Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 10-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
claytoncallihan

Trader Rating: (1)
claytoncallihan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Best universal cup holder?

Was wondering where people are currently getting cup holders for their s13's? I dont have any cupholder in mine and its very frustrating. I want at least one. Just wanted to know if some of em around the net have bad reps or good reps, or where you think the best place to get em is. Thanks guys
claytoncallihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
remove the change holder from the center console.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
This .
Old 10-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
claytoncallihan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
change holder? are you talking about the ash tray? and if so, how big of a drink can it hold? will a soda can fit fine?

Thank you again
Old 10-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #5
iBlaze240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
iBlaze240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yes you can fit anything from a beer bottle, 12-20oz can, to a 32oz large soda. What I have used that works great for me is the Bell vent cupholder that I see a lot of people use on here. I like the look a lot but the only drawback is that the clips don't hold anything heavy and I need it to hold my DD large 32oz coffee every morning, and my 32oz MD Baja Blasts during the day...haha. But the cupholder couldn't hold these very well so my solution was removing the whole dash to unclip the center vent from the rear, you can't do it from the front due to 8 clips, and removed to fins from the vent. Then I pushed the cupholder clips through and wrapped a strong wire around the ends of each clip and bent the ends up. It now can easily hold 5-7 lbs and holds my drinks great everyday. Hope I helped some, btw they are sold at Advance Auto Parts for like $11 or online for like $6. Here's a pic, you can see where I mounted it in the center vent.

BTW, I noticed your in VB. Do you go to the weekend meets at Genro's on Independence?

iBlaze240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #6
fiascoelment
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
fiascoelment is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Scout the JDM arm rest cup holders
fiascoelment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:38 PM   #7
Teddy Bruckshot
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Teddy Bruckshot is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
http://zilvia.net/f/interior-exterio...p-holders.html

This ^^^^^^

Teddy Bruckshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:06 PM   #8
rcdad123
Zilvia Addict

rcdad123 is an unknown quantity at this point
i used a 3 inch hole saw to cut a hole on my 89 arm rest. next time i`m gonna cut 2 holes so the passenger can have a cup holder too. i used to do the ash tray thing too. i also had a center vent mount that i used for air freshner, but the hooks that attaches to the vents stopped working due to heat. it gets pretty hot in Lakeside.
rcdad123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #9
240BrittonHatch

240BrittonHatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Duct tape in the center console works pretty well if you have used the right amount of the roll. probably still cheaper and handier even if you have to waste half a roll, since you will then always have duct tape with you
240BrittonHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #10
claytoncallihan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlaze240 View Post
Yes you can fit anything from a beer bottle, 12-20oz can, to a 32oz large soda. What I have used that works great for me is the Bell vent cupholder that I see a lot of people use on here. I like the look a lot but the only drawback is that the clips don't hold anything heavy and I need it to hold my DD large 32oz coffee every morning, and my 32oz MD Baja Blasts during the day...haha. But the cupholder couldn't hold these very well so my solution was removing the whole dash to unclip the center vent from the rear, you can't do it from the front due to 8 clips, and removed to fins from the vent. Then I pushed the cupholder clips through and wrapped a strong wire around the ends of each clip and bent the ends up. It now can easily hold 5-7 lbs and holds my drinks great everyday. Hope I helped some, btw they are sold at Advance Auto Parts for like $11 or online for like $6. Here's a pic, you can see where I mounted it in the center vent.

BTW, I noticed your in VB. Do you go to the weekend meets at Genro's on Independence?

Ive been by freedom sometimes, but havent made it to jenros yet. from what i heard its just people fighting and a lot of rice... doesnt sound like that much fun haha i usually stick to myself and a few friends. not to mention my 240 isnt exactly pretty yet haha, but luckily my T.A. ws6 will be back on the road soon, so maybe ill try out jenros, idk. you in hampton roads?

edit: and teddy, thank you, i love those. i am going to try and order one
Old 10-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #11
iBlaze240
Leaky Injector

iBlaze240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by claytoncallihan View Post
Ive been by freedom sometimes, but havent made it to jenros yet. from what i heard its just people fighting and a lot of rice... doesnt sound like that much fun haha i usually stick to myself and a few friends. not to mention my 240 isnt exactly pretty yet haha, but luckily my T.A. ws6 will be back on the road soon, so maybe ill try out jenros, idk. you in hampton roads?

edit: and teddy, thank you, i love those. i am going to try and order one
Its not bad at jenros, I'm actually here at this moment. I've never seen a fight and I'm here every weekend.
iBlaze240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #12
claytoncallihan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlaze240 View Post
Its not bad at jenros, I'm actually here at this moment. I've never seen a fight and I'm here every weekend.
my buddy told me there was a fight last weekend -_- haha ima be mad if he was lying >.< but ill check it out sometime man, whats your name?
Old 09-19-2017, 07:13 AM   #13
Afsana

Afsana is an unknown quantity at this point
Many of you have told about cup holders. I know all of you have good knowledge about the issue and hope anyone can suggest me. I Have bought a new branded car and thinking to set up a good cup holder in my car. I have read many articles from online sources and found most them are marketing oriented description. Little while ago I was reading a cup holder review from an online source. Although this thread is old, but some expert or user of cup holders still can provide me a good suggestion or any other reliable sources of best cup holders.
Afsana is offline   Reply With Quote