Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
TC2SR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
TC2SR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
CA lol bullshit craigslist ad for 240 vert. watch out!

1993 nissan 240sx S13 convertible 5 speed, roll cage, extras

this guy claims that he built this car's engine way back in novemeber and then it got rod knocks...but the truth is, this is one of my friend's car from myhousedrift. It got taken away by cops, IN DECEMBER. The car got rod knocks during our driftin session and we had to leave it. WARNING: don't buy this car, there are more things wrong w/ this car than the buyer says. this fool got it at an auction, he never worked on anything in this car. its not rebuilt, and the guy doesnt know what he's talking about. Friend is in the process of getting the car back but i can tell you that the engine is more messed up than JUST a rod knock. lol jsut though i'd warn you guys in case anyone decides to jump on this deal and buy it. lol ad is full of BS

Last edited by TC2SR; 03-02-2012 at 07:19 PM..
TC2SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
ryandriftingfat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
So it's a rolling vert shell with extras for $1500?

Not bad.
ryandriftingfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
So you are publicly boasting about ditching the cops?

Smart
Old 02-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #4
pink godzila
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (226)
pink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 226 reviews
Your friend should try to buy it back hahahah
pink godzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
I am going to email him the link to this thread when I offer him 500 bucks and he says no
Old 02-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #6
qwerth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
qwerth is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
for around a 1000 it sounds like a pretty good deal just swap another motor
Old 02-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #7
touge_g35

Trader Rating: (0)
touge_g35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I bought a turbo FC from him, I forgot his name, I think it was Art.
The FC was a non turbo with a tuboII motor swap which he didn't finish or couldn't get it to run right.

His uncle or whatever owns a tow company and that's how he gets his cars, he's in the business of getting cars and trying to flip them and put whatever work he can into the car to try and make it run fine before enough is enough for him.

How do I know? I check craigslist often and find cars that he sells because he always takes pictures of them in his driveway. I don't usually forget places that I've been to and recognize the gated fence and black side iron fence.

Being that he is a Civic guy I'm pretty sure most of the times the work that he does is more harm than good, not trying to bash Civic owners but I find that it commonly happens with Civic guys so no offense intended.

The engine wiring was all spliced, a non turbo ecu on a turbo motor, leaky injectors, cracked turbo/exhaust manifold, cracked turbo, stock S4 rearend when he said it was the turboII S5, etc.
But the car was able to drive all the way back home to the desert and did commend some work.

But a good deal none the less, $1500 for a turbo FC. I no longer have that turbo FC, but it was fun while I had it.

Not trying to bash the guy or anything, but just giving you some more details that might support the story of it being true so that other members can be aware of it.

He might've done some work to it and probably failed so decided to post it up. But I know he's in the business because his garage is like an office, he had a bin stocked with DMV documents as if we were at the DMV when writing the bill of sale.
touge_g35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:07 PM   #8
Brentbohn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Brentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
"just had a complete head/ head gasket service done in november, everything regarding the head and cooling system is new!, dropped 1400 on everything, have receipt of work done at a shop"

so he must be doing fraud unless its your reciept

Wanted: Good well mannered athletic woman with her own classic or sports car.... send photo of car
Brentbohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #9
Eramo323
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (22)
Eramo323 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Eramo323
saw the ad yesterday was thinking about calling.... nvm
Eramo323 is offline   Reply With Quote