Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #61
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
My name is Dylan. idk i havent really deciphered that much yet, today was my second day at my new job so my mind was elsewhere. as far as i've come up with is:

im at some random school and Yngwie Malmsteen was having a show in the MPR. when i got there some middle aged chick was playin his set! (still shredding though)

idk what the fuck this was about

i ended up at this tattoo shop i used to work at and for some reason, my ex-girlfriend was tattooing somebody. she has 0 artistic talent IRL. so while she's tattooing, i turn to the owner and ask him why i was fired. instead of telling me, he goes straight into this story of a surgery that ruined his chest tattoos.

maybe i need to confront my old boss.

i really loved that job, and they just stopped writing my schedule. nobody could tell my why. i did everything right and spoke with respect to everybody.

we (myself and her) ended up in the front of my house just standing there. not looking at eachother or anything in particular and not saying a word. like an uneasy truce.

maybe i need to make peace with her, we did experience alot together and end in a BAD way.

at that point, my buddies pull up to my driveway and i get in the car and drive. from what i remember about my surroundings, there was an old oil tank and the rest was desert.

heres where it gets odd.

as we're driving through the desert, im thinking to myself "what am i doing here, where the fuck are we going?" and when i open my mouth to say "i need to go home" my tongue swells up and i go deaf. everybody in the car turns and stares at me but the car is still going forward. i cant speak or hear but i somehow explain that i cant go where they're headed and understand, clear as day, that they cant turn back. if i wanted to go home, i had to find my own way there.

maybe im not meant for the same lifestyles they want to live. i hate the 9 to 5 life, it seems so bland and unfulfilling which is why im enlisting in september. we'll still be brothers, but we're headed in different directions.

the rest is a mystery wrapped in an enigma.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:20 AM   #62
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
You guys are on some ol' Inception type shit.

I'm going to Amazon that Lucid Dreaming book. I found out that if I ever get hot during sleep, like too many blankets or the A/C is off, I have nightmares. I wonder if I could combat that with Lucid Dreaming, even not, I would love to be able to form dreams and what not, seems like lately I just sleep and wake up at the alarm, never really remember if I do dream or not.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #63
rc1honda
Zilvia Junkie

rc1honda is an unknown quantity at this point
For any of those out there really interested in this subject I have book that is a absolute must read. I consider this book to be part of my hidden knowledge.

And here is where you buy it. Note how expensive the new ones go for. Also note that every review this book has is 5 star.

http://www.amazon.com/Lucid-Dreamer-.../dp/0671872486

P.S. I consider this book to be one of the most powerful books in existence. I also consider it to be a path to the "darkside" for those not capable of handling the experience.

It goes over the history of dreaming, the science and spirituality of dreaming, ancient practice and belief, and certain practices to achieve lucidity. Couple that with great writing with a scientific bias, funny anecdotal evidence and awesome art and you have a great book.
I can't stress it enough. I honestly think that if you are reading this post you should feel lucky and privileged to have had the chance of even owning this book.
rc1honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:35 AM   #64
jdhariwal
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jdhariwal is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
you guys are going way too deep into this "dream interpretation" crap
jdhariwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:05 AM   #65
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
i get deja vu too, a lot actually, and i dream and wake up in my dream swell, but when i take fat burners and or vitamin b6 or metabolism boosters, i trip out and can't sleep, as I'm starting to sleep, my thoughts won't stop, if i manage to start sleeping i immediately dream, but as the dream starts its dark and hardcore bad vibe, i hear shit, feel shit, its insane, i wanna say its like something is messing with me, its like right now thats why I'm not asleep lol.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:49 AM   #66
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhariwal View Post
you guys are going way too deep into this "dream interpretation" crap
i had one confusing dream and shared it in a fitting thread, simmer down.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #67
jdhariwal
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jdhariwal is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just sayin, I don't believe in "dream interpretation", how everything in your dreams really means something. I think its just random thoughts that are projected when you sleep.
jdhariwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #68
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

could be that i need to get this shit out of the way and out of my mind so i can focus on lucid dreaming.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #69
angelus erratus
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
angelus erratus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is interesting, I will look into it more. The vivid dreams i have usually have me out of the picture. I either die, and see the dream through some unknown medium, or sometimes i am seeing the dream through some one else's eyes, and never come into the picture.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #70
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I've had a few lucid dreams. One that was about as good as I could imagine it getting. I realized I was dreaming (I looked in a mirror and it didn't look right) and didn't wake up at all. The thought of 'what do you want to do' came into my head and I just said 'fly'. When that happened the whole building exploded that I was in and I was shooting through...well I guess it may have been the universe or something...but I was going incredibly fast and the sensation of flying was more emotional then physical, it isn't particularly describable, but it was amazingly positive.

I've had a few other realizations of being in a dream but the dreams collapsed (quite literally, they got super shakey and crumbled) and I either wake up or tumble into another dream without realizing.

I had another flying dream the other day but it was totally different as I didn't really realize I was dreaming. As I was deducing the situation I was in I got closer and closer to the ground and when I landed I realized I was dreaming and woke up.

If you've ever had a real lucid dream, like you can make ANYTHING happen on a whim, you'll definitely wake up in the morning and find it much easier to believe that our reality could simply be an illusion, or a dream on some grander scale.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #71
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
I've had a few other realizations of being in a dream but the dreams collapsed (quite literally, they got super shakey and crumbled) and I either wake up or tumble into another dream without realizing.
happened to me recently
i woke up after the dream world shook me out of it. it was really discomforting, i felt really exhausted mentally
Old 02-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #72
punn303
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (82)
punn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc1honda View Post
For any of those out there really interested in this subject I have book that is a absolute must read. I consider this book to be part of my hidden knowledge.

And here is where you buy it. Note how expensive the new ones go for. Also note that every review this book has is 5 star.

Amazon.com: The Lucid Dreamer: A Waking Guide for the Traveler Between Worlds (9780671872489): Malcolm Godwin: Books

P.S. I consider this book to be one of the most powerful books in existence. I also consider it to be a path to the "darkside" for those not capable of handling the experience.

It goes over the history of dreaming, the science and spirituality of dreaming, ancient practice and belief, and certain practices to achieve lucidity. Couple that with great writing with a scientific bias, funny anecdotal evidence and awesome art and you have a great book.
I can't stress it enough. I honestly think that if you are reading this post you should feel lucky and privileged to have had the chance of even owning this book.
Excellent book, read it many years ago.
punn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:02 AM   #73
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
happened to me recently
i woke up after the dream world shook me out of it. it was really discomforting, i felt really exhausted mentally
Weird, I haven't had that effect from it. I am typically just pissed I woke up and am not flying around through space.

I also ordered that book tonight off amazon (not new). I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #74
rc1honda
Zilvia Junkie

rc1honda is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
Weird, I haven't had that effect from it. I am typically just pissed I woke up and am not flying around through space.

I also ordered that book tonight off amazon (not new). I'm looking forward to checking it out.
You won't regret it. Just remember not to take it to seriously. Also to other posters. This thread is not about dream interpretation at all.

Dream interpretation is like numerology, or tarot cards. Complete bullshit.

Lucid dreaming is a scientific phenomenon. Readily reproduced in a laboratory that almost completely shatters the traditional ideas in the way we perceive and interact with reality.
rc1honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #75
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
I recently had a dream in which I woke up, realized I had been dreaming, wrote in my dream journal about said dream, got ready and went to class. Some time after that I actually woke up and was kinda pissed that I realized in my dream that I was dreaming but didn't do anything about it.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #76
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Been wanting to do this recently after seeing 4chan threads on it. I think i'm going to start a dream journal.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #77
sil80owner
Zilvia Junkie

sil80owner is an unknown quantity at this point
i havnt had any nightmares to my knowledge since i was a kid....these past two days i've had back to back nightmares hmmmm
sil80owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:57 AM   #78
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
my girlfriends memory of her dreams are freaking ridiculous. She remembers crazy details days after. So i told her to research lucid dreaming and give it a shot, cuz apparently having a good memory for your dreams is a pretty important part of it.

She didnt seem to interested,....lol
what the efffffffffff
Old 02-21-2012, 10:00 PM   #79
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Holy Fucking shit. My friend told me about lucid dreaming in like junior year of high school. Ofcourse that kid was on shrooms literally and did a lot of drugs, but i thought that was some weird vodoo shit until about 6 months ago (estimated) that i recall having 2 dreams back to back. I was in the first dream and when i moved my head to look somewhere else, i tumbled into the next dream.

The first dream was just me standing in an oddly designed room. It was like a store. I remember a giant ass cake being used as a pillar to support the ceiling. I received a text message. The message was from my then ex girlfriend who i am currently dating right now. She asked to get back together; i declined and said I never wanted to see her again. After pressing enter on my iphone and puttng it in my pocket, I look up and i just remember the scene that i was looking at.

I turn my head and then get tumbled into another dream

All I remember about this dream is that I die. I do not know how, I just understand that my death occurs in this dream.

So randomly, my mother asks me to go to some bakery. It is located at an intersection I drive by daily, but I have never noticed what stores were in the shopping center. I was shocked kinda when she said that there was a bakery there. I go inside and order whatever my mom wanted. I receive a text and turn around. (My girlfriend and I literally Got back together on October 1st of last year, the date of me being at the bakery was October 4th)

This is the exact scene I saw in my dream

Obviously I told my mom and my gf and my best friend but no one cared. I'm freaking out because I am expecting to get stabbed or something.

My mother also told me an interesting story. I have a cousin who has a toddler. When my mom went to go visit my cousins daughter, the little girl started reaching for my mom saying (in indian) "Mina, remember when you were little and I carried you all around (Some relative)'s house? You were such a fussy child but I still took care of you. Now it is your turn." Mind you that this is a really young child who just began speaking. My mother told me that the little girl gave very precise descriptions that neither my cousin nor her mother would know. This is slightly off topic but just thought I would share

I will go pick up the 2 or 3 books mentioned earlier, and try to investigate how I am supposed to die. I want to see if I can use lucid dreaming to open up some doors in my subconscience and get some answers. I just need to know how to think (ie figure out what kind of questions i should ask to get the answers i desire). Doesn't lucid dreaming have negative side effects though? I am positive that I read somewhere about people not being able to dream correctly or fear dreaming after some period of time. Or maybe I am thinking about Inception
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:34 PM   #80
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
^ that's crazy dude. lol
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:33 AM   #81
cornloaf
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (55)
cornloaf is just really nicecornloaf is just really nicecornloaf is just really nicecornloaf is just really nicecornloaf is just really nicecornloaf is just really nicecornloaf is just really nicecornloaf is just really nicecornloaf is just really nice
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cornloaf
when im bored of my day to day occurences, i just load up a good ol hit of DMT and wallah! off to space. instantaneous breakthrough out of this plane, complete dislocation of mind and body. I guess its similiar to lucid dreaming as its an out of body experience. i don't want to get too into it, because i'll never stop talking about it, but yeah. its basically the shit. im sure anyone thats tried it, can vouch.
cornloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:06 AM   #82
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
i havent researched alot about it,. but the only negative experience to lucid dreaming that i came acrossed seem to be people 'dreaming their lives away'

Some dr.'s or psychiatrist did some studies to people that lost limbs or fingers and toes, and taught them how to dream lucidly,..where they can still feel the sensation of using the appendages,. running, jumping etc. But then these people just wanted to live their lives, dream by dream.

...and they teach people that have commonly reoccurring night-terrors to give it a try,..and control the mood of the dream

pretty fuckin crazy huh.

otherwise tho,. its not like ur consuming anything that would give you any sort of side effect, i guess its just how your wired up there.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #83
korco
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
korco is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I've had such crazy dream my self even about the future just the other night dreamt about the world ending and only half the world survived odl how. I don't quiet remember the dream very well but it was EPIC!! I woke like damnnnn that shit CRAYY
korco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:04 AM   #84
240sxDavid
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
240sxDavid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Tried the writing down dream stuff for a week and didn't do much for me, BUT I gott hella shitfaced at a party and dreamt about this girl that was there that night and it was the BEST dream I've had in a while.. Too bad she has a BF in real life...she was classy

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk
240sxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:21 AM   #85
sr20sean
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
sr20sean is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sr20sean
I have had a few weird lucid dreams that I no longer remember but the past 3 nights I've somehow been getting stuck in a sleep paralysis stage because of lyme disease coming back, feeling restless, mixed with insomnia, but just laying there trying to sleep and I can't so I'd open my eyes to get up to get food since I couldn't fall asleep but I could not for the life of me move. Then I started seeing figures, and hearing noises (this was not the typical noises this shit was fucking demonic sounding.) I was stuck, unable to move, while these demonic looking/sounding figures were standing over my bed. The first night I thought I was having a heart attack, second night was a severe panic attack and last night was just freaking me out. I'm not sure if this has ANY relation to the out of body experience I had that was similar to it years ago, I was definitely awake, I was literally paralyzed but I was forcing myself to get up and somehow I got up and was able to walk around. When I looked at myself I looked normal but when I looked in the mirror I looked just like the black figures with the red eyes. Then I looked back at the bed and I was still laying there. SCARY AS HELL.

Also if you ever get sleep paralysis followed by an out of body experience GET BACK IN YOUR BODY. There have been people saying that the black shadow figures with red eyes have tried getting into their body until they went up to it and they ran away. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be something more spiritual and saying the black figures are people/spirits trying to find bodies or what really.

Whatever you do DO NOT follow what this post says this will give you the most horrible, vivid nightmares you will ever encounter. It recently popped up on 9gag after the first night of sleep paralysis.

Cliff notes: Florida
sr20sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #86
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
I have had some lucid dreams. It mostly happens to me when I am having a nightmare and I realize that what is happening is so absurd that I must be dreaming.

I am not sure what its called but allot of times I will wake up from a nightmare and continue hallucinating for a few seconds even though I am fully awake. For instance, I will wake up bolt upright and look over in the corner of my room and see like a corpse or demon or whatever and freak the fuck out for a second before I come to my senses. Its actually really scary and looks so real...

I have also had ALOT of deja vu. I have always had issues with sleep walking especially when I was young. I don't think I sleep walk anymore but whos to say for sure.
word sux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #87
HellaFlushSRs13
Leaky Injector

HellaFlushSRs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Weirdest dreams of my life were when I was taking Larium (malaria preventative medication) it was like an acid dream in my sleep, I'm talkin full on driving down a road that turns into an elephants trunk type shit.

Anywho I have lucid dreams all the time, I love it... In addition I've found that I set my alarm for an hour or two before I actually have to get up and snooze every 10 mins it's like a million times better cus that 10 mins is like an eternity of dream time in my own personal funland. Plus since u really only remember like (what is in reality) only a few minutes of each dream it's a way to remember more of ur dreams. Oooh and if i don't wake urself up completely I can sometimes go back into the same dream, fuckin epic for those dreams with the supermodels and champaign
HellaFlushSRs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #88
nevertheless
Zilvia Junkie

nevertheless is an unknown quantity at this point
I used to Lucid dream all the time when I was a kid. I read that guide above, but couldn't fall asleep on my back for like 20 minutes, so I said eff it. haha
Old 03-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #89
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
o man I have actually done that were I have willed myself back into a super good dream that I woke up in the middle of.

I just remembered the other lucid dreams that I get allot. It usually starts with me jumping somehow to extraordinary heights and realizing that this is ridiculous and just enjoying jumping around thousands of feet in the air like a superhero.. kinda silly but true

i seem to be able to take control of dreams when I realize that whats going on it so absurd that it can't be real
word sux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:56 AM   #90
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
so after you guys make these dream journals, like after you write in them, do you go back and read them the next night before you go to sleep? or what?

sometimes i can control my dreams, but i don't really lucid dream or anything like that.

though sometimes while im sleeping, i can feel time passing in real life. makes for a long nights rest when you can feel 7 hours pass by.

i can also sometimes hear people around me in real life, talking while im asleep.