Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #31
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Jesus Christ Steven, I've told you before it stays with the car. Can't you see the fenders aren't on it either?? That doesn't mean they are staying off. The wing is painted. Obviously the car isn't put back together. Even the doors were off for paint. They are back on for transport. Everything else is still off the car.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #32
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Looks good... I'm half tempted to send my car to the painters before I finish my build and put it back on the road. However, when I think about the extra dough that I would have to lay down, I just can't fathom doing it. Maybe a few months or so after its back on the road...
Old 11-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #33
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Yeah I pulled this car completely apart for paint because I hate the edging around molding and stuff that is always there on a car that wasn't done that way. I did this to another car and love that it's a close to perfect paint job. It looks so factory. Love it.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:58 PM   #34
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Magical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Magical Trevor
Can't wait to start putting everything back together. This is one of those cars that has to be seen in person to fully appreciate the hard work.
Magical Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #35
jdizzy204
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
jdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Paint looks good. Whats the plan for the motor?
jdizzy204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #36
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Is that lexus starfire pearl?
leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #37
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzy204 View Post
also very interested in this. very nice paint color! want to see some shots with it out in the sunlight! i bet it looks amazing!
drscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:45 PM   #38
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:24 AM   #39
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzy204 View Post
I have the SR out of the two tone that the bottom end was built by the previous owner, so I plan to work the head over with few extra goodies and put it in this car.

The paint color is Lexus Glacier Frost Mica. It's got a little extra pearl in it over the stock paint code. I'll try to get some pics of it with a quality camera on Friday when I actually pick up the car.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:50 AM   #40
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
Jesus Christ Steven, I've told you before it stays with the car. Can't you see the fenders aren't on it either?? That doesn't mean they are staying off. The wing is painted. Obviously the car isn't put back together. Even the doors were off for paint. They are back on for transport. Everything else is still off the car.
Ah, looks like a wingless trunk from the pictures, I thought maybe you changed your mind and decided against the wing. It happens. And if it does ever happen, you know where to find me.

ps, nice paint mofo.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #41
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I want those door sills!

can't wait to see this vert finished, you got some good stuff.
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #42
180love
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
180love is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
those boobs look awfully familiar.. hahaha cant wait till shes done man.
180love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #43
greenwood
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
greenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
vert build love
greenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #44
scumbag
Zilvia Member

scumbag is an unknown quantity at this point
this uber cool !!!!!!!!!!!!! pandemorelastic!!!
scumbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:36 PM   #45
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

I'll apologize in advance for the iphone pics.

Ok got a small update for everyone. Finally got the car back home from the body shop, it was something that took way to long but I ended up paying a tow company with a flatbed to bring it home to the shop.

Ready to load up.

And back at the shop in its home.

The first order of business was to jack the car up and pressure wash the wheel wells and prep them for new undercoating. So that was handled and I didn't take pics of us doing that.

Next up was to get the car up on jack stands since the suspension on it was only to get it to the body shop and back and it was time to get to work.

Then we dropped the rear subframe and all the suspension parts.

And out and free of the car, this thing just dropped right off, and the studs on the car look pristine!!! LOVE FLORIDA CARS!!!!

Next was to do the final prep and masking for new undercoating at all four corners.

Rear passenger side

Before:

After: (still wet)

I didn't get any before pics of the rear driver side so here is after:

And I only had pics of the driver side front turn out, the passenger side is blurry.

Before:
masking off

All the welded bay holes sealed with etching primer and sealer.

And After:

Thats all I had time to do tonight. I'll get some more done on the car and actually take the nice camera in the next few days.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #46
onthegrind
Zilvia Member

onthegrind is an unknown quantity at this point
where did you get those jack stand rollers??
onthegrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #47
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

That the black car is on? I make them.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #48
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Coming along nicely. Looks good FLbro.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #49
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
what kind of undercoating is that? looks really good.
leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #50
RB180sxChris
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
RB180sxChris is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by leung View Post
what kind of undercoating is that? looks really good.
yeah what he said looks really good bro!
Old 12-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #51
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
I'm going to take a guess and say 3M. I personally believe it is the best UC I've ever used...
Old 12-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #52
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Yeah it's the 3M prograde stuff. I had to finish with the advance auto 3M can but I'm pretty sure now it's the same stuff just different cans. So don't waste the extra $1 a can on the 3M at the paint shop, the auto parts store 3M lays exactly the same. Comes out with a red tint, and dries black. I've used the 3M mix for the HPVL guns before as well and the spray bomb lays just as nice with some practice. I'll get pics of each can for you guys tomorrow.

And thanks for the compliments.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #53
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Looks good Shane. I think I'll go this route with my hatch. I've been looking around at various undercoating brands.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #54
onthegrind
Zilvia Member

onthegrind is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
That the black car is on? I make them.
yes! those are awesome! that would be so helpful for me haha make me some and sell them to me!? awesome build btw
onthegrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #55
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthegrind View Post
yes! those are awesome! that would be so helpful for me haha make me some and sell them to me!? awesome build btw
I sell them for $330 a set plus shipping. PM me if you're interested.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #56
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
I had to skip through to here just to tell you how much your first 2 posts make me want to kill myself
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:01 PM   #57
Gleeso
Leaky Injector

Gleeso is an unknown quantity at this point
Always been a fan of the convertibles, and will definitely be on the search for one later in life for somewhat of a cruiser.

I really like what you're doing with this thing, a lot of quality workmanship has been put into it so far, and you have some nice parts to match. Definitely keeping an eye on this one.
Gleeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #58
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Magical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the rough
Oh this build is going to be so exciting after the 1st of the year. Coming along very smooth.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #59
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Take those silvia fenders off your car, it looks ugly
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #60
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Sileighty ftw brah!