Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-25-2008, 09:40 AM   #1
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
zaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
how would a car run with these spark plugs?

i have a sr20det and needed spark plugs , went to auto zone and the guy gave me the wrong plugs but i didnt realize it till next day

they are BKR5E-11 spark plugs from what i gather there for a mazda ,

about 20 -30 min of drive time before i pulled them and put the right ones in but , can u tell me how it would drive i juss want to be sure i got the problem fixed thanks

http://www.ngk.com/more_info.asp?int...=1264&pid=3484
zaquanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2008, 09:49 AM   #2
louisdaboois
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
louisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
its a couple ranges hotter than what is normally used in SR's. drivability shouldnt be affected or anything.
louisdaboois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:10 AM   #3
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

zaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura about
i gaped them down to 32 if it matter?

could spark plugs get too hot , it looked like they where heating up to the point the color started changing around the first thread of the plug by the tip

it was dark but almost like those titanium burnt tips
Old 07-25-2008, 10:23 AM   #4
Bomber 570
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Bomber 570 is close to perfectionBomber 570 is close to perfectionBomber 570 is close to perfectionBomber 570 is close to perfectionBomber 570 is close to perfectionBomber 570 is close to perfectionBomber 570 is close to perfectionBomber 570 is close to perfectionBomber 570 is close to perfectionBomber 570 is close to perfectionBomber 570 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bomber 570 Send a message via MSN to Bomber 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisdaboois View Post
its a couple ranges hotter than what is normally used in SR's. drivability shouldnt be affected or anything.

yah, you know, except for the knocking and detonation, he should be fine

gap them out or run colder plugs, running too hot on a boosted engine is just asking for knocking/pinging and pre-detonation, which = loss of power and worse fuel economy.
"Why would you buy a gun, unless you intend to kill someone?"

Both are retarded statements.
-Im In Your Post-
---Stealin' Ur Reps---

Bomber 570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:27 AM   #5
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/techinf...overviewp2.asp
Old 07-25-2008, 10:32 AM   #6
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

thanks , i mean it ran like that , and then i juss pulled them out so hopfully its all good , ill drive it later today
Old 07-25-2008, 11:02 AM   #7
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
You need atleast 6 heat range for stock and gapped down to atleast .030. You can use Z32 TT for a cross reference if youre looking for a stock set...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:06 AM   #8
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

ive ben running these should i get 6 instead ?

BKR7E-11 v power
Old 07-25-2008, 11:17 AM   #9
jrocslider
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
jrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
BKR6EIX-11 (3764) or BKR7EIX-11 (6988) for the NGK iridium plugs
Old 07-25-2008, 12:13 PM   #10
louisdaboois
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
louisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber 570 View Post
yah, you know, except for the knocking and detonation, he should be fine
i mean, in all honesty it's just 1 stage warmer than whats recommended for sr's, i doubt it'll make a huge difference with it detonating. if it were like 2+ stages warmer then i can see it having spark knock. anyway, thats just me. (sorry for misinformation, i suppose)

but to the op, run at least 6's for optimal efficiency.
louisdaboois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:55 PM   #11
let5l1de
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (30)
let5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to let5l1de Send a message via Yahoo to let5l1de
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisdaboois View Post
i mean, in all honesty it's just 1 stage warmer than whats recommended for sr's, i doubt it'll make a huge difference with it detonating. if it were like 2+ stages warmer then i can see it having spark knock. anyway, thats just me. (sorry for misinformation, i suppose)

but to the op, run at least 6's for optimal efficiency.
1 stage is really not that big of a deal and a nearly stock engine. If you have many mods and have been tuned, it usually means your margin for error (spark plug temp range as an example) will be reduced, increasing the chance for premature detonation, ign. timing change and overheating in extreme load conditions....

at least you changed them. I believe poor spark plug maintenance has the potential to be much worse than 1 heat range pt.
let5l1de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:34 PM   #12
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

oh it ran like shit , like a permenant boost leak thru all rpms, juss sputterin along and lots of back fire , still ran the same but SLOW and bogged it didnt sound good ,
Old 07-25-2008, 02:21 PM   #13
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
You probably have gobs of carbon buildup. Sea foam the slop out of it.

Drop your gap a bit too. Go to .28 if its stock, high boost .23
Old 07-25-2008, 02:26 PM   #14
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

isnt that kinda low ive ben runin .32 and some people that i know run .30

ill get sea foam on the way home ,BTW for any one else that gets on here , seafoam works very well