Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-24-2008, 02:55 AM   #1
whereda40at
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
whereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to whereda40at
SR coolent leak.....pics included

i am just getting down with putting my gt2876r on and i put my oil in and then put my coolent in. then i started to hear something pour on the ground while i was pouring coolent. it is coming from the hose behind the head. the coolent return line. i have a stainless steel line on that i had just done. i dont know if the fitting is messed up or what the deal is. i pulled on the coolent line and it does not budge thinking i might have not tightin it all the way. it seems like the coolent is coming out of the red fitting on the ss hose. the way i have this set up is i cut the regular hard line that was there and put the other end of the hard line into the ss line. they are both on really tight and do not move for anything. anyone else have this problem or could shed some light on how to get it to stop??

also where would you put your power steering canister at???
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2008, 03:04 AM   #2
sxe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
sxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
how much is "pouring out" ?
sxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:04 AM   #3
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
you didnt crush/warp the hardline when you tightened it really tight did you? if you did then i would recommend hooking it up the way its supposed to be hooked up. its a real pain in the ass but it works really well and it will be easier to get to if you unplug all of the coilpacks and move the coilpack harness out of your way when you are trying to get back there.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:04 AM   #4
whereda40at
Zilvia FREAK!

whereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxe View Post
how much is "pouring out" ?
when i pour the coolent in the rad, the coolent just falls out of the hose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
you didnt crush/warp the hardline when you tightened it really tight did you? if you did then i would recommend hooking it up the way its supposed to be hooked up. its a real pain in the ass but it works really well and it will be easier to get to if you unplug all of the coilpacks and move the coilpack harness out of your way when you are trying to get back there.
no i didnt crush the hose. i dont even think the hose clamps are strong enough to do that.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:31 PM   #5
jskateborders
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
jskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jskateborders
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereda40at View Post
the way i have this set up is i cut the regular hard line that was there and put the other end of the hard line into the ss line. they are both on really tight and do not move for anything. anyone else have this problem or could shed some light on how to get it to stop??
Do It right.... Im sorry to be outright with you, and dont take it as me trying to be an asshole, but you just learned a very important car (and Life) lesson. You do things half assed, you get half assed results. Just be glad that you learned it this way.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #6
whereda40at
Zilvia FREAK!

ok im trying to figure out the full way to do it. i cant find anything that says the way to connect that hose.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:05 PM   #7
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
there isnt anything that tells you how to do it.

look heres how it is:

1. remove braided hose from cut hardline.
2. unplug coil packs and move the harness to the left of the engine bay and away from the firewall and rear of the head (be careful and do not damage the harness while you are doing this).
3. remove hose clamp and fat heater hose from behind head.
4. once that is removed you will see your rubber hose and cut hard line sticking out....well the other end of that hose is also connected to another hard line. remove that tiny rubber hose and cut hard line and connect your braided return line to the hard line that you just exposed behind the head.
5. put everything back together in reverse order and connect the steel braided line to your turbo, etc. etc.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:49 PM   #8
whereda40at
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
there isnt anything that tells you how to do it.

look heres how it is:

1. remove braided hose from cut hardline.
2. unplug coil packs and move the harness to the left of the engine bay and away from the firewall and rear of the head (be careful and do not damage the harness while you are doing this).
3. remove hose clamp and fat heater hose from behind head.
4. once that is removed you will see your rubber hose and cut hard line sticking out....well the other end of that hose is also connected to another hard line. remove that tiny rubber hose and cut hard line and connect your braided return line to the hard line that you just exposed behind the head.
5. put everything back together in reverse order and connect the steel braided line to your turbo, etc. etc.
thanks. when i get home from work tonight ill try it. sounds like good info to me.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:02 PM   #9
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
in all honesty the "best" way to do this and not worrie about it, is to get s-14 water neck or drill n tap stock water neck.....then block off the nippler.....or even better cut the "loop" out, under the intake manifold where it makes the 90* cut it thre and connect hose to ur heater core....that will save u a lot of headaches later down the road....
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:17 PM   #10
whereda40at
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japslapsilvia View Post
in all honesty the "best" way to do this and not worrie about it, is to get s-14 water neck or drill n tap stock water neck.....then block off the nippler.....or even better cut the "loop" out, under the intake manifold where it makes the 90* cut it thre and connect hose to ur heater core....that will save u a lot of headaches later down the road....
from the sounds of it the other way sounds easyer. ill try the other way first and if that doesnt work out then your way may be an option.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:43 AM   #11
whereda40at
Zilvia FREAK!

ok now its time for some car tech little secrets to share with me. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GET THAT LITTLE HOSE OFF OF THE HARD LINE????
there is a clamp on the line that you have to use pliers to get off. it is facing down and there is no way to get pliers in there and get that clamp off. so if anyone has any experince with a simulair situation. please share.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:23 AM   #12
Mister.E
Post Whore!

i told you its a pain in the ass, lol. clearly they connected those hoses with the engine out of the car and didnt think about what would happen if someone needed to replace them. mine were facing upside down too. i dont remember what we did exactly but you could try twisting the clamp and hose together and hope it moves around the hard line enough for you to be able to take it off.

where did you get that big ass red silicone coupler on your intake?
Old 07-25-2008, 03:35 AM   #13
reccakun08
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
reccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
My guess, samco for the red silicone coupler.
reccakun08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:34 AM   #14
whereda40at
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
i told you its a pain in the ass, lol. clearly they connected those hoses with the engine out of the car and didnt think about what would happen if someone needed to replace them. mine were facing upside down too. i dont remember what we did exactly but you could try twisting the clamp and hose together and hope it moves around the hard line enough for you to be able to take it off.

where did you get that big ass red silicone coupler on your intake?
i got all the hoses from some ebay store. ill give it a try again later and let you know what happens thanks
Old 07-25-2008, 09:50 AM   #15
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
ok now its time for some car tech little secrets to share with me. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GET THAT LITTLE HOSE OFF OF THE HARD LINE????
there is a clamp on the line that you have to use pliers to get off. it is facing down and there is no way to get pliers in there and get that clamp off. so if anyone has any experince with a simulair situation. please share.
Needle Nose Vice Grips or Ive seen like 14 inch Needle nose pliers lol

I usually just grasp it real hard and twist and pull the hose

But to get to the clamp tabs, get a long ass screw driver postion it under on the the clamp tabs and pull up on the tab to "Twist" the clamp tabs up to get to it.

Hard to explain through typing
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:28 AM   #16
whereda40at
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post

But to get to the clamp tabs, get a long ass screw driver postion it under on the the clamp tabs and pull up on the tab to "Twist" the clamp tabs up to get to it.

Hard to explain through typing
i was trying to do that last night but the bitch was on realy good. but i might have been out of energy because i had worked a 10 hour day, chilled for a while and had to fight that bitch ass hose above it. so ill try later with more strengh
Old 07-25-2008, 11:09 AM   #17
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
i was trying to do that last night but the bitch was on realy good. but i might have been out of energy because i had worked a 10 hour day, chilled for a while and had to fight that bitch ass hose above it. so ill try later with more strengh
if its the stock line and never removed before you need to twist the hose so you can break loose the rust, it'll be stuck on there good
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:58 PM   #18
whereda40at
Zilvia FREAK!

well i got the line so that it wont leak. but i think that the heater hose above it is just so old that when i took the hose clamp off of it that it just cracked. so im goin to see what i can do with it and hopefuly i dont have to replace it because it looks like a bitch