like cutting your right foot off so you can be handicapped. May be i'm not seeing some kind of a big picture here, but can anyone explain to me why people do this? One of my friends did his RHD at UMI in montebello i think, and his car is completely screwed, and since he won't explain why he did the RHD, I hope one of you can shed some light on this subject thanks.
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #17
LB 180SX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
LB 180SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantas View Post
It's like cutting your right foot off so you can be handicapped.
WTF?!! I don't see the comparison there.

but I guess people do them for fun, project, to be different and bcus they can.

its funny to see confused looks all the time.
LB 180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #18
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB 180SX View Post
WTF?!! I don't see the comparison there.

but I guess people do them for fun, project, to be different and bcus they can.

its funny to see confused looks all the time.
Its unsafe in a lhd country because we drive on the right. So you send the car to a shop for a rhd conversion and call it a project? I call upgrading the brakes or doing an engine swap a project because there is a benefit to be gained in the end. What benefit does a rhd conversion provide? Thats all i want to know. And being different is not really a good reason, i can find millions of ways to be different without putting myself in harms way.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #19
enohand
Leaky Injector

enohand is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to enohand
^^ truth right there
enohand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #20
lude4life13
Zilvia Junkie

lude4life13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Its unsafe in a lhd country because we drive on the right. So you send the car to a shop for a rhd conversion and call it a project? I call upgrading the brakes or doing an engine swap a project because there is a benefit to be gained in the end. What benefit does a rhd conversion provide? Thats all i want to know. And being different is not really a good reason, i can find millions of ways to be different without putting myself in harms way.
Nissan's/Silvia's are originally RHD and people feel like they are getting closer to the real thing if they get a conversion done. They want to make it seem like they are driving a real Silvia. Simple as that. If they want to do it it's their choice.

Personally, I will never drive a RHD car unless its a skyline or s15. I just don't like the idea of all the cutting up and welding since I drive my cars hard.

For the sake of the OP, lets get back on topic and give him suggestions on shops and experiences with them.
lude4life13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #21
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Well put. And op if you get a rhd, DO NOT go to clockwork orange or whatever its called. I heard many bad things about them. One was they simply cut the firewall and flipped it...
Old 03-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #22
LB 180SX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
LB 180SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
I was just speaking in general, but I am more than happy to explain why I've done rhd conversions. I don't see why its unsafe , we dont 'drive' on the right, the car does! no matter if you drive on the driver seat , or passenger seat or in the rear seats the car is still driving on the right side of the road, no difference there. I think drunk driving, speeding or swaping a sr and acting stupid on the streets is more dangerous. as for sending a car to a shop, I will never do that! if my car fukks up later on bcus I did something wrong, I want to be the only one to blame. as for the swap, I left my firewall alone, just re-enforced it with a rhd firewall, aircraft ribbets and covered up the holes with sheet metal. anyways I do think its pretty funny to watch a cop feel stupid for walking up to what he thinks the driver seat is and talking. now I can understand if it was illegal, which I've never seen any document saying it is, and to be honest I dont know if it is or not. cops have never said anything to me, but I guess I'll find out someday.My car, my money, my decision! as for anyone, you do what u want , who cares what others think.
LB 180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #23
jdm18

jdm18 is an unknown quantity at this point
there's MANTAS talking his usual shiit
jdm18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:53 PM   #24
mantas
Zilvia Addict

what you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm18 View Post
there's MANTAS talking his usual shiit
i just want an answer to the question thats all. i got the answer and thats it, just because i'm blunt does not mean im talking shit. where in this whole thread did i talk shit, i asked some straight forward questions and raised concerns, got my answer and im out. LOL
Old 03-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #25
StryfeS13
It's Always Broken.

StryfeS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
This thread is kinda derailing with all the arguments...he just wanted to know where to go for the conversion.

In my opinion RHD is cool but it's kinda annoying to drive like that here in the states. I find switching lanes to the left hard for some reason when I'm driving RHD cars. Also, you cant go through a fucking drive through anymore without stretching all the way across your passenger seat...same thing for drive through banking, etc.

Everything here is made for LHD! Unless it's for a track car or something, then I personally wouldn't do it. Also you get all kinds of unwanted attention, and it doesnt help that you're in California. Make SURE to take the VIN off your old dash and match it to your new dash. It takes 2 seconds and I see so many people skimp out on that. It's really important to do.
Gotta love Zilvia.
StryfeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:37 PM   #26
PowerDrifter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
PowerDrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
fuck clockwork! they keep spamming craigslist in the los angeles area with all their parts. its annoying! post ONCE with all parts!
PowerDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:47 PM   #27
StryfeS13
It's Always Broken.

StryfeS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Haha I don't even know what Clockwork is since I live in Cen-Cal but it seems like a lot of you guys really dislike them.
Gotta love Zilvia.
StryfeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #28
lude4life13
Zilvia Junkie

lude4life13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB 180SX View Post
I was just speaking in general, but I am more than happy to explain why I've done rhd conversions. I don't see why its unsafe , we dont 'drive' on the right, the car does! no matter if you drive on the driver seat , or passenger seat or in the rear seats the car is still driving on the right side of the road, no difference there. I think drunk driving, speeding or swaping a sr and acting stupid on the streets is more dangerous. as for sending a car to a shop, I will never do that! if my car fukks up later on bcus I did something wrong, I want to be the only one to blame. as for the swap, I left my firewall alone, just re-enforced it with a rhd firewall, aircraft ribbets and covered up the holes with sheet metal. anyways I do think its pretty funny to watch a cop feel stupid for walking up to what he thinks the driver seat is and talking. now I can understand if it was illegal, which I've never seen any document saying it is, and to be honest I dont know if it is or not. cops have never said anything to me, but I guess I'll find out someday.My car, my money, my decision! as for anyone, you do what u want , who cares what others think.
So you never cut out anything? From what I understand you placed a RHD firewall in front of your factory one and cut the holes needed out of your factory one to match up with the RHD one? In other words you didn't really alter the structure/rigidity of the car?
lude4life13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #29
Socalgal
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
Socalgal is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Socalgal
I have exparence with clock work. I would recommend staying away from them. We're in SoCal, there's tons of very highly regarded shops. No need to settle. Unless you're going there to save money in which case you get what you pay for. Cheap is cheap.

And I want to kill them for what they do on Craigslist. They have every right to do it but it's really not cool for the community.

Just my 2 cents. Pretty sure it's worth less in rhd money though. Damn exchange rates
Socalgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #30
somanyparts310
Leaky Injector

He said, she said. BS. Geez. And I thought that was just for b*tches, lol.

Quote:
Well put. And op if you get a rhd, DO NOT go to clockwork orange or whatever its called. I heard many bad things about them. One was they simply cut the firewall and flipped it...
You Sir, are an absolute f*cking idiot! Do you even know how an RHD conversion is done? "Cut the firewall and flip it"? Is that all there is to it? No need for a JDM front clip then right? Geez. If you atleast knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't make such a ass of yourself. And lets get to the heart of your expertise, how much work have you had done by them? Whats that you say, you have only HEARD stuff right? Notice how people who always start with "my friend said" or I heard" are usually full of sh*t? You Sir, are full of shit. PM if you want to discuss it further.

Quote:
i just want an answer to the question thats all. i got the answer and thats it, just because i'm blunt does not mean im talking shit. where in this whole thread did i talk shit, i asked some straight forward questions and raised concerns, got my answer and im out. LOL
You are not being blunt. You are attempting to give an opinion on a subject which you know nothing about. Unless you have been a customer at a certain establishment, you are only repeating a rumor. Only b*tches like to spread false rumors. And you arnen't a *&$^#, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerDrifter View Post
fuck clockwork! they keep spamming craigslist in the los angeles area with all their parts. its annoying! post ONCE with all parts!
Whats the problem... Cant sell your parts because people keep responding to the CL ads? If they post on CL, its because it works. You don't like it? Too bad. The ads are real and for parts that are in stock. Again, if you disagree, PM me and we can discuss it further...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalgal View Post
I have exparence with clock work. I would recommend staying away from them. We're in SoCal, there's tons of very highly regarded shops. No need to settle. Unless you're going there to save money in which case you get what you pay for. Cheap is cheap.

And I want to kill them for what they do on Craigslist. They have every right to do it but it's really not cool for the community.

Just my 2 cents. Pretty sure it's worth less in rhd money though. Damn exchange rates
SoCal Gal: Why don't you share your story. You said you have personal experience with clock work. Did you get a swap done by them? Buy a car from them? Did you have your car converted to RHD by them? What sort of work did you have done at clock work? Why was your experience a negative one? Did they not have your project ready on schedule? Did they not fulfill what ever warranty you were given? Was there damage to your vehicle when you picked it up? Was there something missing from your car when you picked it up? Were you treated disrespectfully? You have also gone out of your way to make a negative comment about this shop. I am sure the 240sx community really wants to hear exactly why you would make such comment about this shop. I really want to know. I am sure everyone else wouldn't mind hearing your story either.

Last edited by somanyparts310; 03-09-2012 at 05:16 PM..