Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:57 AM   #31
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
Update! sorry for the lag, but I currently don't have the car since it is at the shop getting some body work done. Finally Finally FINALLY!!!! I'll be driving a one colored 240 !!!! So many years in the waiting to some this doesn't matter to me its everything !! Will upload the status as i get updates from my painter!
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2017, 03:38 PM   #32
shaggy sr
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
shaggy sr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
respect!!!! keep us updated!!!
Old 11-21-2017, 08:44 AM   #33
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
So after a failed attempt to wrap my car, I sanded my car down to bare metal, used aircraft paint remover as well to get the old paint off, I must say this part of the build I hated the most!!

At this point I was so over it, I did my research and found a local painter that would help with my build.
After his inspection of my car, and after what I told him I was going for we agreed on a price that was well within my budget, and off to the painters my car went.

At the shop for more body work ...

Here are a couple of update pic my painter sent me, the excitement is real !!! 2k Primer stage

Last edited by S-Nation S13; 07-05-2018 at 10:36 PM.. Reason: PAINTER UPDATE
Old 12-10-2017, 06:29 PM   #34
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

More Updates .. we almost ready !!

Panels getting that wet wet treatment first.

And here is the color I went with ...
OEM Nissan KH2 (GT-R R32 Grey)

Final Stage ( eh maybe .. ) but for now it'll do DAMN that wet wet

Never Forget where you came from!!

Last edited by S-Nation S13; 07-05-2018 at 10:43 PM..
Old 12-10-2017, 07:43 PM   #35
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Looks incredible man. Love the amber corner lights.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 07:53 PM   #36
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
So beautiful. I was thinking of doing the KH2 for my silcoupe as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:02 PM   #37
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Looks incredible man. Love the amber corner lights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisileighty View Post
So beautiful. I was thinking of doing the KH2 for my silcoupe as well

Thanks guys for the support, gonna have to do some more work on suspension will update soon.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:37 AM   #38
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
S14Serge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Remember the start of you're thread and now to see the new paint and dam it's super dope man!!
Old 12-14-2017, 11:11 AM   #39
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Looks great in that color, so clean and aggressive.
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:55 AM   #40
Sailor
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Sailor is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Your "custom" knob is made of plastic and depending on your outer wall thickness you can sand and paint it to make it really quite finished. There are other methods (such as acetone vapor) to flattening the effect of printed parts but sanding is by far the easiest. Also when sanded you can polish/ buff the plastic to make it a semi gloss finish
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:23 PM   #41
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

R3LAX SR20DEbT Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
Your "custom" knob is made of plastic and depending on your outer wall thickness you can sand and paint it to make it really quite finished. There are other methods (such as acetone vapor) to flattening the effect of printed parts but sanding is by far the easiest. Also when sanded you can polish/ buff the plastic to make it a semi gloss finish

Actually I’ve been messing with some of the ones i just printed thinking of ways to get it smooth. Agreed sanding by far was the fastest way but the result of sanding them down left the knob having a permanent dusty look even after rinsing them off. Trial and error at this point but that you for the advice I’ll look into it.

Last edited by S-Nation S13; 12-14-2017 at 04:39 PM..
Old 12-14-2017, 12:25 PM   #42
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14Serge View Post
Remember the start of you're thread and now to see the new paint and dam it's super dope man!!

I know looking back I can’t be any more happier with the results. Commencing “winter” build mode redoing my entire front suspension lol all the bushing are dry rotted or non existent haha omg .. if it isn’t one thing it’s another with this car.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:47 PM   #43
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Update photos as i wait for more parts to come in. UPS/USPS be killing me lol.

paparazzi caught me slippin !!

Made an appearance in Dustin Williams (legends media VLOG)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVF0Ir_QoMU&t=525s

@8:46 look mom I made it moment

Last edited by S-Nation S13; 07-05-2018 at 10:44 PM..
Old 05-05-2018, 10:16 AM   #44
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

IG: nightowls.us
YouTube: wrenchaholics
Old 05-17-2018, 10:27 AM   #45
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Getting some So-cal Sun

Last edited by S-Nation S13; 07-05-2018 at 10:45 PM..
Old 05-17-2018, 10:31 AM   #46
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Love this car, so clean.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:37 AM   #47
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Love this car, so clean.

Thankyou Thankyou .. and for a second I almost thought about selling her, but that won’t happen in my lifetime.

Old 05-17-2018, 10:47 AM   #48
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Mean muggin'
Old 05-17-2018, 11:14 AM   #49
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I am an S14 guy but this thing is Rad.... Keep up the good work
Old 05-17-2018, 12:07 PM   #50
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Riding View Post
I am an S14 guy but this thing is Rad.... Keep up the good work

Nice thanks for sharing the love.. there will always be 13 guys and 14 guys but I’m glad I can bridge that gap.

Old 05-25-2018, 12:31 PM   #51
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Ill just leave this here.

Last edited by S-Nation S13; 07-05-2018 at 10:46 PM..
Old 06-19-2018, 11:50 AM   #52
greenwood
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
greenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
why are hood poppers on wrong
greenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:52 AM   #53
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwood View Post
why are hood poppers on wrong

Hood poppers wrong? As in ....

Old 06-20-2018, 11:51 AM   #54
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Have you thought about removing the hood hinge risers and bumper rubber bands? Unless the risers are needed to clear your engine setup.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:11 PM   #55
z31andrew
Zilvia Member

z31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah does your hood need to be spaced at the rear in order to clear the engine? As a vent? or are you doing it for looks?
z31andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:12 PM   #56
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Thing is the hood is already vented at the rear lol.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:21 PM   #57
z31andrew
Zilvia Member

z31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Thing is the hood is already vented at the rear lol.
Exactly, so I don't see a reason why it would be sitting like that unless he is going for a certain look or for clearance reasons. I am curious lol
z31andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:08 AM   #58
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Have you thought about removing the hood hinge risers and bumper rubber bands? Unless the risers are needed to clear your engine setup.

Bumper rubber bands help line the bumper up with fenders (i have a street faction front bash bar so the oem bumper foam was eliminated which made the bumper sag)
(hood riser is debatable on look and function, the dmax hood from the start had some fitment issues the rear cowl area hit the hood, so it was either using hood spacers or cut the underside of the hood to make it sit, my friend has the same issue on his dmax hood pop up version as well)

Old 06-21-2018, 12:09 AM   #59
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by z31andrew View Post
Yeah does your hood need to be spaced at the rear in order to clear the engine? As a vent? or are you doing it for looks?

Hood clearance issues

Old 06-21-2018, 01:47 PM   #60
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Weird I was under the impression the street faction bar was supposed to support the bumper to get rid of gap.