Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:12 PM   #1
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
kuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to kuruptR
My Daily. Build Version 38 - Progress pics

2006:

Getting it ready for body shop. Did a complete wire tuck to glove box, wiring harness got f'd up by my wheel..cause a small electrical fire. When I parked it, ALT light was on and other random electrical problems. So, Id have to get another harness or chop this one up.

The car was driven..mmm towed to a local body shop on May 1st, 2007.

filling the dents and shaving some unecessary holes.

Today I went down to take pics of the progress, heres where it sits now.
They have fit the new front fenders and primed the vehicle.

Still on the list:
More body work, down low. The rocker panels are rusted.
Windows have to be removed. Replacing with new Rear quarter windows while there out.
Car has to be decked.
New trunk lid to be installed.
Remove the doors to get the jams painted and also doors on both sides..

Well thats how it sits now, ill keep you guys posted and show you how it comes together and how my wallet empties.
Good god, $1000.00+ on molding alone.

Last edited by kuruptR; 12-16-2014 at 01:59 PM..
kuruptR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2007, 09:15 PM   #2
RoyalFlush
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
RoyalFlush has a spectacular aura aboutRoyalFlush has a spectacular aura aboutRoyalFlush has a spectacular aura aboutRoyalFlush has a spectacular aura aboutRoyalFlush has a spectacular aura aboutRoyalFlush has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i love your car, cant wait to see what it looks like next
Old 05-07-2007, 09:38 PM   #3
YoungRookie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
YoungRookie will become famous soon enoughYoungRookie will become famous soon enoughYoungRookie will become famous soon enoughYoungRookie will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to YoungRookie
Your car is what inspired me to get my hatch painted red, i love your whip, please keep us updated
Old 05-07-2007, 09:39 PM   #4
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
wow looks like shes getting a make over! make sure to keep us posted! and good job on showing htem american folks how we do it in canada!
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:42 PM   #5
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
Always loved how it looked before. Can't wait to see the mystery paint.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:50 PM   #6
240love
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i love your car!!! my 240 worships your 240...
240love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:51 PM   #7
Ca_laurier
Zilvia Junkie

Ca_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to all
damn jeeves what happened. well my car will hopefully be at speedtech next week and trust me, i am in the same shape as your right now.
Ca_laurier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:34 PM   #8
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
nice,

I relocated my fuse box and wiring underneath my Passanger side in my s14,

made a aluminum box, its matted next to my PowerFC ecu, and very clean.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:40 PM   #9
swift_style
Zilvia Junkie

swift_style is a jewel in the roughswift_style is a jewel in the roughswift_style is a jewel in the roughswift_style is a jewel in the roughswift_style is a jewel in the roughswift_style is a jewel in the roughswift_style is a jewel in the rough
That's a really good job with molding and body work. Can't wait to see end result. I need a lot of body work on my car and this is a little inspiration for me to get at it.
swift_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:54 PM   #10
jrocslider
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
jrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
damn... i cant wait to see what it looks like next.... ur car was pure sex... kinda hard to picture it lookin better
jrocslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:06 PM   #11
BobbyDigi
Zilvia Member

BobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really niceBobbyDigi is just really nice
Expands for the win. Picked a set of profounds up for my Q... Fabulous love
BobbyDigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:10 PM   #12
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
You have good taste

I have a good feeling that this new version will rule hard.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:38 PM   #13
Syncmaster
Leaky Injector

Syncmaster is making a name for him/her selfSyncmaster is making a name for him/her selfSyncmaster is making a name for him/her self
wow ... nice job...

Which is your old color ? red...
Syncmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:58 PM   #14
dorkjoey240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
dorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dorkjoey240
Can't wait to see what paint color your gonna use on the 240.
dorkjoey240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:26 PM   #15
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
I liked your car before.... so I know this new revision will be great as well.

Thanks for posting
Old 05-08-2007, 07:41 PM   #16
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
why do you not paint the hood

am i missing something?

and why not painting the area behind the tails and stuff?

PS. please fill me in on your glovebox fuse box relocation stuff? i did that recently but to get it to fit i just like disassembled the fuse box and it isnt exactly the cleanest thing in the world.
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:04 PM   #17
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

kuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmercer View Post
why do you not paint the hood

am i missing something?

and why not painting the area behind the tails and stuff?

PS. please fill me in on your glovebox fuse box relocation stuff? i did that recently but to get it to fit i just like disassembled the fuse box and it isnt exactly the cleanest thing in the world.

Ill get you details on tuck as i did not get to complete mounting it, but it fit pretty well... turned out better than i had expected.

Actually every thing is getting painted.
The reason for the area behind the taillights not primered or even the hood, is that they do not need to get decked. The area behind the tails doesnt have to be decked but it will be sanded and primed. The car will be primed(entire car this time as once piece) again once they find all the imperfections, they have done a bunch of show cars in town that turned out fairly flawless.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:49 PM   #18
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Pretty cool bro. Like what you have completed so far.
It will be awesome when its 100% done.
IIIXziuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:09 PM   #19
Adam496
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
Adam496 is making a name for him/her selfAdam496 is making a name for him/her selfAdam496 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Wow..so many awesome builds. Can't wait to see the finished product!
Adam496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:08 PM   #20
xblack240x
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
xblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xblack240x
Can't wait to see this thing finished, how it looked before was awesome, and now a mystery color =)
xblack240x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:17 PM   #21
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
by decked do you mean like, wiped? filler?
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:32 PM   #22
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

May 15th, 2007
As the car is still getting body work done, I'v been replacing parts with newer ones to restore it to a brand new state.

My engines FMIC has taken a beating over the 5 year period of owning the car, so I replaced it with a new one. Along with other parts getting wear over the last 5 years I see one major part that needed replacing, the brakes... So I got these from Nissan:
Old 05-15-2007, 10:35 PM   #23
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
nice brakesssss

money money money
Old 08-26-2007, 05:27 PM   #24
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

Bride Low Max Gias. After a season the seat started turning blue from my jeans. Wicked how these seats are washable! they clean up like brand new.

Nismo Cluster, whhaaaaaaa...
Old 08-26-2007, 05:31 PM   #25
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

The color.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:37 PM   #26
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

Shitty Cell phone pics.

Everything is getting painted from the trunk to the jams
Old 06-27-2014, 05:20 PM   #27
Jrod12
Leaky Injector

Jrod12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruptR View Post

Shitty Cell phone pics.

Everything is getting painted from the trunk to the jams
Barely found your build thread but just wondering a rough estimate how much did it cost to paint it not including bodywork
Jrod12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 05:42 PM   #28
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
lookin pretty slick there sir

cant wait to see it all finished up
Old 08-26-2007, 05:46 PM   #29
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
looks good, you should do a write up on the fuse box relocation
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:13 PM   #30
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

I will do the quick little write up on the box(s) relocation