Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-28-2016, 09:41 AM   #1
BadazzSr20
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
BadazzSr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Fitment on body kit.

Hey guys I searched and found a few helpful threads but they were little older. So I wanted to see if anyone can tell me some info. Basically I'm repainting my car and I really like the look of the origin stylish front bumper with the origin race line rear bumper.

I just wanted to ask how would fitment be out the box with these kits I'm hearing good things and some bad it's like 60/40 on fitment. I would like for it to fit like oem and I'm sure it can with the right amount of time working on these bumpers. I'm not trying to pay a body guy 5k to fit these like oem. So can someone tell me are they pretty good like the body lines line up to the oem body lines. I seen some people saying they fit really good then showed pictures of them looking like shit lol.

If anyone can share info or pictures I would deeply appreciate it guys!
BadazzSr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2016, 10:06 AM   #2
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I would probably budget 3-4hrs per bumper
Old 06-28-2016, 10:29 AM   #3
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BoostyMcZface is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Are there any companies that make like-oem quality fitting aero I wonder? I'm curious about this too.
BoostyMcZface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:38 AM   #4
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostyMcZface View Post
Are there any companies that make like-oem quality fitting aero I wonder? I'm curious about this too.
C-west/drft is amazing fit, and extremely durable/flexible material. They use PFRP and its almost as good as oem polyurethane. Real vertex fit is excellent as well, but you're gonna pay vertex price.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:44 AM   #5
mogli9000
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (68)
mogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
If you don't have a quality bang for your buck body guy then expect to pay almost the cost of the bumper to get things lined up legitimately.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:53 AM   #6
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:

My vote goes to Shine Auto Project. I had one of their very first Goodline replicas for ae86 back in 07. Shit was spot on and super durable. I'm not sure what type of martial blend they use but I know it is not your traditional fiberglass/gel coat. As far as I know they have kept the quality level high as well.

They are they guys who make the Sexy Style replica, super dope. http://www.shineautoproject.com/port...c-s-full-aero/
Old 06-28-2016, 11:06 AM   #7
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
With most fiber it's luck of the pull. You could get a piece that fits near perfect needing an hour or less of work to be fit properly.
The quality control for higher priced kits usually fall into this area.

You either pay up front, or possibly pay more on the back end.

Take the cost of the panel, and the cost of your body guy into account and you'll be able to make the best choice for you.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:07 AM   #8
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I hate the origin kit that's on my zenki. Shit is spider crackin everywhere and some actual cracks are developing on the side skirts. I don't scrape. This is on my daily that has coilovers and a relatively bumpy commute everyday

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2016, 11:12 AM   #9
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
My vote goes to Shine Auto Project. I had one of their very first Goodline replicas for ae86 back in 07. Shit was spot on and super durable. I'm not sure what type of martial blend they use but I know it is not your traditional fiberglass/gel coat. As far as I know they have kept the quality level high as well.

They are they guys who make the Sexy Style replica, super dope. http://www.shineautoproject.com/port...c-s-full-aero/
I LOVED my Shine auto on my car, but it wasn't a drop on fit right piece. It took a little massaging. But, once on, it was top notch. I droved a slammed car through 6 states and dragged an animal for 2 of them and all I needed was some soap and water to get things back awesomeness. I've had friends with shine stuff on various cars as well, and it's normally worked out (drifting aside of course).
Old 06-28-2016, 11:31 AM   #10
BadazzSr20
Zilvia Junkie

This is all great info and I do really Appreciate this. You guys are really helping me decide and to be honest I'm thinking about staying oem just because I'm looking for that perfect fit. I have the usdm spec bumper now I'm thinking just do the modification as cutting out the center little to see the intercooler. I seen some photos and that does look really nice to and I'm still able to get that oem fit. I don't think I want to deal with the headache and price tag to make this work
Old 06-28-2016, 11:34 AM   #11
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
TBH, I've never had any aftermarket kit fit OEM perfect on ANY car, foreign or domestic. I've had plenty that I've been able to make work, and only a few that I should've never touched. But, yeah, if you're anal about fitment and working on a budget, kits aren't for you. Solid kits will definitely take LESS to fit, but almost all will take something.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:46 AM   #12
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
C-west/drft is amazing fit, and extremely durable/flexible material. They use PFRP and its almost as good as oem polyurethane. Real vertex fit is excellent as well, but you're gonna pay vertex price.
I was wanting to go with real vertex lang actually. so that's good to know, thanks!
Old 06-28-2016, 12:01 PM   #13
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
chargespeed is also pretty nice fit, but again, $$$.

Quote:
Old 06-28-2016, 12:24 PM   #14
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Very true i had a Cwest front bumper on an S13 many years ago and it fit perfectly
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:49 PM   #15
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM View Post
Very true i had a Cwest front bumper on an S13 many years ago and it fit perfectly
I currently have a drft front bumper and its amazing.

Quote:
Old 06-28-2016, 01:38 PM   #16
jsu1012
Zilvia FREAK!

jsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to behold
Vertex fitment and quality was top notch. I've had the kit for almost 6 years now, its taken a beating and its still in great shape. I have new aero coming just to change the look of the car a little and I'm nervous it wont be as good of quality as vertex. If it isnt im selling it lol.

@streetstyle_jay
jsu1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:06 PM   #17
BadazzSr20
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks again guys for all the info
Old 06-29-2016, 02:36 AM   #18
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

WPN-X7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadazzSr20 View Post
to be honest I'm thinking about staying oem just because I'm looking for that perfect fit.

i ran origin aero on my last s14, while it fit up OK. it was by no means perfect (keep in mind i literally just slapped it on, cable tied front/rear bars and tek screwed the sideskirts as it was just a drift car) while it passed the 10ft rule, up close it wasnt overly great.

im now running a pretty random assortment of aero (BN kit, DMAX front fenders, origin 50mm rears) and the DMAX stuff fits like factory, the genuine BN fits like shit, and the origin is passable.

id stick with OEM with a lip kit
WPN-X7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 03:00 AM   #19
XMcEvilson
Zilvia Member

XMcEvilson is an unknown quantity at this point
on the topic of fiberglass, are Duraflex s13 front fenders bad? I can not find anything else in stock ready to ship
XMcEvilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 03:41 AM   #20
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

duraflex is bottom of the barrel, every car I've seen with duraflex anything it looked absolutely terrible or they paid so much to have it fitted they might as well have bought the real deal. they make dumpster lids and even those fit terribly lol
Old 06-29-2016, 06:16 AM   #21
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I have Final Konexxion kit.
Fitment is perfect but my fenders were shitty so i had to fix my fenders a bit to work with the kit. everything else fit well.

I also reinforced my kit with carbon fiber a bit to make it a little more rigid as well on spots where i knew will have issues.

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 08:00 AM   #22
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
duraflex is bottom of the barrel,
I agree in terms of fitment yes, Duraflex is often fucked, especially twisted up sideskirts. For durability though, its better then the generic no name gel coat reps, doesn't explode as easily.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:58 AM   #23
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
corkscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I've had good luck with version select kits. But as stated, expect at least trimming/sanding with any aftermarket fiberglass part. Body work is pretty straight forward man. I'd suggest fitting the kit yourself if you're mechanically inclined at all. i.e - if it's rubbing somewhere, sand it down, notch it, etc.
corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:53 AM   #24
red240
Zilvia Junkie

red240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the rough
You really get what you pay for, that said if you buy cheap you will pay as much to have it fixed as buying good stuff or it will look like crap
My GP Sports kit fit awesome, the DMax stuff was ok,
red240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:03 PM   #25
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by red240 View Post
You really get what you pay for, that said if you buy cheap you will pay as much to have it fixed as buying good stuff or it will look like crap
My GP Sports kit fit awesome, the DMax stuff was ok,
Can you elaborate on what needs to be fixed? Say I ordered a Duraflex front bumper and sideskirts, what type of fitment issues do you think I may experience?

Hint hint, this is what Im considering.
DJTTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:06 PM   #26
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Can you elaborate on what needs to be fixed? Say I ordered a Duraflex front bumper and sideskirts, what type of fitment issues do you think I may experience?

Hint hint, this is what Im opting for.
Wow okay if you're going DumpsterDimensions™ you're in for hours of work. This will range from making new mounting tabs, fixing every place the panel lines up with another panel, door gaps, bumper gaps, hood edge of the panel, almost the entire headlight surrounding area.
Then you will need to move on to fixing the major depressions and absent details that get lost.

Side skirts you can at the least expect to be cutting along the front edges because the skirt will be too short or too long, re-glassing to allow it to fit. Filling gaps between the skirt and body. Lots of time with the heat gun
I would expect to sand and block with high build primer 2-3 times minimum.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:36 PM   #27
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

FML, my current setup is shit. Im just tired of it. Maybe I should leave it since Ill be posting the car up for sale in 2 months anyway

:/
DJTTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:28 PM   #28
Bnr32gtr
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Bnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
C west is amazing mine had pre drilled holes and all lines up perfect! I have a shine auto ss fits grate n love it. Fine line tuneing fits grate as well! My only experience with origin was with fenders and they fit good was not mad with them at all. As for fitting just take your time trimming, it's a bitch to put back. Really helps to have a buddy help hold/mock lots of on and off. if u get frustrated Ez or don't have patients it will look like shit. My fealings with spider cracks be it is what it is, they all do it.its fiber glass not matter bad it is it CAN be fixed. Some one please make/stock bn sport non wide body type3 for s14 I need this now!
Bnr32gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:35 AM   #29
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post

Hint hint, this is what Im considering.

Hope your not looking at winning any shows.

I've seen plenty of people run them, but they definitely have the 10 meter rule lol. If your just going to cover it in vinyl or spray paint then smash around a track at drift days go for it. I much prefer running over a $250 bumper then a $500 bumper.

But if this is a car you want to hard park and look clean AF, then pony up the cash man. Duraflex will not make you happy.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:47 AM   #30
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
origin lab
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote