Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-26-2008, 07:07 PM   #1
MrFixIt
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
MrFixIt will become famous soon enoughMrFixIt will become famous soon enoughMrFixIt will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Seatbelts!? Help!?

Ok. Doing the S14 seatbelt swap into my S13. Bought these off a guy. Claimed they were S14 fronts. Turns out, when they're bolted in, you can only lean 1/2 way foward. And when they ratchet back and lock, there is not eevn enough slack to un lock them. IE: They're too short.

This is what they look like:

Which doesn't look like S14 fronts, these:

Are these actually S14 fronts and am I just doing something wrong? Are they S14 rears? Are they out of a Quest?

hAlp!
MrFixIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2008, 07:22 PM   #2
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
i dont know if the car they come out of effects the length, i think if it is off a car in america they make one size and thats fat. there should be plenty of length, maybe they are from the back.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:03 PM   #3
Rayne
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Rayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The only way to tell if the seat belts, truely, are from the front is to hold on to the latch and let the rest of it hang straight down.

If the belt unravels you have the front seatbelts. If not you may have just bought rear seatbelts.

Seatbelt mechanisms are built in such away to unravel at specific angles, due to an internal lock. If the seatbelts are not positioned in the specific angle the belts stay locked and will not unravel.
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:00 AM   #4
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Those are S14 rear belts. They work but they must be mounted on a slight angle to keep the retractor free, making them harder to unreel from above.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:04 AM   #5
MrFixIt
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
MrFixIt will become famous soon enoughMrFixIt will become famous soon enoughMrFixIt will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
Those are S14 rear belts. They work but they must be mounted on a slight angle to keep the retractor free, making them harder to unreel from above.
Thanks for the reply. I had a suspicion they were rears.

Maby I wasn't clear. I'm only looking to swap out my front belts. I have them alligned correctly so that the belt unwinds. It is simply too short.

Thanks for all the help guys. I have an angry PM to go write
MrFixIt is offline   Reply With Quote