Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-28-2007, 04:13 PM   #31
yarou
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
yarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Haha, sad truth is that not many people will actually ask you what it is. I've gotten a lot of compliments from people who think that it's a corolla. Here are a couple pics as requested, I have no recent ones since it's been sitting around waiting for the KA and the rest of the shit to go in.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:17 PM   #32
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'maDoMe View Post
I am still kinda new to the site so i don't know if this was a topic or not but who on here owns an s12? I want one sooo bad i don't know why either. They just appeal so....i don't know i just want one. I am not trying to buy one right now i just want to know who on here owns one.
Welcome to Zilvia, friend!

With that out of the way, I will introduce you to one of Zilvia's fine GEMS.........................

me.

At one point in time, I was known as old_s13. Nowadays I am known as ixfxi. I guess you could say that I'm kinda like Darth Vader who used to be known as Anakin (minus the emo bullshit over princess whatever her name was). Actually, its more like how Tupac eventually decided to just be called Makaveli.

Now, with that outta the way.. lets use a famous feature on Zilvia, called SEARCH. A quick search, combined with the keyword old_s13 will bring you to this gem of a post:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showpost.php...3&postcount=23

This one and single post, should answer any and every question you have about the 200SX. Once you know the above, theres really no reason to ever ask any other questions.. ever.

Thanks and welcome to Zilvia.

old_s13 aka ixfxi aka... russ's father.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:44 PM   #33
deadpirate
Zilvia FREAK!

deadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to deadpirate Send a message via Yahoo to deadpirate
^^ nice man...

really good info*hint-sarcasm*

dont be a prick for no reason. people have different tastes..

to the OP...go with what you want. the s12's are very capable, when done right. check out club-s12.org, do research. get your info together, and then decide
Old 06-28-2007, 05:57 PM   #34
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpirate View Post
do research. get your info together, and then decide to buy a newer car, not an s12, because that piece of shit is old and was designed during a decade when many car designers were high on cocaine because of the fuel crisis.
i complete and whole-heartedly agree.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:48 PM   #35
deadpirate
Zilvia FREAK!

deadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfection
dude...what ever man..i honestly hope the kid does by an s12, its called different.

instead of being like 98% of the s13's s14's and buying origin bodykits, super deep dish wheels, and slammed so low to the ground you cant get out of your own driveway, he wants something different. whats wrong with that exactly??
Old 06-28-2007, 07:57 PM   #36
hsoj_v
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
hsoj_v is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hsoj_v
I can post pics too Henry...

Old 06-28-2007, 08:03 PM   #37
chris300zr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
chris300zr is on the path to ruinchris300zr is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
semi trailing FTMFSSL!
chris300zr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:05 PM   #38
X 350GT X
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

X 350GT X will become famous soon enoughX 350GT X will become famous soon enoughX 350GT X will become famous soon enough
http://www.forumshawaii.net/vbb/show...ghlight=nissan

check that out.
X 350GT X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:05 PM   #39
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
hsoj_v, cute car

msglength
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:14 PM   #40
hsoj_v
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by downshift180 View Post
hsoj_v, cute car

msglength
Haha, thanks.

I had front end damage on my S12 like that before... gots it fixed though.
I forgot who's S12's those are but I swear i've seen them before.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:03 AM   #41
sLiDewAys
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
sLiDewAys is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i just had this dope ass vision.

some 16x9 front 16x10 rear. pulled and nicely flared rear with pulled front super flush . bout -3.0 camber front and rear. home depot front lip. black car on silver or gold wheels.

dont ask why i just had a vision.

if i do end up buyin a s12 that will most likly be the plan.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:10 AM   #42
yarou
Zilvia Addict

yarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsoj_v View Post
I can post pics too Henry...

Haha, you can whore pics with me anytime Josh

I'm jealous of your mk2 mudflaps and your solid rear.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:50 AM   #43
backroadtouge
Zilvia Member

backroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the rough
supprised noones posted the picture of the s12 with the supercharger poking out of the hood...

お金も腕も、何も無い・
backroadtouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:37 AM   #44
cgguy
Leaky Injector

cgguy is on a distinguished road
Here's my S12....

cgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:06 AM   #45
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
dude...what ever man..i honestly hope the kid does by an s12, its called different.

instead of being like 98% of the s13's s14's and buying origin bodykits, super deep dish wheels, and slammed so low to the ground you cant get out of your own driveway, he wants something different. whats wrong with that exactly??
nothing.

more nice cars for me to chose from

might as well list up the MA70 MKIII Supra up here, as a nice car for people to buy. Z31 300ZX.. another king classic of when cars were made great, the 80s BABY.

think about it. sit in the car. look at the shitty blocky interior, and realize what a poor job manufacturers were doing back then. they really were on crack.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:22 AM   #46
deadpirate
Zilvia FREAK!

ok...sit back a minute and think...most cars take a few years to design and develop correct? now think about this also, if the s13 was released in 89...that means development began in 86-87..possibly earlier. so...are you saying that the s13 is a poorly designed car?? how about the FC??? or the trueno???
Old 06-29-2007, 11:32 AM   #47
johngriff
Post Whore!

johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
Development on the S12 probably started somewhere in the 70's. Yes the S12 is kind of a bucket. I like the ones that are fixed up, but the rear suspension is such an ENORMOUS DETRACTING FACTOR, that you really cant take it seriously.

The S13 was a revolution in OEM designing, and won awards for the dashboard setting a new industry standard, doing away with the "blocks". It was also very highly acclaimed for utilizing a full multi-link rear suspension on a car that was less than 20k.

FC= The beta version of a car released to the public, using trailing arms, poor weight balance and a hand grenade in place of an engine. Trueno?? Sick hangers on of Nostagilc JDM. S12>AE86
Old 06-29-2007, 11:47 AM   #48
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngriff View Post
Development on the S12 probably started somewhere in the 70's. Yes the S12 is kind of a bucket. I like the ones that are fixed up, but the rear suspension is such an ENORMOUS DETRACTING FACTOR, that you really cant take it seriously.

The S13 was a revolution in OEM designing, and won awards for the dashboard setting a new industry standard, doing away with the "blocks". It was also very highly acclaimed for utilizing a full multi-link rear suspension on a car that was less than 20k.

FC= The beta version of a car released to the public, using trailing arms, poor weight balance and a hand grenade in place of an engine. Trueno?? Sick hangers on of Nostagilc JDM. S12>AE86
dude ide take a ae86 ANYDAY over a fuckin s12.

if its one thing toyota did right with the corolla, is make the rwd version back then. because the fwd flavor that is still being made today, is just castrated.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:52 PM   #49
hsoj_v
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLiDewAys View Post
i just had this dope ass vision.

some 16x9 front 16x10 rear. pulled and nicely flared rear with pulled front super flush . bout -3.0 camber front and rear. home depot front lip. black car on silver or gold wheels.

dont ask why i just had a vision.

if i do end up buyin a s12 that will most likly be the plan.
lol, I had a home depot front lip when I first bought my car. It looked crazy-stupid.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:12 PM   #50
deadpirate
Zilvia FREAK!

i do agree that the solid rear axle made for a shitty suspension set up on the earlier s12's. however the later models have Independent rear suspension.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:59 PM   #51
johngriff
Post Whore!

johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
Quote:
i do agree that the solid rear axle made for a shitty suspension set up on the earlier s12's. however the later models have Independent rear suspension.
Its really not Same IRS when comparing it to cars like the S13-15, Skyline, 300zx, New GTO etc. Its trailing arms. This means that the more the rear suspension is compressed and loaded up the more negative camber the wheel gains.

Dump the car? 10 degrees negative. Suspension travel? Negative camber. It is a failure.

But trailing arm S12 with IRS is better than the AE86 anyday. The mere fact you can Bolt an SR, CA, KA, VG, RB, VH into it is enought call it a done deal. My Old 88 Coupe weighed in at 2300 wet w/full interior.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:08 PM   #52
yarou
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I'd honestly rather have solid rear than trailing arms. And as for the s12 with the supercharger popping out of the hood, I don't believe that ever came to be. It was planned, pics were taken with it on the motor, the hole was cut in the hood, but I think the owner changed his mind in the end. It was NeedCAforS13's project

Old 06-30-2007, 12:34 AM   #53
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Funny. I think I would rather see a turbo up there instead of a supercharger. His s12 looks sweet though!
silverarrow27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:12 PM   #54
pEcHeP
Leaky Injector

pEcHeP has a reputation beyond reputepEcHeP has a reputation beyond reputepEcHeP has a reputation beyond reputepEcHeP has a reputation beyond reputepEcHeP has a reputation beyond reputepEcHeP has a reputation beyond reputepEcHeP has a reputation beyond reputepEcHeP has a reputation beyond reputepEcHeP has a reputation beyond reputepEcHeP has a reputation beyond reputepEcHeP has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to pEcHeP
I quote Family Guy "A boat is a boat, Lois, but a box could be anything. It could even be a boat!". I had an s12. Now I have an s13. Not to hurt the s12 reputation, but more people jumped on the s13 bandwagon, so if you are new to working on the s chassis then there's more help here than club-s12.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:59 PM   #55
hsoj_v
Leaky Injector

Sean's car is dope! Where'd he run off to!?

But seriously though... I've been apart of Club-S12 for almost 4-5 years now and I have to say that the forums are slower than before. It seems to me the dedicated owners sold off they're s12 to some newbie and that newbie gives up due to lack of aftermarket and kills of the Forums. So not much dedicated members in the club anymore but there are a few like henry, indy, colin, marvin, keith, joel, arro myself and a bunch of others.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:13 PM   #56
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
98% of the s13's s14's and buying origin bodykits, super deep dish wheels, and slammed so low to the ground you cant get out of your own driveway
nobody has that

at least not on zilvia

mostly its ebay aero and 17s in bad widths and not very low
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:33 PM   #57
I'maDoMe

I'maDoMe is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to I'maDoMe Send a message via MSN to I'maDoMe
I own a 97 Kouki but i have always had a thing for the old model cars.
Yeah i have made up my mind...and I am gonna go find me a S12! YEAH! I love the way that they look don't care that it resembles an ae86. I love it and they look sooo sexy with Konig Rewinds awwww...Yeah i am gonna start researching and find me one hopefully by next month. Thanks for all the info and to those of you who posted your S12 they were sexy even if it was kinda busted lol. I guess on Club S12 is where i can find out most of what i can do to it. Once again i appriciate all the help, advice and opinions. Hopefully soon i will post pics of my own S12. Usually i don't give up on things that easily. If i did i wouldn't own my 240. It took 8 months to get it lol.

Last edited by I'maDoMe; 07-01-2007 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: forgot to add lol
I'maDoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:29 PM   #58
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
S13 rear subframe bolts onto the S12 with modification. you know what that means....
Old 07-01-2007, 08:27 PM   #59
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky_180 View Post
S13 rear subframe bolts onto the S12 with modification. you know what that means....
that you end up with an old 89-94 suspension setup on an even OLDER S12 chassis?

wow, i can already imagine it.. how glamorous
Old 07-01-2007, 08:44 PM   #60
deadpirate
Zilvia FREAK!

it means more suspension options...dude...seriously...why are you so negative????