Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 11-30-2017, 04:55 AM   #1
DustysS13

Trader Rating: (0)
DustysS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ka24det build questions

So I am currently building a ka24det.

I will be running:
Cp pistons
Manley rods
Bc springs and retainers
Bc valve guides
Tomei 270 poncams
Tomei adjustable cam gears
Xcessive oil pan with baffled sump
1000cc injectors
Radium top mount fuel rail
Warlbro 430 lph fuelpump
Aeromotive fpr
RS Enthalpy rom tune
Mazworks z32 trans conversion
Z32 maf

Now heres the question. I currently have a gt2871r with an isr exhaust manifold but i strongly feel as though this is going to be a rather dissapointing turbo setup. Now im not looking at completely breaking my bank with a new gt3076rs so i will most likely be running a twisted motion gt3076r. Now my current isr manifold is a t2 flange and the 3076 is a t3. Im already going to have to get an elbow fabricated for the exhaust exit flange but what is a good reliable t3 manifold that is not going to break my bank, or would it be worth getting my isr manifold modified with a t3 flange. This has been driving me nuts for the past 3 days and as it is almost time to send my block to the machineshop. I need some input.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
DustysS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2017, 05:13 AM   #2
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Don't buy a twisted motion turbo. They shit the bed all the time.

If you can find an RB25 bellhousing, they bolt up with two holes dremeled out a bit.

Add a Cosworth headgasket to the list.

If you're going to make 400wtq or more, you might as well add some 11mm or 12mm headstuds to the list, the 10mm little guys can only handle so much.

GT2871r is small, will light up quick and produce a huge torque hit. This may be desirable to you, but if longevity is your goal, slow the spike down.

IMO fuck the MAF and go nismotronics and speed density. I understand if you don't have a reputable tuner in the area though. That can be a big hurdle.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:06 AM   #3
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
2871 is going to be a waste of those cams.

Why start cheaping out on a turbo and a manifold? Buy a good manifold and a 3076 and don't look back
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:07 AM   #4
Esserz
Leaky Injector

Esserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the rough
What is your power goal? The turbo you have will do all of 400
Esserz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:43 AM   #5
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
OP, you never stated a HP goal, but seeing your engine/fuel/transmission mods you probably want some serious power? If so then ditch the bottom mount turbo setup and go top mount tubular with a turbo t3 and up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post

Why start cheaping out on a turbo and a manifold? Buy a good manifold and a 3076 and don't look back
CodyAce's SR put down 400whp on the same turbo, .64 housing and an extrude-honed and swained coated oem manifold. I believe it was a ported internal gate.

I'm actually considering switching my ka-t top mount t3/t4 setup to a bottom mount 2871r and a tomei manifold. Should net close to 350-400whp with a great spool and torque curve.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:04 PM   #6
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post

Except definitely don't buy a standard GT3076R because that's a junk ass turbo.

Find yourself a used GTX if you're sticking with bottom mount, if you're going top mount and want something cheap get a Holset.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:34 PM   #7
DustysS13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post

If you can find an RB25 bellhousing, they bolt up with two holes dremeled out a bit.

If you're going to make 400wtq or more, you might as well add some 11mm or 12mm headstuds to the list, the 10mm little guys can only handle so much.

GT2871r is small, will light up quick and produce a huge torque hit. This may be desirable to you, but if longevity is your goal, slow the spike down.

IMO fuck the MAF and go nismotronics and speed density. I understand if you don't have a reputable tuner in the area though. That can be a big hurdle.
Martin with rs enthalpy comes around town every 3-6 months. He will be the tuner of the car. He is going to be building me a rom tune with a switch for 92 octane and e85 for the track

Old 11-30-2017, 09:36 PM   #8
DustysS13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post

Also I already have ARP Headstuds

Old 11-30-2017, 09:36 PM   #9
DustysS13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esserz View Post
What is your power goal? The turbo you have will do all of 400
Anywhere between 450 to 500 whp