Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 05:25 PM   #1
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (53)
JDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
S13 SR auto harness to 5 speed moor set problem?

I am trying to figure out what to do with the s13 auto SR harness on a 5 speed s13 SR motor set

The TPS connector is different - I am not to sure of there is more different or not? Help please.

I looked at the s13 SR auto harness (6 pin) TPS plug - verses the s13 SR 5 speed (3 pin) TPS plug

There are 3 wires on the auto plug that are the came color as the 3 wires on the 5 speed plug.

Can I just repin the 5 speed plug onto the auto harness and not use the 3 left over wires and all will work correctly?

I would look at the FSM's pin out but I do not have a FSM for the s13's ECU pin outs - if anyone has or knows where to get one - I would be much greatful!

Please help thanx!

Auto TPS Plug

5 Speed TPS plug

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2008, 07:49 PM   #2
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

JDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of light
Nevermind - I figured it all out tonight - so if anyone comes on this thread later and has the same question I did - here is the answer;

Use the white wire from the auto tps plug to where the white wire goes on the 5 speed tps plug

Use the black wire from the auto tps plug to where the black wire goes on the 5 speed tps plug

Use the light green wire w/ red stripe from the auto tps plug to where the light green w/ red stripe wire on the 5 speed tps plug goes

So basically you are just swapping color for color between the 2 plugs and whats left over cut them at differnt lengths (so the dont short out) and tape them up into the harness (to hide and keep safe from shorting out)

I will add pix later on.

I finally found a s13 sr20det ecu pinout - to justify if this was correct or not.

If anyone has any questions about this LMK I will help as much as I can.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:03 AM   #3
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
They won't short out because they run to the automatic computer plug that is near the ECU plug.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:42 AM   #4
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert View Post
They won't short out because they run to the automatic computer plug that is near the ECU plug.

ahh ok thanx man!
Old 07-25-2008, 10:05 PM   #5
fairladysx_s13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
fairladysx_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fairladysx_s13
ecu pinout? im in need. i wired the tps like this and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. so im just ganna hard wire it.