Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-28-2015, 09:43 PM   #1
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
ISIS Thermostat help

Hey guys, I just had a quick question regarding my ISIS thermostat on my KA24DE. I purchased it during the Black Friday sale at Enjuku for $15. Since putting it in, it seems to work fine. I noticed in the beginning that the temp gauge would drop when I hit ~5-5.5k. Now, 2 months later and immediately after my last event, I noticed that it completely bottoms out as soon as I hit 3k. If I rev the motor it will drop. This leads me to believe that the tstat is stuck open. I have not had time to pull it out. I have already emailed Enjuku about exchanging it under warranty, I just wanted to see if anyone else using it had the same issue.

Thanks for the help
Old 03-01-2015, 03:41 PM   #2
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Go oem dude.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:10 PM   #3
Whitey13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Whitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Enjuku really needs to change the name of their product line.
Whitey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:14 PM   #4
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey13 View Post
Enjuku really needs to change the name of their product line.
hahahahhahahahhahahahhahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahh ahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahha hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:08 AM   #5
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
wood grain valve cover
isis thermostat

:-)
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:34 AM   #6
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
Go oem dude.
Fucking this. An OEM thermostat costs the same as the TrashSIS. There is literally zero reason to buy anything else. 0.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:22 PM   #7
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Again, I got it because it was 15 bucks. I run an oem tstat in my SR, I just wanted one that opens a little earlier for my ka, mostly for summer events. Enjuku is sending me another. If it fails I'll either go oem or Nismo
Old 03-04-2015, 12:26 PM   #8
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

I swear you guys get angry over anything. It's a fucking thermostat. 90% of the population get the $3 parts store replacement for their vehicles and have no issues. Calm down
Old 03-04-2015, 12:33 PM   #9
Whitey13
Zilvia Junkie

Whitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
I swear you guys get angry over anything. It's a fucking thermostat. 90% of the population get the $3 parts store replacement for their vehicles and have no issues. Calm down
I was thinking the same thing reading the responses.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:56 PM   #10
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
i dont think anyone is angry

i just think people are surprised that you would install a junk thermostat into a motor you care about

thermostat: a rather vital engine component responsible in regulating your coolant temperature.

WHAT!?$@?!@$ Someone say black friday SALE?!?! Fuckit! I'ma baller on a budget rollin deep with that WOOOOOOOOOD GRAAAAAAAAAAAIIIN!

Come on man. You should know better.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:07 PM   #11
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

I really don't understand why you're mocking me for having a woodgrain valve cover. Who cares? I thought it would look cool and make the bay look better.

I really don't see how to quality of an ISIS thermostat is any different than those at parts stores. I run ISIS pro arms on this car abd was extremely happy with their quality, so I figured I'd be perfectly fine running their thermostat. Maybe this was a dud. Maybe the new one will last for a long time. Maybe not. People completely remove thermostats and never have an issue. It's really not as big of a deal as you guys are making it. Im not asking about slapping a cx racing turbo and running 70psi of boost on my stock ka.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:31 PM   #12
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
ISIS also makes z32 MAFs that have been known to fail right out the box.

You state that you're happy with their quality. How so? Just because it doesn't break immediately.

Well congrats, it broke.

Your theory is flawed.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:54 PM   #13
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
ISIS also makes z32 MAFs that have been known to fail right out the box.

You state that you're happy with their quality. How so? Just because it doesn't break immediately.

Well congrats, it broke.

Your theory is flawed.
No I am happy because I remember the quality of their v1 arms. What I was trying to say is that it seems like ISIS has started enforcing some kind of quality control over the old identical-to-ebay parts that they used to sell. Tstats fail all the time. . It happens. It seriously isn't this big of a deal.

Guess what guys, when the new one comes in you know what I'm going to do with it? I'm going to install it. Because it is my car and my choice. If it fails it is my mistake to have to fix again. Focus on your own shit and stop getting bent out of shape over what other people are doing with theirs. There are far more worse things I could be doing that would warrant ridicule than installing a fucking thermostat. Lawd hav merci
Old 03-04-2015, 06:44 PM   #14
Whitey13
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I really don't understand why you're mocking me for having a woodgrain valve cover. Who cares? I thought it would look cool and make the bay look better.
you don't have to explain anything to them. It just throws gas on the fire.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:33 PM   #15
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Quote:
No I am happy because I remember the quality of their v1 arms. What I was trying to say is that it seems like ISIS has started enforcing some kind of quality control over the old identical-to-ebay parts that they used to sell. Tstats fail all the time. . It happens. It seriously isn't this big of a deal.

Guess what guys, when the new one comes in you know what I'm going to do with it? I'm going to install it. Because it is my car and my choice. If it fails it is my mistake to have to fix again. Focus on your own shit and stop getting bent out of shape over what other people are doing with theirs. There are far more worse things I could be doing that would warrant ridicule than installing a fucking thermostat. Lawd hav merci
Spoken like a true peasant.

Asking for help means you WANT people to "focus on your shit".

Have fun risking your engine, broke boy.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:29 AM   #16
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Spoken like a true peasant.

Asking for help means you WANT people to "focus on your shit".

Have fun risking your engine, broke boy.
Actually, if you had read my original post, I simply asked if the dropping of the temp gauge was experienced by anyone else. I wasn't aware I had to ask people to refrain from insulting me and critiquing my purchases. Again, it's a damn thermostat. I ran a parts store tstat for over a year and it never failed me. I still feel the ISIS unit is more reliable, I just got a dud, which I saw many times when I worked at a parts store. It happens. I'm sorry if that inconveniences your life in any way.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:27 AM   #17
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Chill, you're acting as if you just signed up and arent used to the sarcasm around here.

By the way, you stop to think that maybe the thermostat is OK, and that maybe you have an issue with your sending unit or gauge? A thermostat is simple to test, remove it and put it in boiling water, see how it actuates at various temps. Same goes for your sending unit. Do some damn diagnosing. I dont understand why you're whining about basic troubleshooting.

Maybe the thermostat sucks, maybe it doesnt. Personally, I wouldnt want to jeopardize an engine over a few dollars - but black friday has more meaning than it does for me.

I dunno. How hard is it to purchase an OEM thermostat. Did they triple in price all of a sudden? Where is the big expenditure, because I am confused.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:27 AM   #18
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
Chill, you're acting as if you just signed up and arent used to the sarcasm around here.

By the way, you stop to think that maybe the thermostat is OK, and that maybe you have an issue with your sending unit or gauge? A thermostat is simple to test, remove it and put it in boiling water, see how it actuates at various temps. Same goes for your sending unit. Do some damn diagnosing. I dont understand why you're whining about basic troubleshooting.

Maybe the thermostat sucks, maybe it doesnt. Personally, I wouldnt want to jeopardize an engine over a few dollars - but black friday has more meaning than it does for me.

I dunno. How hard is it to purchase an OEM thermostat. Did they triple in price all of a sudden? Where is the big expenditure, because I am confused.
I'm mostly talking to Zar, who is getting all bent out of shape over nothing. Even if you were being serious, I don't really care what other people think about my choice of valve cover finish, just didn't know why you kept on with it. Is there some inside joke about woodgrain valve covers that I'm not getting? I know it's fairly common

And you're right, it is simple to test, I just haven't had time and have avoided driving it in the mean time. Like I said before, I wanted one that opened earlier then oem for track days. If this fails again then I will buy a Nismo. Just thought I'd try it out since the quality of their other stuff has seemed to improve.

I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed if their gauge drop in the upper rpm range like mine. I knew dropping at 3k like it just started doing was abnormal and I was 99.99% sure it is stuck open. I wasn't interested any anyone's opinion on the brand or anything like that.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:09 PM   #19
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Yeah...

but what about that wood grain tho? :-)
Old 03-05-2015, 01:06 PM   #20
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
First I'd like to thank each and everyone of you. You've taken the time out of your precious lives just to help flame the op. I'd say he deserved it all. Hes supporting a terrible Company that not only makes garbage parts, but also bears the name of a terrorist organization.

This thread and many others have provided countless hours of gut busting lulz. I <3 ZILVIA.

and to the OP, wood grain doesn't help clean up anything, it only makes it more confusing. I mean..
why the hell would there be wood inside engine being the first place? Lol. I wouldn't use anything isis, even if it was given to me for free! But I would pawn it to a peasant like the OP!
fatduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:17 PM   #21
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Arguing with the OP is like arguing with a wooden plank.

So I find his valve cover quite fitting.

Old 03-05-2015, 03:19 PM   #22
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

No you....
Old 03-05-2015, 03:28 PM   #23
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
No you....
Old 03-07-2015, 05:46 PM   #24
zurud
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
zurud is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
IS the ISIS product imported from Syria or Iraq? I am scared to buy them for funding the terrorist. The DHS will be knocking on my door if I buy any product from ISIS.
zurud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 05:49 PM   #25
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
holy fuq im lollin Zar and ixfixixfixifixiffixifxifxfixfixfi