Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-12-2017, 05:45 PM   #31
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I know if my 97 had that low miles, I'd doubt I'd do anything permanent. But since it's 200k+ and the motor is on its last leg, it's getting swapped with something, just haven't decided on what.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2017, 06:37 PM   #32
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nice. I think a stock ca18 would be more appropriate for its year if you wanna keep it as stock as possible and still give you that little kick your looking for, completely stock down to the smic. Not to mention they're prettier. Shock replacements, oem size new tires, and you're all set. Either that, or just leave it as is, store it and drive it every once in a while.
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:23 PM   #33
Trap Star
Zilvia Junkie

Trap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Trap Star
Whats up with all the CA suggestions? They're garbage IMO. I know some people love them but I can't ever see myself buying one unless its already in the car.

If you do a 5 speed swap do it to OEM Nissan spec, no short cuts. Document everything, keep receipts, take pictures, etc. That really is an excellent example of an S13 and you're not going to find many in that condition. I totally understand the painful autotragic experience though. My 90 coupe was auto as well and I tore that shit out as soon as I could.

If you have storage space keep any OEM parts that you pull off it so you can return it to stock later. Any way you decide to go just remember documentation is extremely important for a collector car.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:28 PM   #34
leedle-leedle-lee

leedle-leedle-lee is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Star View Post
no short cuts. Document everything, keep receipts, take pictures, etc.
This, this, this, this, this, this, all of this.
leedle-leedle-lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 12:29 AM   #35
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
I'd buy a donor s13 that is factory M/T car and literally switch everything over so not even those with the keenest of eyes could tell it use to be an automatic. If you can't perform that level of work I'd recommend leaving as is.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:22 AM   #36
Nissan2nr22
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Nissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Owned cas, junk.
Stop suggesting cas, ca was cool like 10 years ago
Nissan2nr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 06:30 AM   #37
silviamang
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
silviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yeah wuts up wit all dis CA talk?? Put an LS1 in it bro and make it a manuel. HELL YEAH!!

You got 2 fix dat exterior tho. Looks soooo boring. Rocket bunny would be dopeee! Also some PHAT varstoens.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
silviamang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 07:27 AM   #38
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Don't touch it. Buy another S13 to modify. Keep this one low mileage and OEM.
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:03 AM   #39
TekunoStarBerto

TekunoStarBerto is an unknown quantity at this point
*Just my opinion obviously*
What's the point in buying a low mileage car if youre just gonna trash the low mile engine? Buy an unfortunate shell and restore it to its former glory and have some fun with that along the way. But leave this literal baby in its glory. If you do go on to take stuff off, take your time and store it ALL... I just feel there is no reason to do anything besides flawlessly 5spd swap it when there are few clean 40's and plenty of trash ones you can have fun with. She's beautiful man! Congrats and good luck!
Old 01-13-2017, 09:44 AM   #40
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Star View Post
Whats up with all the CA suggestions? They're garbage IMO. I know some people love them but I can't ever see myself buying one unless its already in the car.

If you do a 5 speed swap do it to OEM Nissan spec, no short cuts. Document everything, keep receipts, take pictures, etc. That really is an excellent example of an S13 and you're not going to find many in that condition. I totally understand the painful autotragic experience though. My 90 coupe was auto as well and I tore that shit out as soon as I could.

If you have storage space keep any OEM parts that you pull off it so you can return it to stock later. Any way you decide to go just remember documentation is extremely important for a collector car.
Garbage why, because they need to be overhauled due to being 30 fucking years old? The head design is better than SR, it shares architecture with the RB engines.
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:44 AM   #41
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan2nr22 View Post
Owned cas, junk.
what exactly was "junk" about it?
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:57 AM   #42
Trap Star
Zilvia Junkie

Trap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Trap Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkicpe View Post
Garbage why, because they need to be overhauled due to being 30 fucking years old? The head design is better than SR, it shares architecture with the RB engines.
Sure thats a start. I've seen extremely well built and maintained CA's that still never ran right or blew up. Parts aren't nearly as available either when compared to SR's (this is why I wouldn't buy an RB either). I'm sure there are good CA's out there but in my experience they are few and far between.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:07 AM   #43
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Its like there's a reason that nissan made the CA for 4-ish years and then made the SR for 10+...
Old 01-13-2017, 10:53 AM   #44
JM216S14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
JM216S14 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTomCatt View Post
It was a two owner car before me. The original owner was an older Japanese lady living on the island of Oahu in Hawaii. She didn't have a far commute to work and stopped driving it in her later years and put it into storage. The second owner was a middle aged man that impulse bought the car off of her based off of the condition. He barely had the time to drive it and only put 600 miles on it from when he bought it off of her. Fast forward 2 years and I have a super low miles, full maintenance record from the day it left the lot to today. It truly is a 20000 mile car.
wow that's a far trip from hawaii to pa did you ship it?
JM216S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:53 AM   #45
XMcEvilson
Zilvia Member

XMcEvilson is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldn't change anything under the hood. I'd just remove the weird stripe on the sides and get some cool stock sized wheels like a volk 57v, etc
XMcEvilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:21 AM   #46
Nissan2nr22
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Nissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Quote:
lol rbs, thats all im going to say

Quote:
what exactly was "junk" about it?
lol
Nissan2nr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 12:49 PM   #47
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
With mileage like that, it deserves to be preserved,

However........

If I were to swap, it would be a *CLEAN* and simple T28 SR 5 speed swap.
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 01:11 PM   #48
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jared420sx is on the path to ruinjared420sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
You fucked up. This is almost as bad as buying a rust bucket. Youre pretty much obliged to do nothing to it. And anything else would be a sin.
Just keep it and buy another. Just wrap this one up and roll it into a barn for the future. In 25-35 years it just might be worth a pretty penny and you would have done the community justice.

I feel a sr would ruin it. It wasnt meant to be in this car its lhd lol. Keep it orignal!! Dont ruin it!
jared420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 01:15 PM   #49
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
CA18 is fanboy status but you recommend an SR? Wat....

I actually recommend the CA. Keep it period correct. If you do go SR, spend the extra coupla bucks to put a notchtop in at least.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:22 PM   #50
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
No swap. Rebuild motor, add boost and 5 spd or 6spd sr tranny!
Old 01-13-2017, 01:26 PM   #51
hatch4life
Leaky Injector

hatch4life is an unknown quantity at this point
manual swapped you could get 6k easy for it around me and I'm in pa as well

I was watching fast n loud or one of those shows last night and got me thinking how much something like that would go for 20 or 30 years from now..
hatch4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 02:18 PM   #52
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Do NOT touch this car. This thing is absolutely perfect...... minus the automatic. I would swap in a 5 speed, nice clutch, flywheel, nismo slave and new master. Document every item, receipts and installation. The value WILL increase if done to OEM standards. This is one example I would simply replace bushings, endlinks, hoses, etc... with as many factory parts as possible (just new). Maintain OEM clamps on all hoses from coolant, oil to air and ps. Avoid using worm gear clamps on items that were not there from Nissan. If you do these simple things and maintain the low mileage, you will absolutely turn a profit in another 4-5 years. Hell I may buy it.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:03 PM   #53
andisan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
andisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Yeah I would try to keep it to OEM as possible and find another to modify

Then sell it to a collector
Old 01-13-2017, 03:21 PM   #54
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
You don't need to do a motor swap, the 5 speed swap is just fine.

But if you have the budget to go SR its a lot of fun. I would save up for some wheels and coilovers.

you'll enjoy the car a lot more.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 05:02 PM   #55
lok
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
lok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Do NOT touch this car. This thing is absolutely perfect...... minus the automatic. I would swap in a 5 speed, nice clutch, flywheel, nismo slave and new master.
Nismo slave cylinder?

Shut up Scottie

Waste of money upgrade for no reason. Haha
lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 05:18 PM   #56
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzS13 View Post
I would just 5 speed swap it and run the KA24E until it died. But maybe prep an SR along the way :P
This guy has the right idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlieberman240 View Post
Leave it alone. Preserve it as best you can. No point in hacking up a perfectly mint car. Only way I'd be taking that engine out and putting an SR in it, is if it was a brand new long block... and even then, I'd wait.

Leave it be. Keep it in the garage and keep it mint. If you want something to put an SR, go buy another one that has a busted motor in it that's on its last leg and swap that.
...but there is also a point to be made here. The KA24E won't be magically awesome with a manual transmission. I just bought a CA18DE two-tone Q's out here and it's factory manual. While it's less boring than an auto it just barely keeps me awake.

I'm normally an asshole on this forum. I've been PM'd many times telling me so. I take pride in it and although you don't know me please trust me (a stranger) when I say that there is some good advice in here. Most new dudes posting threads like this get ripped new assholes.

Preserve it. If you want to 5speed swap it then do it. It's your money. If you want to put a motor in it, swap in an SR or even a low-mileage KA24DE. just please, for the love of the universe and everything in it, don't ruin another two-tone.

You seem like a nice guy. You've got a forum-asshole's vote of confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan2nr22 View Post
Owned cas, junk.
...dude you sold that car so fucking fast lol. 'fuckouttahere. I mean you're right, but...shit.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:25 PM   #57
hatch4life
Leaky Injector

hatch4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Any "upgrade" will be lost money... especially a ca
hatch4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 06:30 PM   #58
Hakosuka1700

Hakosuka1700 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd say preserve it, maybe a 5 speed if you really want it. If you decide to do an engine swap, SR over CA. I have a CA and it isn't a bad engine, but if something does go wrong it's a pain. There are crossover parts from the Pulsar NX 1.8 and some other Nissans of the time, but some of the parts specific to the RWD CA can be difficult to find, which gets very inconvenient if you need to use the car. Aftermarket support is very limited as well.
Hakosuka1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 05:42 PM   #59
xTomCatt
Leaky Injector

xTomCatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki805 View Post
Soooo no one has asked, what'd you pay for it??
I paid $6000 for it my man. Pretty cheap considering the shape the car is in if you ask me.
xTomCatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 05:45 PM   #60
xTomCatt
Leaky Injector

xTomCatt is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree. I just want the car to be what i have pictured in my head. A super clean two tone that is actually fun to drive.
xTomCatt is offline   Reply With Quote