Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-21-2016, 11:02 AM   #301
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullRaceGeoff View Post
Full-Race can customize the 7163 to T3 by welding a T3 flange on the inlet. photo attached. But keep in mind 7064 is also an excellent turbo, and under-rated in my experiece. both are good options

Thanks for the info Geoff! Now that changes my options up for sure. Guess it just depends on which one I find the best deal on now haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2016, 02:46 PM   #302
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
whats wrong with the t4 for a 7163?
inopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 04:11 PM   #303
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by inopsey View Post
whats wrong with the t4 for a 7163?

Nothing? I just have a t3 manifold.

Now my only concern is if the internal gate turbos will even fit and have room for a downpipe with their longer turbine housing, when installed on a non-EFR specific manifold.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:25 PM   #304
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Nothing? I just have a t3 manifold.

Now my only concern is if the internal gate turbos will even fit and have room for a downpipe with their longer turbine housing, when installed on a non-EFR specific manifold.

Short answer: Good luck lol! The turbo exterior measurements are on the BW website. Take a look and measure.

What manifold do you have?? And I wouldn't be so caught up on making things fit because that is what you have. It's seems like the cheap way initially, but you stand a good chance of spending so much time and potentially $$$ on making everything else fit to accommodate. I would sell and get the correct manifold and turbo as you wanted.

Trust me: Been there, done that. Def can get you very good deals on both brand new from FR. If I were in your shoes, I would go 7163 and not the 7064 regardless of if I could afford it or not. By the time you add you buying a 7064 (which is on par with a 7163 price wise), and modify the turbine housing (which is another few hundred), then you could have just sold your current manifold, by the correct manifold and turbo, and be in it for about the same as using your current setup and modifying the exhaust housing. In addition, if it does not fit or you have to modify a litany of items you need to move around the bay or it sits too close to your brake booster, you are back to square one. I did the same research when I wanted to go from a T3 ( I had a FR manifold at the time, and was dead keen on keeping it lol) to a twin scroll T4, and it all led back to just buying the correct parts.

P.S My 7163 is now sold. Sorry you missed out
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:07 PM   #305
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Short answer: Good luck lol!

Haha yeah it makes sense honesty. And at this point after owning the car over 8 years, it's gotten to the point that whenever I change any part it ends up needing other parts to be changed or modified as well to even fit, since at this point there's nothing on the car that hasn't been replaced upgraded or modified haha. So yeah, might as well just do a full kit. And yeah I'm leaning towards the 7163 in the end.

Old 11-06-2016, 06:14 PM   #306
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sr20vet
86.5 cp 8.5:1 compression
P12 cams locked on high lob (278,12mm // 280, 11.15mm)
E85
+++++

Looking for +- 500whp 20 to 25psi

Full on drift car

Efr7670 is what im looking at or a 7163 ?

Both turbo will be vband housing .82ar or arpund those specs .... i have doc race vband manifold made for my ve and it wont sale around my area

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:27 PM   #307
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
7670 if you want some headroom as the VE does flow quite well

Note: It seems the evolution guys are making 600+All wheel hp on the 7163 so the turbo is very capable. However, they seem to not be very keen on wheel speed so who knows if they sitting on ticking time bomb. In addition, 95% are into drag racing or toll racing with a select few who do autocross and time attack
Old 11-07-2016, 07:24 AM   #308
FullRaceGeoff
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
FullRaceGeoff is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs14kouki View Post
Sr20vet
86.5 cp 8.5:1 compression
P12 cams locked on high lob (278,12mm // 280, 11.15mm)
E85
+++++

Looking for +- 500whp 20 to 25psi

Full on drift car

Efr7670 is what im looking at or a 7163 ?

Both turbo will be vband housing .82ar or arpund those specs .... i have doc race vband manifold made for my ve and it wont sale around my area
7670 will not do what you're looking for... 7163 is the call here. If you need one lmk
FullRaceGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:59 AM   #309
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullRaceGeoff View Post
7163 is the call here. If you need one lmk
Hey Geoff, I noticed you guys have the FulRace "Kit" for the T3 twin scoll IWG 7163 top mounted. Manifold, turbo, and downpipe etc...

However I'm not seeing a "kit" for the top mount T2 EFR manifold? Do you guys not offer a downpipe for this setup? I've had my eyes on the T2 top mount EFR manifold and a T2 IWG 7063.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:50 PM   #310
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Hey Geoff, I noticed you guys have the FulRace "Kit" for the T3 twin scoll IWG 7163 top mounted. Manifold, turbo, and downpipe etc...

However I'm not seeing a "kit" for the top mount T2 EFR manifold? Do you guys not offer a downpipe for this setup? I've had my eyes on the T2 top mount EFR manifold and a T2 IWG 7063.
They have a downpipe on the webpage (and not part of a kit)

http://www.full-race.com/store/exhau...downpipe.html/

Below is a description excerpt from their site

Quote:
Nissan SR20DET 3″ Top Mount Downpipe

Compatible with the Full-Race T25 IWG Top Mount Manifold

Applications:
•’89-’93 Nissan S13
•’95-’98 Nissan S14
Old 11-07-2016, 03:20 PM   #311
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:

Idk how I missed that, probably since I didn't see "EFR" in the title of it so never clicked on it.

$3,386 for the T4 Twin Scroll IWG 7163/Manifold/Downpipe with no coatings.

$3,209 for the T2 IWG Manifold, T2 7163, and their downpipe...

Pretty sure the $100 difference is more than justified by the benefits of the T4 Twin Scroll...
Just going off of prices listed on the website though.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:41 PM   #312
FullRaceGeoff
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
FullRaceGeoff is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Hey Geoff, I noticed you guys have the FulRace "Kit" for the T3 twin scoll IWG 7163 top mounted. Manifold, turbo, and downpipe etc... However I'm not seeing a "kit" for the top mount T2 EFR manifold? Do you guys not offer a downpipe for this setup? I've had my eyes on the T2 top mount EFR manifold and a T2 IWG 7063.
hey thanks for that. we launched a new website 3 weeks ago still finding a few items that did not make it to the new store... this looks like one of them

Quote:

Below is a description excerpt from their site
thank you!

Quote:
Idk how I missed that, probably since I didn't see "EFR" in the title of it so never clicked on it. $3,386 for the T4 Twin Scroll IWG 7163/Manifold/Downpipe with no coatings. $3,209 for the T2 IWG Manifold, T2 7163, and their downpipe... Pretty sure the $100 difference is more than justified by the benefits of the T4 Twin Scroll...
Just going off of prices listed on the website though.
the difference between these kits is literally 2 hours of labor. I just drove my old employees stock SR20 with drop in tomei cams and twinscroll 6758 last weekend and fell in love. perfect combination
FullRaceGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 07:31 PM   #313
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Yeah based on the price difference I can't see any reason to go with the t2 IWG setup verses the t4 twinscroll IWG setup.

Old 02-24-2021, 12:35 PM   #314
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I usually dont bump 5 year old threads. But there is now a company on ebay and amazon offering the 7163 in a t3 flange option. That paired with a cheap china/isr top mount manifold and ewg is a solid semi affordable package.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:09 AM   #315
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Yeah. They have been doing that on Amazon for several years (probably not the same company). It is also offers with the larger non EFR compressor housing
Old 03-02-2021, 09:22 AM   #316
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I almost went with that t3 7163 turbo with my xcessive manifold as that combo would have been bananas, but I've always wanted to do a stealthy bottom mount KA-T so I'm doing a Tomei manifold with a 6758 instead. There was some misinformation saying this wouldn't clear the block on a KA, but it does clear. The motor mount bracket needs to be cut and reinforced to clear the compressor housing. Stock sr20det airbox will be used and a sr20det heat shield is on its way.

Hoping for 320-350whp on pump with water/meth injection and 400whp on e85.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote