Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-18-2018, 04:56 PM   #1
evankurokawa

Trader Rating: (0)
evankurokawa is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S14 Clutch Drag Problem

I'm having problems with my clutch not fully disengaging with the pedal on the floor. I replaced the clutch pedal assembly recently because the welds on the old one snapped. After I replaced it, the car was having a hard time getting into gear, so I went back and adjusted the pushrod so there would be more travel distance and bled my slave just to be safe. The car shifted like butter for a day and then went back to how it was, so I went back and pulled out my master cylinder and the pushrod was actually bent slightly. Should I just replace my master cylinder and see if that fixes it? Why would I work for a day and then go back to how it was? Any help is appreciated, I've read through a couple threads of people with similar issues but I can't seem to figure this out. Any help is appreciated thanks
evankurokawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2018, 07:46 PM   #2
oLemurs
Zilvia Member

oLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura about
yea a bent pushrod would decrease the amount your pedal can travel, i have had this issue also where i didnt tighten down the line to the slave cylinder enough and eventually it leaked enough to where it would put it in gear and it would drag. IMO you should get a z32 slave since you have an upgraded clutch and see where that leads you to. its also possible yours is leaking a very small amount because even with a white bunny clutch my slave popped after bleeding it.
oLemurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:11 PM   #3
evankurokawa

evankurokawa is an unknown quantity at this point
For anyone having the same issue; after messing around for a little with all the clutch hydraulics and everything, it turned out to be my t/o bearing. For anyone having similar issues, check clutch hydraulics first, if everything there looks fine, adjust the push-rod on the master cylinder, and if still nothing, drop the tranny and look for popped springs on clutch and look to see if your bearings are in good shape.

Last edited by evankurokawa; 04-11-2018 at 12:13 PM.. Reason: Formatting
evankurokawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 01:11 PM   #4
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
What was wrong with the throwout bearing? Seems odd that it would cause an intermittent issue like that.

I'm having a similar issue. If I let the car sit for a week I can get it into gear at a stop, but after driving it for a while the clutch doesn't disengage completely. It seems like a hydraulic issue where air is getting in the system, but I have a new master(oem), slave(oem) and I even replaced the hard line with a new steel braided line.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote